Broken ground wire - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Broken ground wire

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
MYSSIE74

Broken ground wire

Found a broken ground wire near the transfer case not sure what it goes to, suggestions? 2006 grande cherokee

MYSSIE74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
WahooCreek
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Look for the other side of the ground strap on one of the bolts of the outer edge of the transfer case.

If that's it, it simply helps ground the transfer case/transmission, perhaps to help the sensors (maybe?). Had the same one break on my 2000 ZJ.

Fairly easy to replace. You should be able to get a replacement at any parts store, I got mine at autozone.

Good luck and welcome to JF.
WahooCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #3
MYSSIE74

Quote:
Originally Posted by WahooCreek
Look for the other side of the ground strap on one of the bolts of the outer edge of the transfer case.

If that's it, it simply helps ground the transfer case/transmission, perhaps to help the sensors (maybe?). Had the same one break on my 2000 ZJ.

Fairly easy to replace. You should be able to get a replacement at any parts store, I got mine at autozone.

Good luck and welcome to JF.
Thank you. Do you think this could be the cause of the hesitation in my jeep?
MYSSIE74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
WahooCreek
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure. You might try posting in the Grand Cherokee subforum rather than in this one. You should get more traffic there. Good luck.
WahooCreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.