$11 Bed Lined TJ Grill - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > $11 Bed Lined TJ Grill

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 10-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #16
imfromtexas
1999 TJ Wrangler 

That looks awesome, I really like how all of the black looks together, the grill, the fenders, the rocker and even the back quarter panels, one question, what kind of rockerguards do u have on your jeep? Thankyou

imfromtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2012, 09:33 AM   #17
jLowrey83
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfromtexas View Post
That looks awesome, I really like how all of the black looks together, the grill, the fenders, the rocker and even the back quarter panels, one question, what kind of rockerguards do u have on your jeep? Thankyou
Thank ya much. They're TrailGear rocker guards, and Rugged Ridge corner armor. The rockers are a matte finish, and the corners are gloss. I'm thinking about bedlining all of them to match not only themselves, but the grill/fenders. That would look nice...

Oh, and she's for sale!!!
Unread 10-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #18
tulman22
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Nice rig and nice write up. Thinking about this myself.
BTW - got myself a set of TG rocksliders also but not in yet. Can't decide if I want to put the gasket between them and the body. Did you use a gasket or not? What would you recommend?
Thanks
Unread 10-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #19
jLowrey83
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulman22 View Post
Nice rig and nice write up. Thinking about this myself.
BTW - got myself a set of TG rocksliders also but not in yet. Can't decide if I want to put the gasket between them and the body. Did you use a gasket or not? What would you recommend?
Thanks
Thank you much. Definitely, you don't want metal on paint. Mine actually have a few layers of spray on bedliner between the guards and the tub. Same goes for the corner armor as well.
Unread 10-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #20
mrv
2010 JK Wrangler 

Nice:-)
mrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #21
capri_auto

That 2-tone look looks sharp, nice work.
capri_auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #22
jLowrey83
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you guys. Bad news, a buyer is coming to pick it up Thursday afternoon. Good news, I'm gonna pay off a substantial amount of debt. I'm gonna miss it. Kinda glad he's taking it outta state, that way I don't have to see it rolling around town. From what I understand it'll have a nice new home in the mountains of West Virginia. Well suited if ya ask me.
Unread 10-18-2012, 09:40 AM   #23
SandhillsJeeper
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great man. I love the front grill
SandhillsJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #24
deezee280

Thanks for the idea, it worked out great for me.

Just a note, the oreillys stuff you suggested is the shiznit!! I ran out of the can I had and decided to use the rustoleum bedliner I had on hand and it was nowhere near as thick and awesome as the oreillys. Needles to say, I ground off the rustoleum when she dried, and went with the good stuff.

Thanks again for the tip,

Dave Zee
image-766578515.jpg  
deezee280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #25
Decimals

Clean and awesome bro
Decimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #26
Decimals

Do you think this would work well as a lining for inside the jeep ... Thinking of ripping the carpet out putting some drain plugs in and spraying?
Decimals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #27
deezee280

I've seen quite a few tubs with the bedliner treatment on the inside. Make sure you wear a mask when you're spraying that stuff, it's pretty rough.
deezee280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #28
jLowrey83
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decimals View Post
Do you think this would work well as a lining for inside the jeep ... Thinking of ripping the carpet out putting some drain plugs in and spraying?
Yes. I had the carpet ripped out in mine, bed lined entirely. It was great, I'd clean it with a bucket and a scrub brush. And yes, WEAR A MASK.

Really glad this is helping everyone so much. Thanks again for the compliments.
Unread 10-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #29
Cards81fan
2005 KJ Liberty 

Couple of things:

1) I have used brush/roll in liner in the past, and that duplicolor spray looks MUCH better than the texture I got. It looks really good.

2) Your masking paid off - the lines looks very good and very clean. Well done!

3) I like the clover. I had been thinking of a way to get some Ink with my kids' names in it, and yours just greatly inspired me.
Unread 10-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #30
jLowrey83
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards81fan View Post
Couple of things:

1) I have used brush/roll in liner in the past, and that duplicolor spray looks MUCH better than the texture I got. It looks really good.

2) Your masking paid off - the lines looks very good and very clean. Well done!

3) I like the clover. I had been thinking of a way to get some Ink with my kids' names in it, and yours just greatly inspired me.
Thank you much. When I was masking the first time around, I caught myself rushing. So I ripped it all off & started again. Be sure to line behind the grill, too. That takes a little finger work(that's what she said). I used the entire can on the grill alone. I figured it couldn't be "too thick", but it could definitely be too thin.

Thanks! My brother and I got these Thanksgiving day back about 10 years ago. Same tattoo, same spot. It actually came off of a Flogging Molly album cover. Needles to say we forewent the "FLOGGING MOLLY" text. Glad it inspired you!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.