*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension* - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > *VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

View Poll Results: VOTE NOW: Help Metalcloak Giveaway a Cherokee Suspension
Entry #1 0 0%
Entry #2 0 0%
Entry #3 0 0%
Entry #4 0 0%
Entry #5 0 0%
Entry #6 0 0%
Entry #7 0 0%
Entry #8 0 0%
Entry #9 0 0%
Entry #10 0 0%
Entry #11 0 0%
Entry #12 0 0%
Entry #13 0 0%
Entry #14 0 0%
Entry #15 0 0%
Entry #16 0 0%
Entry #17 0 0%
Entry #18 0 0%
Entry #19 0 0%
Entry #20 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 06-30-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
Metalcloak
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2006 TJ Wrangler 

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

This is it... time to vote for your favorite Jeep Cherokee XJ and help that user win a Metalcloak 3.5" Duroflex Susension, ARB Edition!

How it works: Each of the users below submitted their Cherokee and basic information on the http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f261/...cloak-2492281/ thread.

We asked each one to provide the following:
  • Your Name:
  • Year of Jeep:
  • Current Lift On Jeep:
  • Your Favorite Place to Wheel:
  • What you would do if you won this kit:

And no more then two pictures.

All chosen entries have been copied here verbatim, though font and style may have not been copied over.

After entries closed on July 27, we formed a blue ribbon committee (2 guys who actually own(ed) Cherokees) to carefully choose the top 20 for your vote.

The voting will end Friday, July 11. The one with the most votes wins.

There is one primary rule for this thread: Play nice. Any posts that are less the cordial will be deleted. Gamesmanship is allowed, but be nice about it.

Game On... have fun and may the one who actively drums up the most votes win.

Metalcloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2014, 04:45 PM   #2
Metalcloak
Vendor

2006 TJ Wrangler 

ENTRY #1

Gregg M Bedore
2001 jeep cherokee
3" Rough Country lift
Rausch Creek Off-Road Park , PA

I would spend a whole month testing out this amazing set-up at rausch creek and see how bad this bad boy lift is - The show off to the wrangler ppl that an xj is more then capable doing anything they can do to shut them up =) . Then on my way home hit every place I see or know to keep wheeling .

----------------------

ENTRY #2

Jimmy
1990 XJ
Not lifted.. Yet, soon to be hopefully. Have parts starting to pile up in the garage for it!
Calico, Rubicon, Big Bear.. Or anywhere with rocks
I would jump for joy, install lift and then jump the jeep for joy! Then park it next to the wrangler and crawler. Oh and take plenty of pictures

Unread 06-30-2014, 04:46 PM   #3
Metalcloak
Vendor

2006 TJ Wrangler 

ENTRY #3

ENTRY THREE HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE CONTEST.
THE OWNER SOLD THE JEEP. IT WAS SPOTTED ON CRAIGSLIST LAST WEEK,
BUT ONLY TODAY (7/8/14) DID WE GET THE CONFIRMATION.

-----------------------

ENTRY #4

Steven Glanzer
1997 Sport
Budget Boost
Frederick lake, Lake Ellsworth
If i won this kit, i would install it as quickly as possible and head to big red off-road park and play on Articulation hill for the first time. Then i would go on a cruise night with family and show them that it can play and ride all at the same time, very important since it is my daily Driver. After that I would go wheel the heck out of it again and just enjoy my newly acquired sweetness. Hopefully this will allow me to fit bigger tires and prevent getting buried again.

Unread 06-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #4
Metalcloak
Vendor

2006 TJ Wrangler 

ENTRY #5

Name: Luke Pighetti
Year: 2000
Lift: 1" Homemade
Favorite Spot: Abandoned airstrip in Milford, ME. We try to keep it as clean as possible, a lot of the locals trash the place, which is a shame because it's a perfect spot for a day of trails and shooting trap.

My girlfriend and I go adventure touring solo around central ("yeah bud!") and downeast ("yessah!") Maine. As a mechanical engineering student, I ruthlessly scrutinize modifications to the Jeep. I see it as an offroad system, not a project to make modifications to willynilly. A lift has been on my mind, but I won't do it unless it is of high quality. I had a long list of modifications I wanted to make to the suspension, and the Durocloak appears to check all of these boxes. It would give us extra peace of mind when we are out in the wilderness wheeling outside of radio contact. If we won this lift, we would install it together on a Friday and spend the rest of the weekend camping and going places we were too timid to go before.

Thank you for giving me the chance to upgrade the Jeep with a lift I wouldn't be able to afford otherwise. As a small business owner, I am looking at your giveaway and think I might have to do something similar in the future. If any of you guys are into high end portable audio, shoot me a PM. Best of luck to you all.

-----------------------

ENTRY #6

Chaz
current set up: 3 inch ryusty's coils, 1.25 inch teraflex spacer, 1 inch JKS shackles and 2.75 inch OME leaf springs
Your Favorite Place to Wheel: all over this beautiful state we call Arizona
What you would do if you won this kit: use the many high quality parts to augment my ride meant for long distance offroad travel. the beautiful places I am privileged to see deserve a beautiful lift!

Unread 06-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #5
Metalcloak
Vendor

2006 TJ Wrangler 

ENTRY #7

Your Name: Ryan Pelletier
Year of Jeep: 2000
Current Lift On Jeep: none (stock)
Your Favorite Place to Wheel: trails in New England
What you would do if you won this kit:
If I won this kit, I would take a trip down to Rausch Creek to test out its capabilities. My XJ has already brought me to many places I never thought I could go. I also have used my jeep to recover stuck vehicles in the snow storms we had this winter. I bet the lift would allow me to conquer the deepest snow New England can dish out, and help me pull out many stuck motorists this winter.

Here is me with my Jeep:

Here is my Jeep on top of Mount Washington in New Hampshire:

Thanks for offering us XJ owners a chance to win a great lift!

--------------------------

ENTRY #8

Your Name: JVWilliams
Year of Jeep: 1995.5
Current Lift On Jeep: 0"
Your Favorite Place to Wheel: Adventure Off Road / Beasley Knob- currently in the JKU only. XJ wouldn't make it with flatter-than-pancake leafs and coils and OEM bushings shot ....
What you would do if you won this kit: have a safe, happy wife and kids that don't rattle their way all the way to school as they are currently doing in the poor little Cherokee. All the JKU got the love and it needs some badly.
I am in because wife and kids consider the Cherokee a member of the family. It will continue forward forever \we will never get rid of it.
Just prior to my Mother Law ( who we bought it with and her husband , PawPaw, helped us choose it!) passing, she said she'd take the image of her daughter and grand-kids riding in the 'red Jeep' up the driveway to Heaven with her ( no joke)...yes. I am playing the sympathy card that hard because THE WILLIAMS FAMILY needs and deserves this kit!
Please vote for us and thanks!

Unread 06-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #6
Metalcloak
Vendor

2006 TJ Wrangler 

ENTRY #9

-Brandon R. Cook
-99 Jeep Cherokee Sport
-4.5" lift from varying manufacturers. Rubicon Express leaf springs and Coils, Currie JJ control arms, HD Offroad no lift shackle relocation brackets, etc.
-The Wishbone Ranch in Bowling Green, KY, awesome place to wheel, had Ian and the Crawl Mag guys out here 2 years ago for a bounty climb in the rock bouncers. Place is a good test of equipment.
-If I won this, first I would have to change my pants, because I never win anything. But seriously, Id install everything right away and go right to wheeling the same as always. At times I regret not giving the Duroflex joints a try over Curries Johnny Joints, Id certainly love to test the difference, and Im sure the rest of the kit would be top notch as well. Ive also had trouble with one of my Rubicon Express coils sagging prematurely so itd be nice to swap those out as well. Been considering lowering my rig down to 3.5" lift from the 4.5" Im at now, so this whole setup looks pretty idea for my plan.

Heres a couple shots of my rig:

---------------------

ENTRY #10

Mike Bradley
2001 XJ Sport
4.5+" - Assortment of RE leafs, RC relos, stock shackles, RC coils and LCAs, Rusty's adj UCAs
My favorite "park" to wheel is Southern Missouri Offroad Ranch (SMORR) - Seymour, MO. My favorite place to wheel is Colorado.
If I won this Metal Cloak lift package I would pull everything from my XJ that the kit would replace.
Then I would install the MC lift components. Next I'd sell the parts I pulled and use the money towards deeper gears.
Lastly, a good day of wheelin to break it all in.

Unread 06-30-2014, 04:48 PM   #7
Metalcloak
Vendor

2006 TJ Wrangler 

ENTRY #11

Kyle McCraw
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Woefully Stock
Still working out a favorite wheeling spot. I'm new to Jeeps personally, any NC suggestions for the Mountain or Piedmont regions of NC?

This thing would go a long way toward my expedition, rescue, and recovery build theme (which is on hold since I don't have the money for anything besides tuition at the moment), but for now, if I won this lift, my first step would be to find some decent 31s. Then I'd travel back to my native Appalachia and drag my good buddy out of bed to assist with the install. Then I'd climb to the top of every hill I could find to show him what he's been missing since he traded his last XJ for a TJ...hahaha.

---------------------

ENTRY #12

Alan Moeller
4.5" front 6.5" rear
Redcloud Offroad Northern Virginia
This Kit would help get my jeep back to a DD status, i've been chasing Deathwobble on this 5 year old Rough country kit. Then its back to the trails in NoVA.

Unread 06-30-2014, 04:49 PM   #8
Metalcloak
Vendor

2006 TJ Wrangler 

ENTRY #13

Your Name: Chris
Year of Jeep: 2000
Current Lift On Jeep: No Lift
Your Favorite Place to Wheel: Uwharrie

What you would do if you won this kit: I would install it, then set out on a mission to explore the country. By explore the country, I mean the WHOLE country. I would visit national parks, the mountains of Colorado, the Badlands, the hollers of Kentucky, the beaches of the Outer Banks, and much much more. I want my XJ to serve as both my DD and my Expedition Rig and this lift would help me reach that goal.

---------------------

ENTRY #14

michael n torch
1999 sport
rough country 3"
general sams,,,Huntsville tx

Unread 06-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #9
Metalcloak
Vendor

2006 TJ Wrangler 

ENTRY #15

Name: Rod Draper
Year of Jeep: 1996
Current Lift On Jeep: Currie 4.5" coils, 3.5" OME leafs +1" OME AAL, cheep Rancho shocks, Synergy trackbar
Favorite Place to Wheel: Badlands Off-Road Park
What you would do if you won this kit: Get back into wheeling more than once a year, trying to get the parts to complete my lift piece by piece has been very slow going. Should love to start wheeling out of state(Silver Lake Dunes, Moab, Outer Banks, etc). Then start concentrating on the rest of the fiberglass and painting it, and getting the interior up to snuff.

----------------------

ENTRY #16

Your Name: Karl Johnson
Year of Jeep: 89
Current Lift On Jeep:2" spacer lift
Your Favorite Place to Wheel: Florence junction near mesa, AZ
What you would do if you won this kit: I would take my family camping more and in more remote locations!

Unread 06-30-2014, 04:50 PM   #10
Metalcloak
Vendor

2006 TJ Wrangler 

ENTRY #17

Name: Benjamin
Year of Jeep: 1992
Current Lift On Jeep: old rusty sagging stock suspension
Your Favorite Place to Wheel: Hidden Falls adventure park in Marble Falls TX
What you would do if you won this kit:

oh man, first I'd probably cry. Then after that I would break out all my tools and install it right away on my dads 92 XJ limited. we bought this jeep 2 years ago to give it to my sister but being a girl she hated the jeep blah blah blah. fast forward 2 years the jeep hasnt changed much. installed a roofrack and we
have been fixing little problems here and there (more or less maintenance). My dad has fallin in love with the jeep and I would really like him to get back into offroading. hes been diagnosed with skin cancer amongst another long list of stuff. I would love to win this lift kit for him as I am trying to build the jeep for him. this would really give him and the jeep a boost of attitude.
THANK YOU FOR THE CHANCE TO WIN!

------------------------

ENTRY #18

Your Name: Greg Wilson
Year of Jeep: 1998
Current Lift On Jeep: Stock
Your Favorite Place to Wheel: Badlands Attica Indiana
What you would do if you won this kit: Install it and wheel it.

Unread 06-30-2014, 04:51 PM   #11
Metalcloak
Vendor

2006 TJ Wrangler 

ENTRY #19

Your Name: Heather Gage
Year of Jeep: 1996
Current Lift On Jeep: none (Worn out cherokee leaf springs bending the wrong direction)
Your Favorite Place to Wheel: The Cliffs Insane Terrain, Marseilles, IL
What you would do if you won this kit: I would stop riding in the passenger seat on all the wheeling trips! I recently bought my cherocar this last February - just in time for Metalcloak to release XJ parts! I want start building it to an off-road capable daily driver so I can learn how to drive off-road. I would love to road trip it out to do the Rubicon.

------------------------

ENTRY #20

Your Name: Jason
Year of Jeep 1997
Current lift: - 2" (negative 2")
Favorite place to wheel? Uwharrie

What would you do if you won? I am currently in the market to upgrade the OEM suspension components. The leafs are almost inverted, the shocks are shot. That being said, I would order a SYE as soon as I was notified I won from the money I have stashed away for the lift I need, and install this lift the day it comes in, and promptly head out to Uwharrie for a shakedown run. I work two jobs and I still can't afford to replace, let alone upgrade. Family and house takes precedence before the XJ.

Thank you to Metal Cloak for stepping up with a very generous offer.

Unread 06-30-2014, 05:07 PM   #12
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Voted, and thanks for supporting the JF XJ following Matson.
Let's get it on guys!

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
Vote for the August Cherokee Of The Month here - Yes YOU!!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2014, 05:15 PM   #13
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Voted.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #14
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Bump....come on people, vote!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2014, 06:58 PM   #15
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Voted (for myself...)
aroundincircles is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.