99 tj shifter mods? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > 99 tj shifter mods?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 04-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
Rockytopguy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

99 tj shifter mods?

Hey im looking to change the look of my shifter and console area. I have the tuffy lock box as well. any ideers?

Rockytopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
c24curtis
1980 CJ5 

Well for my senior project class I built a little rig designed from the first one (it's on a YJ). Mine is the black one, on a CJ-5. Done under $200, which I like just need to buy a boot for the shifter and 4WD stick, and new gauges, and I'll be set. Just be creative. Good luck, keep us updated. Plus I'll eventually finish painting it.
yj.jpg   cj-1.jpg   cj-2.jpg  
c24curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
Spud100
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm not sure what you have in mind. Mine is a manual. I changed my actual shifter to a B&M short-throw. Wow what a difference. Shifts like a sports car and not like a tank. Kind of expensive though, about $275 new. Easy to find for the tranny of the 6 cylinder. They've been discontinued for 4 banger tranny.
Spud100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
Rockytopguy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Manual here too. Was thinking about doing the same as what u did. Thanks for the input.
Rockytopguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.