Axle breather hose - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Axle breather hose

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
joey5639
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Axle breather hose

Hello guys i have a 95 yj wrangler and I've been preparing it to go off roading and in mud and water etc i was told i had to extend the axle breather hoses higher so that water doesn't get in i it does my axle will lock up and I'm screwed basically. So i was told there was two hoses one in the front axle and another in the rear.my general question is where and how high should i extended the hoses

joey5639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
Feetwet
Enjoying the Ride

1995 YJ Wrangler 

If your 95 still has the stock setup, you can trace the rubber hoses from the differentials upwards and see where they currently end. The rear should go up behind the driver's taillight, the front should lead forward and end next to the radiator on the driver's side. They should both have check valves at their ends.
They should already end about as high as your headlights, if you get that deep you have other things to worry about as well.
Many discussions about waterproofing your rig can be found using Search.

...and try to fill out your Profile so we can know more about your Jeep.

Friends don't let friends roll over without a negative-G strap

Feetwet's Ford 8.8 Axle Teardown/Rebuild/Install

AX5 Output Shaft Seal Replacement

Hand Throttle Install

AX5 Vent Install
Feetwet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
blakeg38135
2006 LJ Wrangler 

they have a plastic check vavle on them ur good inless u go swiming but dude on my transfer case hose the zip tie that holds it to the bell houseing broke an the hose had some slack to move around an the front drive shaft rubed a hole in it an drained my transfer case out of atf i had to replace the seals and the chain but diff check that
blakeg38135 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.