any tricks to make your jeep look lifted? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > any tricks to make your jeep look lifted?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #16
DoctorTim
1996 XJ Cherokee 

trim fenders, bigger tires, and whatever non-suspension related items that effect your clearence (high-clearence transfer case crossmember/skid, small bumpers that show off all the linkage and suspension... )

96 XJ, geared, 8.8, 5", 33s, dash
DoctorTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2011, 04:05 PM   #17
DoctorTim
1996 XJ Cherokee 

also, you have all leaf springs, I can install a 2" lift in 20 mins on one of those things, but get a block of aluminum with a hole through the center and bolt it right in!

Unread 12-17-2011, 06:35 AM   #18
Photog2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-Tim View Post
also, you have all leaf springs, I can install a 2" lift in 20 mins on one of those things, but get a block of aluminum with a hole through the center and bolt it right in!
Are you a complete idiot?
Never put blocks in the front to lift any vehicle.
Photog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #19
DoctorTim
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photog2000 View Post
Are you a complete idiot?
Never put blocks in the front to lift any vehicle.
XJs dont have leafs in the front, i wouldn't know that dip****. So no, I'm not a complete idiot, not as much as you anyways..

Unread 12-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #20
Photog2000
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
XJs dont have leafs in the front, i wouldn't know that dip****. So no, I'm not a complete idiot, not as much as you anyways..
You just proved my point. He has a YJ with all leaf springs as you pointed out for yourself above. You then go on to point out that I was the moron for pointing out your shortcomings. Maybe you should go back to the beginning of the thread. I stand by my first post.
Photog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #21
BSInc
1985 CJ7 

just wait until he figures out that YJ's are spring under.

2" block = 2" lowering kit.

check out flare and highline options like www.genrite.com and modernclassicenterprises.com to open up the wheel opening allowing bigger rubber like others have mentioned.

BSInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #22
04WJny
1987 YJ Wrangler 

^lmao

You can get some midgets to drive your jeep so it looks bigger
In the process of putting in an 8.8, d30, 4.10's, SOA, and a homemade belly up skid
04WJny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 05:51 PM   #23
bpmichael

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04WJny
^lmao

You can get some midgets to drive your jeep so it looks bigger
Very nicely done.
bpmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #24
BrianBFD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
trim fenders, bigger tires, and whatever non-suspension related items that effect your clearence (high-clearence transfer case crossmember/skid, small bumpers that show off all the linkage and suspension... )

Do all of this and smaller tires, small tires will also show more of your linkage/suspension thingys...

If fishing is a sport, does that make me an athlete?
BrianBFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 07:53 PM   #25
strhodes
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

so i assume that would be relatively simple then? i've been thinking about installing a 2" body lift but i dont know how that would effect stearing, leaf springs, fuel efficiency.
strhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 05:23 AM   #26
BrianBFD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by strhodes View Post
so i assume that would be relatively simple then? i've been thinking about installing a 2" body lift but i dont know how that would effect stearing, leaf springs, fuel efficiency.
2" really isn't that much and will have little effect that you can actually notice. What happens is, a 2" lift with stock tires will look a little odd and leads to bigger tires (less mpg's), then you decide that looks o.k. but 4" would look better than the wimpy 2", with the 4" lift comes, yep, that's right, bigger tires, and this will continue on until you are out of money or you have created something you can't even drive on the street anymore....
This scenerio does not even address the other changes that you will HAVE to do, like roll cage upgrade, flat fenders, etc...

If fishing is a sport, does that make me an athlete?
BrianBFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #27
strhodes
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBFD View Post
2" really isn't that much and will have little effect that you can actually notice. What happens is, a 2" lift with stock tires will look a little odd and leads to bigger tires (less mpg's), then you decide that looks o.k. but 4" would look better than the wimpy 2", with the 4" lift comes, yep, that's right, bigger tires, and this will continue on until you are out of money or you have created something you can't even drive on the street anymore....
This scenerio does not even address the other changes that you will HAVE to do, like roll cage upgrade, flat fenders, etc...
well i allready got the tires i like and i just want the 2" lift to fit them better. i'm 16 and my dad doesnt want me to "go crazy" with mods. but thats mostly because he thinks that any kind of lift will screw up the fuel efficiency and he thinks its more complicated than it actually is. he also thinks it will mess up the steering column. would it?
Unread 12-21-2011, 02:42 PM   #28
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by strhodes View Post
well i allready got the tires i like and i just want the 2" lift to fit them better. i'm 16 and my dad doesnt want me to "go crazy" with mods. but thats mostly because he thinks that any kind of lift will screw up the fuel efficiency and he thinks its more complicated than it actually is. he also thinks it will mess up the steering column. would it?
It's a good idea not to go crazy in the beginning. Wheel it a few times and decide what you're looking for before doing much.

In terms of the steering column, it'll make your steering wheel off by a bit at first, but an alignment will fix that (which you should do anyhow after a lift). But that's almost in the aesthetics category.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 03:26 PM   #29
strhodes
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlingForward View Post
It's a good idea not to go crazy in the beginning. Wheel it a few times and decide what you're looking for before doing much.

In terms of the steering column, it'll make your steering wheel off by a bit at first, but an alignment will fix that (which you should do anyhow after a lift). But that's almost in the aesthetics category.
ok. thanks.
Unread 12-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #30
timmysyj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Paint some vertical stripes on it. Works for short people wearing striped shirts.
timmysyj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.