any tricks to make your jeep look lifted? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > any tricks to make your jeep look lifted?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 12-26-2011, 09:32 PM   #31
Bama1987
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Park it next to a honda

Bama1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 02:01 PM   #32
Pelikan
2013 JK Wrangler 

Marry a midget.
2013 JKU, billet (silver), Teraflex 2.5" llift, Teraflex lcr's, ATX Artillery wheels, 33x12.5x17 Mickey Thompson MTZ's, Smittybilt XRC rear bumper, Rock Hard front bumper w/ Warn M8000, N-Fab nerf bars, OR-Fab swingout tire carrier
Pelikan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 09:46 PM   #33
BrianBFD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by strhodes View Post
well i allready got the tires i like and i just want the 2" lift to fit them better. i'm 16 and my dad doesnt want me to "go crazy" with mods. but thats mostly because he thinks that any kind of lift will screw up the fuel efficiency and he thinks its more complicated than it actually is. he also thinks it will mess up the steering column. would it?

2" Won't do anything to your MPG's. It is also pretty easy to install. I will not do anything to your steering column. The only thing altered by a 2" lift is the looks and you will have to have an alignment afterwards.

If fishing is a sport, does that make me an athlete?
BrianBFD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-31-2011, 09:51 PM   #34
ruthole
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog2000
Are you a complete idiot?
Never put blocks in the front to lift any vehicle.
It will lower it if SUA any how

Edit somebody beat me to it. And if SOA he wouldn't have made this thread

Lone jeep club member #1

[QUOTE=TMSquy;13470729]If parts aint flyin you aint tryin![/QUOTE]
ruthole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2012, 10:06 PM   #35
XJnoob2012
2001 XJ Cherokee 

What color is the vehicle?

The reason I ask is this: I have a white XJ that I recently did some exterior work too that unintentionally made it look slightly "taller." In this case, I sprayed bedliner on the rocker panels on each side of the vehicle just up to the first body line. This was meant to start the process of protecting it from salt, as the vehicle was previously driven only in the south, and to break up the absurd amount of whiteness on this vehicle. Anyway, to get to the point, the contrast between the white body paint and the black bedliner on the bottom of each side made it look like it has a bit more clearance without actually doing anything complicated/expensive.

Not sure if that is what you are looking for, but just a thought.

At some point in the not too distant future I will be looking to do a boost also; noticed some deals in the vendor section on budget boosts. Another idea, which you may have already looked at, is a junkyard boost. Should be relatively cheap, just gotta figure out what parts you want. Search the forum, there is tons of info on what will work.
XJnoob2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #36
johnoh
1998 TJ Wrangler 

really long shackles?
johnoh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #37
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'd say trim your flares. It helped me fit some bigger rubber. Jonzjeepyj did a custom cut flat fender job up front and it looks pretty awesome. It's definitely an improvement and it costs only time. Also adding tj flares will open the wheel wells and give the impression of lift in a sense.
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #38
Shilohsho
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Jump the jeep and have someone take a picture while it is in mid air. If you want it to look lowered then have the same photographer snap a pic at landing. This should do the trick.
Shilohsho is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #39
OsteKuste

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama1987 View Post
Park it next to a honda
LMFAO!! Even better, park it on a Honda!
Unread 01-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #40
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Jack it up by the frame til your tires are barely touching the ground

Then take a picture.......wit midgets and some mini Dobermans and say they are full size

Or take a picture of a hotchick in bikini with your low rider Jeep in the background. Nobody will see the Jeep
Unread 02-06-2012, 05:04 AM   #41
nacheswheelin
1960 CJ5 

Quote:
so i assume that would be relatively simple then? i've been thinking about installing a 2" body lift but i dont know how that would effect stearing, leaf springs, fuel efficiency.
instead of the body lift buy some shackles it will look better and get your drivetrain up a little higher not just the body

REMEMBER the higher you go the easier to flip!!
nacheswheelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #42
strhodes
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacheswheelin View Post
instead of the body lift buy some shackles it will look better and get your drivetrain up a little higher not just the body

REMEMBER the higher you go the easier to flip!!
sounds like a good idea! i was thinkin about a 2" lift but i cant find any shackles that would give that much. the most i found was 1.25" for a YJ (which is what i have). 1.25" would be ok but if anyone happens to find something around 2" please let me know!
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #43
strhodes
1994 YJ Wrangler 

nevermind. found a bunch on ebay. just wondering, what kind of effect would tha have on the jeep? the same as a body lift i assume? and this might be a stupid question but dont you need 4 up front and 4 in the back or just 4 to go all around?
Unread 02-07-2012, 06:13 AM   #44
nacheswheelin
1960 CJ5 

yes you will need two per leaf spring which is 8 total, when you change the shacles it helps to have a punch to get that bolt out without scarring.
nacheswheelin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #45
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
nevermind. found a bunch on ebay. just wondering, what kind of effect would tha have on the jeep? the same as a body lift i assume? and this might be a stupid question but dont you need 4 up front and 4 in the back or just 4 to go all around?
Why don't you contact BESRK or VACJ5 in the CJ section and have them set you up with shackles? It'll be a lot cheaper and you'll be supporting JF members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacheswheelin View Post
yes you will need two per leaf spring which is 8 total, when you change the shacles it helps to have a punch to get that bolt out without scarring.
On the yj's you have to use a sawzall or cutoff wheel to get the rear passenger bolt out. It's just a bad factory design.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.