Angry Headlights - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > Angry Headlights

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 04-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #76
bgredjeep
1987 YJ Wrangler 

If you're going to give a vehicle eyes, at least go all out.

*edit*
and just in case you can't see it, those are eyelashes on the Fiat. IMO no better or worse than the "angry" headlights.

bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 07:54 PM   #77
ssquier92
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Call it what you want. It reduces light output obviously.

By the way lifting your jeep raises the center of gravity and makes it more susceptible to flipping it over, as does adding an antirock offroad swaybar. My ORO litedot tailights are not as visible during the day as some other tailight options either. All of these things make my jeep pretty damn unsafe so watch out if you are in the SW FL region.

Here's my other vehicles with unsafe light and suspension mods..

EDIT: 20% tint on windshield and 5% on the rest of the windows on the X.
2002 TJ 3.25" RC lift, 1.25 BL, MML, 33X12.50 Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar, adjustable front trac bar, cut stock bumper, poison hood louver, B&M short shifter, chromoly rear axle shafts in the d44 4.88s Grizzly locker, Aussie locker up front in d30,10,500lb winch w/ synthetic rope, antirock, jcr sliders, savvy arms

Work harder, thousands of people on welfare are counting on you.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html[/URL]
ssquier92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 08:04 PM   #78
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssquier92 View Post

Call it what you want. It reduces light output obviously.

By the way lifting your jeep raises the center of gravity and makes it more susceptible to flipping it over, as does adding an antirock offroad swaybar. My ORO litedot tailights are not as visible during the day as some other tailight options either. All of these things make my jeep pretty damn unsafe so watch out if you are in the SW FL region.

Here's my other vehicles with unsafe light and suspension mods..

EDIT: 20% tint on windshield and 5% on the rest of the windows on the X.
You lift your Jeep to put bigger wider tires on so lifting your Jeep does raised the Center of gravity but That's Why you put on wider tires nice try though.
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #79
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Litedots have plenty of output. And an antirock is prefectly safe on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #80
WSS
Ps:91

1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses21 View Post
You lift your Jeep to put bigger wider tires on so lifting your Jeep does raised the Center of gravity but That's Why you put on wider tires nice try though.
So if I "angry eye" my Jeep, brighter lights will not work like wider tires?

Humm.....

The OP was not asking for opinions, here is what he asked:

"Has anybody ever seen the angry eyebrow headlights? How do you do it? Is there a kit or something that I can buy? I've never seen it up close to tell how people do it but I think it looks tough"

Whatever, wether I like or not. I am with the guy who's daughters likes Dora and Cars. If my kid likes It, great! This is my rendition:
photo495.jpg   photo493.jpg  

Our Yellow 72 CJ5 build thread

Yellow Jeep club member #73802
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #81
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSS View Post

So if I "angry eye" my Jeep, brighter lights will not work like wider tires?

Humm.....

The OP was not asking for opinions, here is what he asked:

"Has anybody ever seen the angry eyebrow headlights? How do you do it? Is there a kit or something that I can buy? I've never seen it up close to tell how people do it but I think it looks tough"

Whatever, wether I like or not. I am with the guy who's daughters likes Dora and Cars. If my kid likes It, great! This is my rendition:
Yep if you wanna waste your money on upgrading your headlights so you can follow a stupid fad that will die out in a couple of years.
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #82
WSS
Ps:91

1972 CJ5 

Quote:
Yep if you wanna waste your money on upgrading your headlights so you can follow a stupid fad that will die out in a couple of years.

Mine are stock, maybe you are reffering to someone else?

WSS

Our Yellow 72 CJ5 build thread

Yellow Jeep club member #73802
WSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #83
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSS View Post

Mine are stock, maybe you are reffering to someone else?

WSS
Well you said if you upgrade your lights it would even out. If you wanna spend all that money to have the same light output as a stock xj just so your Jeep "can look angry" then go for it.
Unread 04-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #84
ssquier92
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well you said if you upgrade your lights it would even out. If you wanna spend all that money to have the same light output as a stock xj just so your Jeep "can look angry" then go for it.
Lol. You guys crack me up. So willing to get upset and bash some guys because of something they think visually enhances their jeeps. It's no different than painting something else on the jeep except it's on the headlights. I've had mine done for two years and don't plan on going back to stock lights ever.

So a tire that is 3 inches wider "evens" out lifting a vehicle? What is the ratio for this? 1":1"?

Antirock is safe on the road, I never said it wasn't.. But it does allow for more body roll, it even says it does on the damn website. Which if my calculations are correct, and I believe them to be, more body roll = more potential for a rollover on the interstate. They work great offroad but you cannot say they are just as safe as a stock sway bar. Doesn't bother me anymore than the headlights do though.

My litedots also are fine at night, but during the day I have gotten multiple comments that they are hard to see. My stock lights were more visible, and the savvy and other flushmount LED's are certainly brighter.. Once again I got these lights based purely off aesthetics to go along with the other black accents on my jeep.

To the OP sorry for messing up the thread more, but everyone is always quick to ***** about this or "worrying about looks" when there are plenty of other things that make the jeeps unsafe or are done only for looks.

I just used some krylon on the headlights and masked them off when I did mine. Yes the light output is reduced.

The goal for my jeep is for it to look as good as I think it can while also making it extremely capable. So far I am happy with it and will not change anything. Love my angry eyes!!
2002 TJ 3.25" RC lift, 1.25 BL, MML, 33X12.50 Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar, adjustable front trac bar, cut stock bumper, poison hood louver, B&M short shifter, chromoly rear axle shafts in the d44 4.88s Grizzly locker, Aussie locker up front in d30,10,500lb winch w/ synthetic rope, antirock, jcr sliders, savvy arms

Work harder, thousands of people on welfare are counting on you.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/ssquier92s-02-tj-build-thread-1142141/index4.html[/URL]
ssquier92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #85
darren2569
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I just did mine a couple weeks ago. Add me to the "Stupid 17 year old" category (although I'm 35) plus my kids really like it. I used plastidip and did about the same area as SSquier92. I have stock lights and do not notice any significant effect on light output. Angry eyes will however make your lights a lot less bright than those d-bags with the fancy blue bulbs that like to blind everyone coming the other way at night. Honestly, if you cant see to drive safely at night with stock lights - you shouldn't be on the road in the first place.
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:06 AM   #86
Eron
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Reading through this thread. Im starting to realize that a lot of us Jeep owners are in fact ****** bags! Looking down on others simply because of their headlights. What kind " elitists " do you think you are. LMAO...i love all Jeeps, nice, rusted, lifted, stock. It makes no matter. Yet some of you look down your nose and think other are idiots for something so trivial. Amazing to me. So while you are driving down the road thinking somebody is a idiot for their headlight, tires, roll bar, bumper. Take the time to stfu. Then you can get all butt sore the next a JK doesn't wave at you too huh? Grow up kids and adults alike.

To be clear i will not be doing this because i do agree with you guys on the safety.
Eron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #87
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eron View Post
Reading through this thread. Im starting to realize that a lot of us Jeep owners are in fact ****** bags! Looking down on others simply because of their headlights. What kind " elitists " do you think you are. LMAO...i love all Jeeps, nice, rusted, lifted, stock. It makes no matter. Yet some of you look down your nose and think other are idiots for something so trivial. Amazing to me. So while you are driving down the road thinking somebody is a idiot for their headlight, tires, roll bar, bumper. Take the time to stfu. Then you can get all butt sore the next a JK doesn't wave at you too huh? Grow up kids and adults alike.

To be clear i will not be doing this because i do agree with you guys on the safety.
Yep I judge other people's cars all the time. People with those bright led lights, hate them they all blind you and Think your cool. Giant deasels that feel the need to roll coal at every light are ********. Don't like my opinion,to bad this is America I can say What I want.
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #88
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yep I judge other people's cars all the time. People with those bright led lights, hate them they all blind you and Think your cool. Giant deasels that feel the need to roll coal at every light are ********. Don't like my opinion,to bad this is America I can say What I want.
Those aren't LED. Theyre HID.

Quote:
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #89
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eron

Just because we think what we want and express it, doesn't make us ****** bags. If people do something stupid, I'm going to call them an idiot. Angry eyes are right up there with spoilers on FWD cars and fart cannons. It's pointless and moronic. But to each his own, some people think lifted jeeps are stupid. But they're idiots as well.

I think we can all let this thread die now.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #90
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eron View Post

At least you got one thing right, by including yourself.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.