WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 01-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #1
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Our new, updated website is now live, and you can purchase directly from the site! Click on one of the links below for details:

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Update 8/17/14: Modular components including MiniMax recovery crosstubes in stock.

================================================== ==

WJ Modular Recovery Components

Bull Bar Relocation and Recovery Package Photo Gallery
MiniMax Recovery and Bull Bar Relocation Photo Gallery

Garage Sale

Big news (at least for us): There is a 100% Made-in-the-USA alternative to the cheap Chinese made "Hunter" bull bar that is compatible with our modular mounting system!

Westin brand 2.5" bull bars part numbers 33-1990 (chromed stainless) and 33-1995 (black powdercoated mild steel) will mount directly to our bull bar relocation brackets. The listed application is for WK Jeeps, but after much discussion with Westin's installation techs, the part numbers above *will* work with our WJ kit.

If you have our mounts or are considering a bull bar in conjunction with one of our recovery packages, PLEASE consider buying a Westin bull bar over the "Hunter" brand. Not only are they made in America, the Westin bar is thicker, built straight (a crapshoot with the Chinese made bars), able to mount most 5" lights, and comes with a 5 year (powdercoated) or lifetime (stainless) warranty -including the finish. The cost is roughly twice what the Hunter runs... but we think it's worth every penny!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Links of interest:

MiniMax/Warn comparison and FAQ thread

Installation Instructions

Click to order:
WJ Stand-Alone Shackle Tabs.
WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Kits.

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com

Last edited by Fawkes; 08-17-2014 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: Stock status update/link fixes
Fawkes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Looks like we'll beat expectations by a month.
Non-MiniMax packages should be shipping ~3/1/14.
There are currently no MiniMax orders outstanding, so those still have an 8 week lead time.

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 03-17-2014, 07:51 AM   #3
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

I have placed a new steel order for a larger run - to include MiniMax recovery units, and will update lead times on the website when I have a better idea of shipping dates (SWAG shipping dates are still included at the end of this post). It's worth it to note that our last run took a grand total of 17 days from steel order to shipping (beating the initial estimate by a month), but we were totally out of stock from that run by day 22. In other words:

Every unit of our last run of modular packages sold out in FIVE days, which was three weeks ahead of the initial shipping estimate.

I've explained it a couple times in a couple places, but I think it's worth repeating:

FawkesFab is a very small shop that does limited batches of product based on orders in-hand. No orders = no production, primarily because we just can't afford to have lots of product sitting on the shelf. If you are waiting for something specific we make to be in stock before placing an order, you may not have the opportunity before we're sold out (again, our last run was sold out in five days). We've recently beat the estimated lead times by 4-6 weeks. I can't guarantee that every batch will be that quick through the pipeline, but the point remains: If you want one of our products, the only way I can guarantee you'll get it in a timely manner is if you actually place an order.

As of today, March 17, our estimated shipping date for nonMiniMax modular packages is 4/21/14 MiniMax units are estimated to ship on or about 5/5/14.

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 04-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #4
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Modular shackle tabs and bull bar relocation brackets now in stock and shipping. Multiple backorders shipping out today, with MiniMax units going to the powdercoaters by the end of this week, or early next.

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 04-16-2014, 11:00 AM   #5
NOVAXJ

2002 WJ 

Just thought Id say that I got my shackle tabs, very quickly I might add. I havent had a chance to put them on the jeep yet but taking everything out of the box I can confidently say that I will never break them lol. They are super heavy duty and look awesome. I cant wait to get a chance to use them!

Edit: I should have put this on the actual shackle tab post, I got excited and didnt realize this was for the recovery packages
NOVAXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #6
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Hoping to have MiniMax receivers by this time next week (fingers crossed that the coater comes through).

We will have one MiniMax crosstube "second" with some cosmetic blemishes shortly thereafter. The unit will have had some red paint applied to highlight the welds (removed with thinner, and then touched up with matching black), and the receiver hitch itself will be slightly off-angle (one set of tacks pulled when we ran the first bead). This unit will be sold for $50 off (as an individual unit or as part of a package), despite the fact that it will be new, never mounted, and unused except for illustration purposes. Our full warranty will apply.

We will also have the comparative example to the unit above, a used Warn receiver (P/N 61768). This will be sold for $150 (edit: now at $170 with shipping included - pickup price would then be $135), as-is, with new grade 8 mounting hardware. As optional services, we can reinforce the few welds it does have (+$20) add shackle tabs (+$60) and/or sandblast and refinish (+$50) the unit to bring it closer to MiniMax specifications at a cost of ~$100 less.

Shoot us a message here on JeepForum if you are interested in either of the units above.

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 05-13-2014, 04:10 AM   #7
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

MiniMax units shipping today, and all sold out.

The rest of our modular products are in stock, and ready to ship.

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 06-06-2014, 06:12 AM   #8
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

As indicated above, our last run of MiniMax recovery receivers sold out a day before the run came back from the coaters. If you want one from the batch that will be shipping mid-July, the only way to guarantee that you get one is to order ahead of time.

Since these units are modular, you can order the mounts/relocation brackets (which are in-stock) separately, and add the MiniMax later if you wish.

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 06-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #9
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Down to three sets of modular mounts/shackle tabs/bull bar brackets. Unfortunately I'm out of mounting hardware, so anything ordered this week will ship next week after I pick up my hardware order.

I am leaving momentarily to pick up the now laser-cut steel for the next run of modular products, including the MiniMax.

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 06-21-2014, 07:38 AM   #10
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Modular products in stock and shipping.

We're shutting down from 6/27 to 7/7. Orders received 6/27 or later will be shipped on 7/8.

I hope to have MiniMax units ready to ship by 7/8

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 07-24-2014, 05:01 PM   #11
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Waiting on a run of Bull Bar Relocation brackets, otherwise all products in stock (two MiniMax units left from this last run).

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 08-17-2014, 08:37 AM   #12
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

All products back in stock as of 8/17. Let's see how quickly we sell out again!

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 08-17-2014, 01:05 PM   #13
litegod

What is the 2" receiver rated to what kind of WWL? it will take cargo carriers,bike carriers correct, or a winch mount with no issues?

sidenote, I am thinking that would be nice for parking a trailer in a tight spot.

I did not see anything , but do you also have rear shackle tabs for the WJ?

thank you, Greg

email litegod@telus.net
litegod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2014, 04:33 AM   #14
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Greg,

The MiniMax has a WLL of 14k#. The receiver itself is limited by the shear strength of your hitch pin. It is meant for a portable winch tray, but will work with bike carriers or for parking boats, etc.

I responded to your info request on the website. Make sure to check your spam folder.

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com
Unread 10-26-2014, 11:22 AM   #15
Fawkes
WJ recovery gear

2000 WJ 

Modular products except the MiniMax should be going to the coaters at the beginning of next week (11/3). MiniMax recovery tubes to follow about a week later.

Click to order:

Kris Fox
kfox@fawkesmfg.com
www.fawkesfab.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.