Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Angry Headlights

28K views 133 replies 47 participants last post by  WeezyBlue 
#1 ·
Has anybody ever seen the angry eyebrow headlights? How do you do it? Is there a kit or something that I can buy? I've never seen it up close to tell how people do it but I think it looks tough.

#13 ·
I was thumbing through the newest quadratec catalogue last night when my girl friend happened to point out that quadratec sells a replacement bezel with an extension to make the angry eyes....

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#27 ·
EDIT: heres the link but its for the JK. http://www.quadratec.com/products/15009_5010.htm

IMO angry eyes look slick with flat fenders and you don't need to cover half the head light to get the look. I have friends who have it on a tj an xj and a yj. The light isn't reduced all that much because it doesn't cover half if the light. It's his rig he can do what ever he desires because I know we all do

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#29 ·
Ok, if you HAVE to have the style use automotive clear coat tinted with a little black dye, remove headlights, mask of, & paint them. At least this way you won't destroy your light output but still have angry eyes when they're off. It's a more durable finish shouldn't fade much or yellow & can be touched up if it does with an airbrush.

#33 ·
Any thing obscuring your headlight here is a primary stop for the man. How do I know...
I find obscure laws in the motor vehicle code book that are not enforced and point them out to my buddies in law enforcement. Suspension lowered too far? Exhaust louder than stock? Visible smoke emissions? Crap hanging off of you mirror?
Yup they will use that to pull you over and ticket you.

You're welcome.

#41 ·
he did, and this is how you determine that you do lose output.

control - stock headlamp
lamp 1 - has angry eyes using "lense tint" covering say 40% of lense
lamp 2 - has "lense tint" completely covering lense

I had decided it was time to change my headlamps and figure, "might as well do angry eyes for the last week or so just to say i did it and check it out. Well the time came and it looked pretty cool yeah. (THAT WAS LAMP 1 AND I DID NOT NOTICE THAT MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE IF ANY, LIKE HE STATED) However i wanted to see if there was a great vision depletion so right before i swapped them with the new head lamps i sprayed the whole lense with the tint and it wouldn't light up the garage when i was parked in it. (LAMP 2)

It's also common sense, i knew i was going to have those results but i did the experiment anyway.

Simple rule, if you cover a light with anything thats not clear, it will deplete the amount of light coming out. even colored lenses don't put out as much light and they would normaly.

#49 ·
What about when it's raining? Most states that I know of require your headlights to be on if your wipers are on as well.

The whole fad is stupid and I hope it dies as quickly as it has spread. All that comes to mind when I see it is "Wow, what a tool. I bet he thinks he looks like some sort of bad-***."

#52 ·
I'll add one more vote to the "it looks stupid and cuts light output" vote.

Don't forget your neon under glow kit (I here pink's the hot new color) and chrome spinners.

Or just go all out and spray paint your entire headlight black. Chicks dig the sleepy eye look.

#55 ·
Too bad you got around the language filter in you Meme...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.