$45 DIY headiner (on cherokee but can be applied for any vehicle) - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > $45 DIY headiner (on cherokee but can be applied for any vehicle)

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-13-2013, 04:45 PM   #46
Motorcharge
I know more than you.

1991 MJ Comanche 

As long as it's in good shape, sure. Trying to get it to line up just right might suck though. Might as well replace it, fabric is cheap. I did one in black denim a while back, cost me $30 or so and I had a bunch leftover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #47
Jeepinid
1984 CJ7 

New sounds like the way to go. Thanks for the input. This is my sons first vehicle . The headliner has a couple hundred tacs holding it up. Looks like a disco ball.
Jeepinid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 03:56 PM   #48
Motorcharge
I know more than you.

1991 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepinid View Post
New sounds like the way to go. Thanks for the input. This is my sons first vehicle . The headliner has a couple hundred tacs holding it up. Looks like a disco ball.
Yeah, we had a Jimmy Blazer when I was a kid with the liner tacked up like that. It sucked, they'd always fall out and you'd always end up sitting on one.

Might check with a local upholstery shop, most will redo XJ liners for around $100 because they're so simple to remove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #49
MarlboroWrangle

i used 3m adhesive headliner spray, stuff is darn expensive, but mine has held up swimmingly
MarlboroWrangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 07:56 AM   #50
fayceoff
Ninja pirate

1999 WJ 

I know this is an older thread, but I plan on doing the headliner in my WJ this summer - I don't like the two tone thing, and Pep Boys has a roll of black carbon fiber patterned headliner material for $65. I've done it before (grey camo material in my 240SX hatch years ago) but I didn't know how to do the visors. Great writeup!

"Be polite... Be professional... But have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Engine compartment LED mod http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...te-up-2260105/
fayceoff is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2014, 07:47 AM   #51
Leyva_WJawd
1999 WJ 

Looks real good. I might just tackle this one a bit down the line. My headliner is actually holding up great, but I do have quite a few cigerette holes from a previous owner. (Damn smokers. lol.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.