WJ Grand Cherokee Bolt in Dana 60 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > WJ Grand Cherokee Bolt in Dana 60

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #16
scootz
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECGS View Post
WJ 60 AXLE is factory width or your desired width.

The Front is coming we are finishing up bracket kits and getting the brakes squared away. We should be able to release the front in 30-60 days and have fast lead times after that. Anyone ready to pull the trigger for the test dummy locally should contact us. Otherwise my wifes bone stock WJ is going to be way over built; she is already sporting the rear 60.

We are very excited about the front and we think WJ owners will be too when they see the price.
I am only a few hours away form you and would be more than willing to bring my WJ to you. Seriously I am contemplating doing the swap. You guys could keep it for a few days if need be. Let me know I am deff. interested

Unread 06-28-2011, 06:38 PM   #17
tmatt1431
2003 WJ 

^X2

Quote:

The Front is coming we are finishing up bracket kits and getting the brakes squared away. We should be able to release the front in 30-60 days and have fast lead times after that. Anyone ready to pull the trigger for the test dummy locally should contact us. Otherwise my wifes bone stock WJ is going to be way over built; she is already sporting the rear 60.

We are very excited about the front and we think WJ owners will be too when they see the price.
Im in Charlotte but I go to the Raleigh\Durham area farely often... Being the guinea pig would be awesome... I would also probably have to get on a very long payment plan looks awesome.
tmatt1431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #18
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Haha well my bad guys. Not many offroad WJs around here. Im curious to see the TJ 60 pricing.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #19
Mike Hamilton
2000 WJ 

Quote:

Any word on the front? My WJ is tired of being schizophrenic, commuter during the week and warrior on the weekends. As a result I'm buying a dedicated commuting vehicle which frees me up to build the WJ further.

Mike
2000 WJ Laredo 4.7L Quadradrive. LoneStar Incline bumper, XRC8000 winch, Powerslot rotors/HAWK pads, TeraFlex 4", Goodyear Wrangler MT/R LT235/85R16, KOR sliderz, KOR roof rack, JKS track bar with KOR bushing, KOR dual steering stabilizer kit, and Westin tail light guards.
Mike Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #20
guarnibl
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraKee99 View Post
Don't forget my comment, ECGS!

AndMountainMan864, who says you can't have both luxury and crawl? Guess I never got the memo.

guarnibl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 05:09 PM   #21
ECGS
Vendor

The TJ and WJ Front is about 90% complete, most of what's left is easy. Our main fabricator is on Vacation this week and when he gets back we are going to install the front 60 in our shop WJ. After install we can figure out trac bar length needed and be able to send complete steering kits with the axles.

The shop WJ is bone stock less the rear 60 it already sports. We are going to try to install the front 60 with out lifting it to be sure there are no clearance issues. I expect that some amount of lift is going to be needed but we are going to find out what the minimum lift is.

I expect by the end of the month they will be ready to ship as complete assemblies- Brakes, steering, trac bar, it may also require a larger master cylinder as this axle will have big boy brakes.

Thanks for all the interest. ECGS

Differential Sales & Service

Quality Gears, Lockers, Axle Shafts, and other drivetrain products at a fair Price
http://www.eastcoastgearsupply.com

919-672-2705
ECGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 05:21 PM   #22
Mike Hamilton
2000 WJ 

Quote:
We are going to try to install the front 60 with out lifting it to be sure there are no clearance issues. I expect that some amount of lift is going to be needed but we are going to find out what the minimum lift is.
What's a little lift between friends?!?!

I can't imagine stepping up to a D60 without at least 3 to 4 inches of lift. I'm planning on ditching my short arm 4" and going to a 6" Clayton long arm in conjunction with D60s.

Quote:
it may also require a larger master cylinder as this axle will have big boy brakes.
I'm assuming a master cylinder from a Dodge 1 ton truck or something similar wouldn't be too tough a swap.

This is sounding better and better.

Mike
2000 WJ Laredo 4.7L Quadradrive. LoneStar Incline bumper, XRC8000 winch, Powerslot rotors/HAWK pads, TeraFlex 4", Goodyear Wrangler MT/R LT235/85R16, KOR sliderz, KOR roof rack, JKS track bar with KOR bushing, KOR dual steering stabilizer kit, and Westin tail light guards.
Mike Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #23
JamesHasler
1994 YJ Wrangler 

How about a D60 front for a YJ?
JamesHasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 05:44 PM   #24
ECGS
Vendor

Yes my fabricator is mad at me for trying to install this with no lift b/c he agrees that everyone will be lifted. This is likely true but if we have no clearance issues with no lift then I know everyone who receives one will have plenty of room to work with.

The Install of the axles is obviously critical so we can provide tech support and work out all the details and solutions to what comes with a custom axle.

The purpose of this axle and all our axles is to be user friendly. IE there is a complete formula to the install. We can weld brackets on any axle that will go in a WJ TJ or whatever, however there is a lot more that goes into making one work correctly particularly Braking, steering, Ect. We will have the details worked out so there is no guessing and the final product should be exactly what you want.

As for the clayton kit, That is exactly what we will be putting on it after the axle is installed. The former grocery getter kid hauler will be in my opinion the ultimate expedition vehicle.

Quality Gears, Lockers, Axle Shafts, and other drivetrain products at a fair Price

919-672-2705
Unread 09-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #25
JamesHasler
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
We can weld brackets on any axle that will go in a WJ TJ or whatever, however there is a lot more that goes into making one work correctly particularly Braking, steering, Ect.
So, is that a yes for a bolt in YJ front 60? A YJ is a piece of cake if you have one done for a TJ...

James
JamesHasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2011, 06:24 PM   #26
Cnolenwj

2000 WJ 

Well, whats the word? We want an uppdate

Build thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...build-1195835/

North Texas Grands- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f348/...rands-1323367/

Grand Slam Texas- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...texas-1419143/

Grand Slam Texas Group- http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/groups...00000454207551
Cnolenwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #27
ECGS
Vendor

Well its definitely going to need to be lifted but the bracket kit is dialed in and ready to be welded on. We are waiting on our clayton long arm kit to come in and we will install both the 4 inch and 6 inch spring to check clearances.
Hopefully next week we will be driving it and we will be able to put the price tag on it full a full swap kit.

Here are some pics the oh so disappointing pic that you cant see anything, but this is the shop and the test vehicle
wj-60-axle-066.jpg  

919-672-2705
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #28
ECGS
Vendor

from pass side
wj-60-axle-064.jpg  

919-672-2705
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #29
ECGS
Vendor

From D-side Notice the low profile truss, it hugs the diff center and is also bolted to center section for additional support
wj-60-axle-068.jpg  

919-672-2705
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:26 PM   #30
ECGS
Vendor

That is all the dirty pics we will show, The axle will be removed and built while the clayton kit is being installed. Once it is complete..... pretty and painted well post up some more completed pictures. May not be the end of the month but very close to it.

919-672-2705

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.