WJ Tube Doors Now Available! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > WJ Tube Doors Now Available!

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 04-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #31
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

can you ship these out unwelded? i really like them but im a cheap bastard

Unread 04-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #32
QuadraTokn
1930 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedliljeep View Post
Are the WJ door tubes still available?
Yes. Please PM us and we'll get you a shipping quote and build times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcasler View Post
Do you guys have any plans on making a tube hatch replacement as well? Something with a tire carrier possibly?
A tube hatch would be nice, but the research we've done tells us that the hatch plays a role in the uni-body's integrity. We don't want to be messing with that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster51 View Post
Good question, for ZJ as well. But without said tire carrier, that's ridiculous.
What about a tire carrier on the bumper?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDWJ View Post
can you ship these out unwelded? i really like them but im a cheap bastard
The welding is the easy part. Would you want to buy just the bent tubes and the rest of the pieces and do all the trimming, welding, and notching yourself?
QuadraTokn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #33
richard_stryker
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I don't like the idea of the tube clamp for mirrors. I want to get these doors for my fiances jeep. Would you be able to make a mount so i can use Harley mirrors like i do on my LJ?
richard_stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 07:05 PM   #34
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadraTokn View Post
The welding is the easy part. Would you want to buy just the bent tubes and the rest of the pieces and do all the trimming, welding, and notching yourself?
yes that will work for me i have a notcher and can do the trimming and welding.
Unread 04-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #35
QuadraTokn
1930 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_stryker View Post
I don't like the idea of the tube clamp for mirrors. I want to get these doors for my fiances jeep. Would you be able to make a mount so i can use Harley mirrors like i do on my LJ?
Sure! After you purchase the doors I will get the measurements and the necessary metal, no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDWJ View Post
yes that will work for me i have a notcher and can do the trimming and welding.
Send us a PM and we will figure out a price.
Unread 04-19-2013, 01:03 AM   #36
Russell84
2003 WJ 

Any chance these doors could use the factory hinges and just slide in like the YJ/TJ/JK doors? I'd be fine with drilling out my hinges for a slide in version for easy swapping. Or even aftermarket hinges that can be used for both factory and tube doors.

2003 WJ Overland 4.7 HO, Clayton Long Arms, Teraflex 4.5" coils, JKS adj trackbar, JKS Quicker Discos, 17x9 Eagle Alloy Series 185, 285/70/17 BFG KM2, cut fenders/bumpers
Russell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #37
QuadraTokn
1930 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell84
Any chance these doors could use the factory hinges and just slide in like the YJ/TJ/JK doors? I'd be fine with drilling out my hinges for a slide in version for easy swapping. Or even aftermarket hinges that can be used for both factory and tube doors.
I would love to but there's not enough interest at this time. I designed a hinge but I would need to redesign the doors. I'm not aware of anything aftermarket that would work.

Sent from my phone using JeepForum
Unread 04-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #38
Russell84
2003 WJ 

That's a bummer. I can only do tube doors if I can swap them out 1)by myself and 2)in less than 15 minutes.

2003 WJ Overland 4.7 HO, Clayton Long Arms, Teraflex 4.5" coils, JKS adj trackbar, JKS Quicker Discos, 17x9 Eagle Alloy Series 185, 285/70/17 BFG KM2, cut fenders/bumpers
Unread 04-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #39
QuadraTokn
1930 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell84
That's a bummer. I can only do tube doors if I can swap them out 1)by myself and 2)in less than 15 minutes.
Well you're in luck because it takes about 10 mins per pair, after the initial install. It takes me less than that because I don't have door checks and I use half of the bolts/nuts.

Sent from my phone using JeepForum
Unread 04-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #40
Russell84
2003 WJ 

How do you take the factory doors off by yourself? Need someone to hold them up while you unbolt the hinges, don't you? And the door wiring harness is kind of a PITA to disconnect with it behind that rubber boot. I'm not doubting you, just curious. I've never actually pulled my doors off. Can you not just drill the factory hinge pins out and use quick release pins in their place? Then just get another set of factory hinges from a junkyard to use on the tube doors?

Unread 04-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #41
QuadraTokn
1930 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell84 View Post
How do you take the factory doors off by yourself? Need someone to hold them up while you unbolt the hinges, don't you? And the door wiring harness is kind of a PITA to disconnect with it behind that rubber boot. I'm not doubting you, just curious. I've never actually pulled my doors off. Can you not just drill the factory hinge pins out and use quick release pins in their place? Then just get another set of factory hinges from a junkyard to use on the tube doors?
It's much easier with a second person. By yourself, simply unbolt everything except for the top most bolt, roll the window down, then hold the door in place with one hand while you remove the last bolt with your second hand (it's not heavy since the studs are holding the door up within the hinges). Then use both hands and remove the door by pulling the studs out and away from the hinges.

As far as the wiring, this is taken from our installation instructions: "Pinch the top & bottom of the rubber boot at the door and pull the connector out of the door. Slide the red pin on the connector over, squeeze the release tab, and pull the connector apart." Send us your email and we will send you a copy.

Your idea for the hinges could be implemented, but we went with a design that doesn't require any additional work for the customer. Plus, the added cost would make the doors too expensive.
Unread 04-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #42
mrJ
2002 KJ Liberty 

sample
beast.jpg  

It's a Jeep, it's not supposed to work right all the time.

Live in Florida? Check out Florida4x4.org!!!
mrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #43
Russell84
2003 WJ 

Could the doors be ordered without the angle iron or hinges so I could fab up my own hinge system? I want to modify both the factory doors/hinges and the tube door hinges so that they can slide into the hinges like Wrangler doors. How much would the doors run if I were to order them like that?

Unread 05-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #44
misfit4lo
1995 ZJ 

Beautiful! You guys make any bumpers?
misfit4lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #45
ayycharlay92
2001 WJ 

are these for permanent installation or am i still able to swap back and forth with my stock doors?
ayycharlay92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.