Angry Headlights - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Angry Headlights

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 04-30-2013, 01:19 AM   #106
WeezyBlue
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
I don't think anyone said idiots. It's just some of the members believe it to be an unnecessary degradation of the factory lighting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moses21 View Post
Well I'm younger (18) and I hate people like this that make us all look like stupid idiots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Just because we think what we want and express it, doesn't make us ****** bags. If people do something stupid, I'm going to call them an idiot. Angry eyes are right up there with spoilers on FWD cars and fart cannons. It's pointless and moronic. But to each his own, some people think lifted jeeps are stupid. But they're idiots as well.
Almost every modification on this website is an unnecessary degradation of some degree. If we were all worried about making things as practical and safe and efficient as possible, we'd all have Civics and Corollas.

You're absolutely right it degrades light output to a degree, it's a physical certainty. I just can't believe how polarized people are about it

WeezyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #107
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Most modifications are actually functional to some mechanical degree though, whether it be passive or active. So long as proper parts and materials are used and they are installed correctly per manufacturer spec, safety should not be an issue. Darkening a headlight lens is purely aesthetic and serves zero purpose, plus it also reduces its already limited capability. I'm also quite certain it's illegal to cover your headlights in any state with anything so long as it's dark and they are in use, though it's probably fine during the daytime. I really don't give a **** if people want to do it, because it gives me something to point and laugh at. People are free to do whatever they want to their vehicle, and I'm free to make fun of them for it.

And if you're getting flashed by other drivers with your stock headlights, you didn't re-aim them after putting on a lift and larger tires. You've got at least 2" from the tires alone, plus whatever that kit netted you.

Cherokee Of The Month Winnar! - September 2012
PhilipJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #108
WeezyBlue
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipJ View Post
Most modifications are actually functional to some mechanical degree though, whether it be passive or active. So long as proper parts and materials are used and they are installed correctly per manufacturer spec, safety should not be an issue. Darkening a headlight lens is purely aesthetic and serves zero purpose, plus it also reduces its already limited capability. I'm also quite certain it's illegal to cover your headlights in any state with anything so long as it's dark and they are in use, though it's probably fine during the daytime. I really don't give a **** if people want to do it, because it gives me something to point and laugh at. People are free to do whatever they want to their vehicle, and I'm free to make fun of them for it.

And if you're getting flashed by other drivers with your stock headlights, you didn't re-aim them after putting on a lift and larger tires. You've got at least 2" from the tires alone, plus whatever that kit netted you.
This is a pretty valid argument.

I don't even have the 'angry eyes' mod but I'm thinking about doing it temporarily to snap comparison shots to really see how great the difference is. I need new headlights anyway, one is cracked and holding water, so I can sacrifice them in the name of science.

WeezyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #109
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyBlue View Post

This is a pretty valid argument.

I don't even have the 'angry eyes' mod but I'm thinking about doing it temporarily to snap comparison shots to really see how great the difference is. I need new headlights anyway, one is cracked and holding water, so I can sacrifice them in the name of science.

Post up your results!
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 01:53 AM   #110
backwoodsrebel
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wowwww... I seriously cant believe the bickering going on here. This kinda makes me sick. Maybe we should open a new section called "Butt Hurt Corner" so you all have a legit place to hang out.

There's speaking your peace and then there's being an utter d*****bag and some of you need to check that.

Seriously who cares if someone else wants angry eyes on "their" jeep?!
backwoodsrebel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 05:47 AM   #111
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yet people like you keep coming in here *****ing about it instead of letting the thread die.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #112
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwoodsrebel View Post
Seriously who cares if someone else wants angry eyes on "their" jeep?!
Yeah and like, who cares if people want to cut off their catalytic converter, right? If you're going to do stupid **** to your vehicle, be prepared to get called out on it, especially when it violates many state (and possibly federal, since all safety equip falls under that) laws.

It seems like there's two types of Jeep owners: those that want to look cool but are hard to see because they've tinted their already craptacular headlights and those that want to blind the **** out of everyone on the road with their misaligned XTREME HID's or fog lights or whatever.

Unread 05-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #113
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah and like, who cares if people want to cut off their catalytic converter, right? If you're going to do stupid **** to your vehicle, be prepared to get called out on it, especially when it violates many state (and possibly federal, since all safety equip falls under that) laws.

It seems like there's two types of Jeep owners: those that want to look cool but are hard to see because they've tinted their already craptacular headlights and those that want to blind the **** out of everyone on the road with their misaligned XTREME HID's or fog lights or whatever.

Woah now, where do you and I fall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #114
PhilipJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I dunno, I'm hoping there's a middle crowd in there somewhere! I spent a good 20-30 minutes dialing in my H4's when I installed them; they cut off right below the top of the trunk on most cars so I think I'm good.

Unread 05-02-2013, 07:42 AM   #115
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I dunno, I'm hoping there's a middle crowd in there somewhere! I spent a good 20-30 minutes dialing in my H4's when I installed them; they cut off right below the top of the trunk on most cars so I think I'm good.
I think so. I'll be going the JW route with them aimed correctly and that excellent projector cutoff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #116
ssquier92
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin credible View Post
So you reduced the output of already poor headlights at night and installed taillights that are difficult to see during the day.

I'll keep an eye out for your future rear ended someone/got rear ended by someone thread.
Nice

All us crazy people with litedots and angry eyes.. Not the true jeepers we could be.. I mean look at the rest of my jeep, its probably no surprise I am an angry eye user.

For the record I am considering for a while ordering a retrofit kit from the retrofitsource so I can get some projectors in a clear lense.. Eliminate all the light output issues with doing this anyway. Plus would just be plain sexy..
2002 TJ 3.25" RC lift, 1.25 BL, MML, 33X12.50 Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar, adjustable front trac bar, cut stock bumper, poison hood louver, B&M short shifter, chromoly rear axle shafts in the d44 4.88s Grizzly locker, Aussie locker up front in d30,10,500lb winch w/ synthetic rope, antirock, jcr sliders, savvy arms

Work harder, thousands of people on welfare are counting on you.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html[/URL]
ssquier92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #117
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hell I have H4s and I don't even get flashed by other drivers, but I also re-aimed the lights after I did the swap.

That being said, angry eyes are among the stupidest of fads coming around for Jeeps lately. Also, if you're going to tint your signal markers and tail lights, that's fine, but do it the right way like I did and replace the bulbs with LEDs you can buy online. They're brighter and make up for the difference of being tinted easily.
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #118
woodyoakes

I need to do this to my xj. Along with a black grill.
woodyoakes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #119
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

No you don't

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #120
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyoakes View Post
I need to do this to my xj. Along with a black grill.
Please don't dim your candlesticks any further.
Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.