04 WJ fornt drive shaft help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Cheap Tricks & Fixes > 04 WJ fornt drive shaft help

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #1
nick0484
2004 WJ 

04 WJ fornt drive shaft help

I have in 04 Jeep grand Cherokee with the selc trac I am having a problem with my front driveshaft I think.. I am feeling a lot of play in the front driveshaft it has the you joints in the front and CV connecting to the transfer case. Today it started making a lot of noises going to click click click click click... However most of this happens when I am in 2WD rear WD when I turn it on 4wheel high The clicking goes away for the most part and I mainly hear the clicking mostly hard when hitting the brakes and 2WD when in 4 Wheel high the clicking is mainly quiet when Excelerating.
I am hoping someone can help me with this and diagnosing whether or not it is my front driveshaft...
Also I am wondering if it is better and if they make a kit to replace the CV on the backside of the driveshaft connecting to the transfer case I would like to change it over to a U-joint if possible.
I used to have a 95 is ZJ and I believe it had u-joints on the front and the back of the front driveshaft.....
Any help or suggestions would be helpful thank you!!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.