added simple, new mod - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > added simple, new mod

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-25-2004, 03:50 PM   #1
DaMoose
1946 CJ2A 

added simple, new mod

well, today I got bored after rebuilding the rear-end of my Jeep with my father and decided to relocate my antenna. Since I got my snorkel, the antenna had to move. I just didnt likewhere it was. So, I drilled a 7/8" hole and moved it to the rear above the fender. Here is what it looks like now.

What do you all think of it? I figure once I get my firestik antenna for my CB, it will go on the opposite side.

Unread 09-25-2004, 03:57 PM   #2
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

Nice...

Isn't there a restriction in the Snorkel where there was clearance for the antenna before? Are you going to cut that out and fill it in smooth or just not worry about it?
Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2004, 04:03 PM   #3
BillArf

Nice looking ride!! Antenna looks at home there. Oh, about your pics here and elsewhere you might display them on the internet ---> do not show your license plate number as you are asking for trouble by doing so. As for the POW-MIA flags...... as a Vietnam era disabled vet that has friends missing, I prefer to see POW-MIA flags flown properly....
I'm in the Poughkeepsie area..... I ride my Harley up in your area often.
Gettin chilly up there these days.. 8-)
BillArf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-25-2004, 05:09 PM   #4
DaMoose
1946 CJ2A 

the snorkel has the vent hoses going up where the antenna was before. It fits pretty good. As for the flags on the back, I have the one which is a pirate flag from St. Thomas which I was given and another which is the POW-MIA flag. That is the only spot on the jeep that I could put them. If you have any ideas, please let me know. I have a lot of respect for veterans and the active duty men and women, so sorry if it was offensive. Yeah, it is getting chilly as heck up here. cn't do much nite riding without a top now The view is getting good though. Any places to go wheeling legally down by you?

also, what is the big who-do with the plate showing? like, why is it so bad? I guess I am just ignorant to what could happen.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.