17mm alan key - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > 17mm alan key

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 10-04-2004, 03:41 PM   #1
bockwho

17mm alan key

I decided it was well past time to change my lube in the TJ with a standard trans. unable to locate a 17mm alan key at 3 differnt auto parts stores

I was able to find a 17 mm bolt and two nuts actually the bolt was off a old set of stock fog light mounts off my MJ and two nuts. Get you buddy with a welder to zap the end a bit and you my friend have a 17mm hex key. suitable to remove the drain and fill plug on a standard trans.

[COLOR=darkslategray][FONT=book antiqua]My Life is Hard[/FONT] [/COLOR]
bockwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2004, 06:33 AM   #2
BamaJeeper

Nice!
You are one resourceful sum*****. just testing the censor nazi program
Unread 10-06-2004, 10:12 AM   #3
wyldejackyl

Welder? Just take two nuts and put them on a 17mm lug bolt (BMW/VW), and tighten them against each other. I've been doing this for years!

If you can't find two nuts, use a stud removal tool. It has teeth that'll dig into the side of the bolt.

Everyone needs a little ghetto!
55/100W H4 Hella headlamp conversion w/ dual relays
wyldejackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2004, 02:48 PM   #4
bockwho

i tried the two nuts ..but these have never been removed so i needed a little more toruq on them.. stud puller .. i have a few of those laying around not sure if every one else dose .. but that is a very excelent idea. of course once you break it loose for the first time the two nuts should work
kb

[COLOR=darkslategray][FONT=book antiqua]My Life is Hard[/FONT] [/COLOR]
bockwho is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.