Badass Shift Knob - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Badass Shift Knob

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 01-13-2008, 01:11 PM   #46
gudoldboy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I made the same shifter knob on my g/fs Jeep TJa month back..... I didnt even see this thread until yesterday!! Looks really nice in it... Next weekend its Marpat seat covers!
Yes you can usually get these at surplus stores...

[QUOTE=Keelentime;5197679]just ordered my new bikini and bra....

Thank god this is a jeep forum, or that would have sounded a bit fruity :rofl:[/QUOTE]
gudoldboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2008, 07:57 AM   #47
pmccoy9876
1997 TJ Wrangler 

do you have any trouble with the tranny slipping out of gear due to the weight of the grenade, like when you hit a big bump or something? Bought a grenade and was gonna try it, but it just felt too heavy.
pmccoy9876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2008, 11:31 AM   #48
gudoldboy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Actually it makes shifting a bit easier... The extra weight seems to help get it into third gear and reverse. The one thing I will say.. That dang grenade is COLD for a long time in the winter and can only imagine what its going to be like in the sumer with the top off... We are now thinking of a different shifter knob...

[QUOTE=Keelentime;5197679]just ordered my new bikini and bra....

Thank god this is a jeep forum, or that would have sounded a bit fruity :rofl:[/QUOTE]
gudoldboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2008, 02:52 PM   #49
GSXRinTOW
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quadratec sells these...

http://www.quadratec.com/products/96117_702.htm
Unread 03-23-2008, 10:01 AM   #50
distortedtj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
In today's paranoid society, don't be surprised if some old lady (or ultra-liberal who hates Jeepers and just wants to cause trouble for the Jeeper) called the cops after seeing a "grenade" inside a Jeep not realizing it was only a shift knob.

just seen your reply Jerry and you are probally right about someone not knowing it was fake...

But im in the military and the jeep is on base or at my house in base housing.
I leave it sit in the garage and only drive it to and from trails. So hopefully that old lady dont doesn't freak out when she see's it on the trail.

Ya'll that do Daily Drive your jeep should think about things like "the crazy old lady" when incorporating "WEAPONS" into or on your vehicle. Even if you just get pulled over im sure some cop out there would ( SHART ) his pants if he seen a grenade when asking for your licience and papers.

It's nice being just down the road from DPGoffroad.

Now a 99 SAHARICON!!!!
distortedtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2008, 11:08 PM   #51
toates89
1989 XJ Cherokee 

i have a hurst on my xj, had a beer tap handle on the yj, and i think i am gunna do a 3 ball soon
toates89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2008, 09:10 PM   #52
sbmb0913
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Thought I would get unique with a true redneck modification.
()_) ()_)----)_)
sbmb0913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #53
cartwright27
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here's my new one

It may not be very 'bada**' but its good for a laugh and a bit of nostalgia.

cartwright27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #54
VTECZILLA
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperDon View Post
I stole one just like that from an open Jeep in a parking lot. I only had it a week before it was stolen.
BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!BAN HIM NOW!!!!!!!!
Unread 05-21-2008, 02:05 PM   #55
Rasilis
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm sure I'm not the only one with one of these. Its kind of luxurious with the leather and all

Rasilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2008, 11:10 AM   #56
sorrymissfofo
2004 TJ Wrangler 

hay i just bought a pretty bad *** hott rod shift knob but i got 2 problems 1 its not drilled does anyone know where i can get it drilled or what size bit to use and 2 i cant get the stock knob off does anybody have any tips for getiing it off ?
sorrymissfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2008, 11:44 PM   #57
PhatForrest
2006 LJ Wrangler 

My tranny shifter knob is a Miller Lite tap handle, and my transfer case shift knob is a Budwieser tap handle.
92 YJ, 2.5 l/o, 4" Lift, 33" Super Swampers, Superwinch EPi9.0, Aussie Locked Dana 30, Uniden pro510xl CB and Firestik antenna, Hi Lift, Tuffy Center Console, Miller Lite tap handle shift knob, 40mm ammo can tool box, chains, straps, etc. - Sold to a good home

2006 Wrangler LJ.
PhatForrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2008, 01:32 AM   #58
scorpion26
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokey View Post
...I dunno, a gernade isn't a gernade without the pin...
Yea, I agree its more like 5 seconds until destruction.
scorpion26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2008, 03:15 AM   #59
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasilis View Post
I'm sure I'm not the only one with one of these. Its kind of luxurious with the leather and all

I have a baseball too. My daughter colored it all up a couple a years back in daycare and gave it to me for Father's Day. So I made a shift knob out of it.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #60
RedMountainYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm planning on using a baseball grenade for my t-case shifter. Anyone know the thread size/pitch for a stock NP231 ('95 YJ)?

Thanks

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.