any tricks to make your jeep look lifted? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > any tricks to make your jeep look lifted?

Disc Brake Kits from ECGSECGS JK Dana 60 Bolt In Rear DiffGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 02-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #46
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Park next to a mini cooper.

Oops, should have read page 3

Unread 02-08-2012, 02:23 AM   #47
nacheswheelin
1960 CJ5 

On the yj's you have to use a sawzall or cutoff wheel to get the rear passenger bolt out. It's just a bad factory design.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info definatley a bad design , i was also wondering if he would have to get new shocks as well?
nacheswheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #48
OsteKuste

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Park next to a bunch of midgets?
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #49
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacheswheelin View Post
On the yj's you have to use a sawzall or cutoff wheel to get the rear passenger bolt out. It's just a bad factory design.
Thanks for the info definatley a bad design , i was also wondering if he would have to get new shocks as well?[/QUOTE]

Not with a 1" or lower shackle lift. I wouldn't recommend anything over 1" anyway. The lift is negligible enough hat shock travel won't affect stock sprigs cycling.
Unread 02-09-2012, 02:15 AM   #50
karlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsteKuste View Post
Park next to a bunch of midgets?
Hahaha
karlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 03:52 AM   #51
Umbra0101
1997 TJ Wrangler 

16 huh? Unzip and take a pic next to it.

And the girls go...
Unread 02-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #52
74Maverick
1977 CJ5 

Its already been said but ill add a bit to it get a 1 inch lift shackle (2 inches total longer shackle). Then if your dad will let you add a leaf to your spring pack. It wont sag as much when loaded and can be done basically free except maybe a longer center bolt in each leaf pack. So for shackles and bolts your looking at like 50-60 bucks and a good saturdays worth of work. You shouldnt need longer shocks. And it will sit slightly higher at rest and will feel firmer on the road and less body roll in turns. Although it may not be as soft of a ride but your young enough to not care.
Plus it would be a good time to get some time underneath your vehicle to look and learn and inspect what goes on under there. Everytime i buy a vehicle i always jack it up in the first week or so and crawl underneath there for 20 minutes or so to familiarize myself with it.
Unread 02-15-2012, 08:08 PM   #53
strhodes
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Maverick View Post
Its already been said but ill add a bit to it get a 1 inch lift shackle (2 inches total longer shackle). Then if your dad will let you add a leaf to your spring pack. It wont sag as much when loaded and can be done basically free except maybe a longer center bolt in each leaf pack. So for shackles and bolts your looking at like 50-60 bucks and a good saturdays worth of work. You shouldnt need longer shocks. And it will sit slightly higher at rest and will feel firmer on the road and less body roll in turns. Although it may not be as soft of a ride but your young enough to not care.
Plus it would be a good time to get some time underneath your vehicle to look and learn and inspect what goes on under there. Everytime i buy a vehicle i always jack it up in the first week or so and crawl underneath there for 20 minutes or so to familiarize myself with it.
i really like the shackle idea cuz it sounds pretty simple. not sure about adding a leaf. mostly cuz i dont know how haha
Unread 02-16-2012, 03:57 AM   #54
OsteKuste

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Take the springs to a shop that builds them. Usually a place like that is easy to find, just ask some local guys with huge lifted trucks. Seriously though, it should be much cheaper than new springs, but might make the ride a bit harsher. Did this on all my leaf-sprung Jeeps.
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:01 PM   #55
guillot1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottusyeroc
You can also fill tires with helium and it will look bigger.
F-ing BRILLIANT. your jeep shouldn't sink in water now either
guillot1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #56
strhodes
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottusyeroc View Post
You can also fill tires with helium and it will look bigger.
how does this work?? haha doesnt make sense
Unread 02-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #57
guillot1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by strhodes

how does this work?? haha doesnt make sense
It's a joke.
guillot1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #58
Toddster4x4
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I got my jeep when I was 15 ( totally stock ) and I'm 17 now and I would consider telling your dad that if you bought it it's yours :-) that's what I did and it's turned out pretty good ... For a 17 yr old especially dents I did all my own work with my own money to !! Good luck on your jeep ! Check out rough country for cheap lifts and I did mine by my self and it took me 7 hours at age 15 !!
Unread 02-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #59
strhodes
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillot1994 View Post
It's a joke.
well i feel like an idiot.. haha

anyways.. i got lift shackles from Advanced the otherday.
Unread 02-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #60
strhodes
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddster4x4 View Post
I got my jeep when I was 15 ( totally stock ) and I'm 17 now and I would consider telling your dad that if you bought it it's yours :-) that's what I did and it's turned out pretty good ... For a 17 yr old especially dents I did all my own work with my own money to !! Good luck on your jeep ! Check out rough country for cheap lifts and I did mine by my self and it took me 7 hours at age 15 !!
too bad im in the process of paying my dad off for it haha and i only have to pay back half so its still kinda partially his oh well. someday i'll do alot of mods. yall can check out my "build" here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/h...build-1304569/

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.