*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension* - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > *VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

View Poll Results: VOTE NOW: Help Metalcloak Giveaway a Cherokee Suspension
Entry #1 0 0%
Entry #2 0 0%
Entry #3 0 0%
Entry #4 0 0%
Entry #5 0 0%
Entry #6 0 0%
Entry #7 0 0%
Entry #8 0 0%
Entry #9 0 0%
Entry #10 0 0%
Entry #11 0 0%
Entry #12 0 0%
Entry #13 0 0%
Entry #14 0 0%
Entry #15 0 0%
Entry #16 0 0%
Entry #17 0 0%
Entry #18 0 0%
Entry #19 0 0%
Entry #20 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 07-16-2014, 12:38 AM   #256
LoPhat

So if this contest was written as a fable, what would the moral be?
  • Cheaters always win.

Unread 07-16-2014, 05:40 AM   #257
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

I've read the contest rules a couple hundred times and I'm gonna say the moral of the story is that you'll never please everybody.

MetalCloak has gone above and beyond the call of duty here to do the right thing, even when it hurts. Not something I'll forget soon.
Before this contest I wasn't really familiar with the company, but I can tell you now that the next time I'm looking to make another investment in one of my jeeps, I know beyond any doubt who stands behind their name and will go to extremes to make things right no matter what happens.
That's huge in today's world and I'd like to extend a sincere thank-you to MC in behalf of our JF XJ community.

I'll leave a short story here from another of my real life heros and leave it up to you to see if you can decipher the full meaning behind it. If you just want a cliff note you can skip to 1:05. Carry on my friends!

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
ENTER your jeep in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest here!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 06:41 AM   #258
Altimeter
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
I've read the contest rules a couple hundred times and I'm gonna say the moral of the story is that you'll never please everybody.

MetalCloak has gone above and beyond the call of duty here to do the right thing, even when it hurts. Not something I'll forget soon.
Before this contest I wasn't really familiar with the company, but I can tell you now that the next time I'm looking to make another investment in one of my jeeps, I know beyond any doubt who stands behind their name and will go to extremes to make things right no matter what happens.
That's huge in today's world and I'd like to extend a sincere thank-you to MC in behalf of our JF XJ community.

I'll leave a short story here from another of my real life heros and leave it up to you to see if you can decipher the full meaning behind it. If you just want a cliff note you can skip to 1:05. Carry on my friends! Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEsPFqTQW8w
I agree....

Metal Cloak, I will buy your products as I can. You tripling the prize, even though the voting tallies were suspect, goes well above the initial investment. Thank you for the opportunity to win. Congrats to the winners!
Altimeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 07:21 AM   #259
RockRodHooligan
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

I'm disappointed in how it all turned out from the competitors side, a couple bad apples really screwed it up for the rest of us. I am not accusing anyone of cheating, what I am talking about is a lot of sore losers... Hell I'm just shy of 500 votes compared to first place, and I'm not complaining about not winning, yelling "CHEATERS!!!!", or *****ing because a guy who already has a lift on his is winning. Hell, I would think twice about giving away a free kit to half the people in this thread, just based on how childish people are acting. From a Manufacturer standpoint, I don't think I would want half the people that have posted in this thread representing my product, let alone give them a free one!

MetalCloak, giving away 3 kits.... Holly crap. Way to step it up! Thank you for the chance to win one of these great kits, and deciding to step into the XJ market, not a lot of premium companies are willing to cater directly to the red headed step children, but anyone that does has my respect. Imped/Connor is a very good friend of mine, and he has convinced me that I need to run Duroflex Joint control arms, maybe I can still run some of your stuff once I finally get ready to do my long arms, maybe this fall....

89 MJ: Project: Ground up - Sold
01 XJ: Project: Silverback - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Penis inches...
Good god man. Indyorv :rofl: d**k and fart jokes. :rofl:
RockRodHooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 08:04 AM   #260
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

This thread has had more than 20k views.
It'd be awesome if everyone would take to time to go to the first post in the thread and click the thumbsup icon in the lower right corner. Yeah I know it's a really tiny way of saying thanks, but it's better than nothing.

What I'd really like to see is a pictureful write-up or two or three posted in the XJ tech section of these kits being installed.

mc-thumbsup.jpg  

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
ENTER your jeep in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest here!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 08:05 AM   #261
AustinTexasXJ
I break Things

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post
First, let me apologize for the delay... I've been traveling the country on #CTItour2014 and for the last three days I've been driving, sleeping, driving, CTI-ing, driving, sleeping, etc. to keep schedule.

I finally got a chance to sit down and write this out for all of you...

So first, let me say, that we have been in continuous communication with the admins about this campaign (who spent countless hours of their own time monitoring and researching every avenue of this thread - THANK YOU!).

Without getting into all the details, which could take pages, here is what it comes down to...

I started this campaign, I wrote the parameters, and, basically, my parameters, at best, were lacking.

So, to make up for my lack of foresight, and to say Thank You for all the good will and great comradery we've seen over the last several weeks, we are doing something that is simply unprecedented.

The Winner Is...

Entry#1, Entry#4 AND Entry # 16

That's right, each of the top three have won a Metalcloak XJ Suspension Kit.

PM's are being sent to each.

Congratulations and Thank You again for being a part of the game.

Congrats everyone!!

Insta: @bmwalive
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
AustinTexasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 09:24 AM   #262
goalieme

Above and Beyond

To anyone still following this, I am not a competitor of this competition, but am a very happy Metalcloak customer.

I have ordered from MC 4 different times. The first had some inventory/materials issues on MC's end, but there was excellent communication and everything was as good as could be expected. With EVERY order I received a phone call. Not a pre-recorded message, but an actual phone call confirming the order and status of that order. Who does that anymore? Better yet I have had several questions outside of the normal install that have all been answered with well thought out and insightful answers. I cannot express to any of you whom have read through this to this point how great this company has been to me. I will be ordering more from them and recommend their products to everyone whom asks.

We will be doing an install party on Kermit and will send lots of pics to MC. Maybe we can slow down enough to snap some good install pics.

Matson, you and the boys are awesome. I will hopefully get to meet you when you stop in Stillwater, OK on the CTI Tour. Keep it up and THANK YOU for everything!
goalieme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 09:29 AM   #263
NateCam88
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
It'd be awesome if everyone would take to time to go to the first post in the thread and click the thumbsup icon in the lower right corner. Yeah I know it's a really tiny way of saying thanks, but it's better than nothing.

What I'd really like to see is a pictureful write-up or two or three posted in the XJ tech section of these kits being installed.

Good call, thumbs up given. And I was not a contestant. But I know one of the winners and I will hassle him and bust his balls until he posts a solid review of the product on j.f.
Unread 07-16-2014, 09:37 AM   #264
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thumbs up given, to Metal Cloak.

I have Overlines on my TJ, and love them. I also received great customer service from them when I was mistakenly sent Arched fenders at first.

To see Metal Cloak give away three lifts, with all the complaining, finger pointing, and suspect voting going on, I say Kudos to them.

I'd suggest future contest be something like...post in the thread one time, all entries placed in a box and the name drawn....like JF used to do, when it gave away stuff. No cheating, finger pointing. You could even set a "you must have been a jeep forum member prior to this thread date rule".

Anyway....congrats to the "winners".

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #265
Altimeter
1997 XJ Cherokee 

After looking at the Metal Cloak website one more time....I may be able to swing this lift (after about a year of saving from my second job). I didn't realize the shocks cost as much as they did and did not see the lift sans shocks beforehand.
Altimeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 03:45 PM   #266
Eclipsesiny

Quote:

Just gave a thumbs up but don't know that I'll be sticking around. Harsh community. kudos to Metal Cloak for a unprecedented solution but I expected nothing less than amazing from the guys at Metal Cloak. I've been running the Game Changer ARB for 7 months and the XJ guys are some lucky sons of a guns.
Eclipsesiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 05:16 PM   #267
97xjproject
1997 XJ Cherokee 

At eclipse, this thread is not indicitive of how the forum is. Unfortunately this thread brought out the worst in people. The forum is a very good communuity and hope that you give it another chance. The guys from metal cloak and the forum really went above what was needed. It goes to show how important the customer base is to them. Their customer service is miles ahead of every body else I have ever dealt with. I have not recieved the product yet and i am already a lifetime customer now
97xjproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2014, 11:09 PM   #268
MGrobe
Man In Black

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Personally, I'm very pleased that MetalCloak was overly generous and anointed three winners! Thanks for stepping up to the plate!
- JeepForum Rules - Become a Premium Member or Vendor
For Sale: (4) AR 767-5766 Wheels (used) 15x7, 5x4.5, 4.5BS - for local pickup in the Chicago-area
MGrobe is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.