92 wrangler ac drop? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > 92 wrangler ac drop?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
offthestreet
1992 YJ Wrangler 

92 wrangler ac drop?

I am doing a heater core on my 92 wrangler. I have under dash a/c and I am stuck on how to drop it out the way to get the heater core out. Is there anyway I can just unbolt it and slid it out the way without disconnecting any of the a/c lines? Thanks Brandon.

offthestreet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
TDIJeep

The common way as far as i know if to have the refrigerant evacuated of the system first. I do not suggest continuing working on a charged system while under the dash unless you have instructions they you feel very sure of. Because one it is a large fine to knowingly release refrigerant into the atmosphere, and two refrgerant like to raise and wents poorly, if your laying under the dash and the refrigerant starts to leak it will collect and be trapped in the the high points of the dash, the car, and the garge roof.

Any good A/C shop should be able to evacuate the refrigerant and disable the compressor while you R&R the heater core. Then refill it with fresh refrigerant and oil.
TDIJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
damessor92
2000 WJ 

yes get it evacuated and if your working on it moving anything around to do with the a/c do not wear leather gloves wear a cotton or latex glovede
damessor92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
ROWA

1994 YJ Wrangler 

The AC unit is held on by 4 bolts. You don't need to evacuate the system, just remove the four bolts from the bottom of the dashpanel and slide it off the latch next to the steering column. This should give you enough access to remove the heater core, it is still a pain.

The best Engineering is no match against natural Stupidity.
ROWA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
Stinkbug

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by damessor92 View Post
yes get it evacuated and if your working on it moving anything around to do with the a/c do not wear leather gloves wear a cotton or latex glovede
Just curious....Why no leather gloves?
Stinkbug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.