Ultra Light Weight, Ultra Strong Recovery Products from Dragline Offroad - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Ultra Light Weight, Ultra Strong Recovery Products from Dragline Offroad

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 08-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
draglineoffroad
Vendor

Ultra Light Weight, Ultra Strong Recovery Products from Dragline Offroad

Hi,

We’d like to introduce ourselves to the Jeep Forum community.

We are Dragline Offroad. We possess over 15 years of marine rigging experience obtained from providing products to some of the worlds most advanced vessels.

Curtis and myself, both avid off-roaders, wanted to bring this knowledge to the OHV Community. With that, Dragline Offroad LLC was born.

A small operation based in New England; we provide top notch products and back them up with excellent customer service. We are owner operators, which allows us to be part of all aspects of operation. Our primary vendor partners are within miles, not in other countries, allowing us to work one on one and ensure the best quality products for our valued customers. All of our products are manufactured in the USA. We do not outsource any of our work.

Synthshackles and Synthblocks

The days of hauling pounds upon pounds of gear into the tricky terrain you’re wheeling in is over. Our synthshackles and synthblocks can fit in your back pocket letting you navigate any dangerous obstacles without being at higher risk of injury due to carrying steel recovery equipment. Keep bow shackles on their clevis mounts where they belong. All the reliability and breaking strength you need, without the weight.

Winch Lines and Extensions

Dragline Offroad also has a full line of winch lines which feature domestically produced UHMPE line, chafe free crush proof wide mouth heavy duty stainless steel thimbles, slip free splices, replaceable chafe guard and options such as the drumline, a protective first wrap of liquid crystal polymer line, which provides thermally stable insulation against damaging heat. This field of products is ever growing.

Jeep Forum Member Benefits

Jeep Forum members always enjoy 5% off all dragline offroad brand items with code jeepforum05. Orders over $100 ship free.

As an introductory offer, we are offering Jeep Forum members 10% off all Dragline Offroad brand items until September 15, 2013. Use code sept10JEEPFORUM

If you have any questions regarding our products, feel free to PM us or contact us directly at sales@draglineoffroad.com.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________
Dragline Offroad LLC.
Setting the New Standard for Offroad Recovery Equipment
Ultra Light Weight | Ultra Strong

sales@draglineoffroad.com
http://www.draglineoffroad.com
Jeep Forum members: 5% off code jeepforum05

draglineoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
ancientspear
2013 JK Wrangler 

Your products look really interesting, I've been searching for a 3/4" or 7/8" shackle alternative for connecting lines together because if something like a strap ever failed I would hate to see the damage a flying metal shackle could do.

Can SynthShackle – Recovery be used to connect different recovery/kinetic/snatch straps together?

Just curious because it's min breaking strength is lower rated than the straps we're using. However, if this an acceptable use, for safety reasons alone I would rather pay several times the price and use these instead.

Thank you in advance!
ancientspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #3
draglineoffroad
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientspear View Post
Your products look really interesting, I've been searching for a 3/4" or 7/8" shackle alternative for connecting lines together because if something like a strap ever failed I would hate to see the damage a flying metal shackle could do.

Can SynthShackle – Recovery be used to connect different recovery/kinetic/snatch straps together?

Just curious because it's min breaking strength is lower rated than the straps we're using. However, if this an acceptable use, for safety reasons alone I would rather pay several times the price and use these instead.

Thank you in advance!
Accepting you are using a true snatch strap which is dynamic and therefore dampens the pulling force during recovery, then these would be acceptable. This is outside of the products original intended use, but we have used them many times for the same purpose and I know Mol over in the JK Tech section has used them this way also. Can you PM me with the details on your straps? We can make these fit completely into your usage by either going bigger or making them longer to be rigged in a basket configuration. Thank you for your interest and we love to hear of new uses for our products that result in safer recoveries. The thought of a flying 3/4" shackle is unsettling.

Best Regards

Unread 08-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
ancientspear
2013 JK Wrangler 

Application, using the Synthshackle Recovery for attaching things like the following items while working with Samurai and Jeeps to full size 4x4s:
  1. Winch line to tree protector.
  2. Winch line to winch extension strap (I think you have this covered in your post as YES).
  3. Winch line to tree protector strap (think #2 but enough room for 2 eyes and the winch end) which is the same as connecting two extension straps.
  4. Linking multiple snatch straps, in series, to extend length when winch is not an option (see PM for links to examples).

2 Additional questions
  1. I presume a basket configuration would be like what's going on with the 10" Synthshackle Utility that is up in a tree (link)? Please confirm.
  2. The not for use as jewlery disclaimers, a joke or potential safety issue if ignored by users?

Thank you in advance!
Unread 08-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #5
ancientspear
2013 JK Wrangler 

Please delete my double-post . Sorry!
Unread 08-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
draglineoffroad
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancientspear View Post
Application, using the Synthshackle Recovery for attaching things like the following items while working with Samurai and Jeeps to full size 4x4s:
  1. Winch line to tree protector.
  2. Winch line to winch extension strap (I think you have this covered in your post as YES).
  3. Winch line to tree protector strap (think #2 but enough room for 2 eyes and the winch end) which is the same as connecting two extension straps.
  4. Linking multiple snatch straps, in series, to extend length when winch is not an option (see PM for links to examples).

2 Additional questions
  1. I presume a basket configuration would be like what's going on with the 10" Synthshackle Utility that is up in a tree (link)? Please confirm.
  2. The not for use as jewlery disclaimers, a joke or potential safety issue if ignored by users?

Thank you in advance!
Hopefully I can answer these questions fully for you.

1. Winchline to tree protector

This was one of the primary visions for this product. No metal in the system which can chafe the tree protector and mar your thimble over time. Static recovery. Perfect use and will easily fit though most 3-4" tree savers.

Another static recovery situation. Great application for this product. Substantial reduction in weight to carry and clean up.

3. Linking multiple snatch straps, in series, to extend length when winch is not an option (see PM for links to examples).

First, thank you for the PM. I will try to be more detailed via PM. This is a dynamic recovery situation. This was not an original intention for this product, however you bring up an excellent point. These types of straps and lines build up a great deal of energy when extended. If one were to break, the shackle that would usually be used would likely be sent flying putting people and property at risk of damage. When used with a dynamic type strap our product would be great alternative and much much safer. Our 3/8" SynthShackles are a tad undersized for some of the straps you mentioned in your PM, but I can send you details and pricing for custom and they very well may make it onto our website along with quite a few other products.

4. I presume a basket configuration would be like what's going on with the 10" Synthshackle Utility that is up in a tree (link)? Please confirm.

You are absolutely correct.

5. The not for use as jewlery disclaimers, a joke or potential safety issue if ignored by users?

Not a joke. Our smaller utility shackle have such a high breaking strength and threshold for abrasion that if used as a bracelet, could put that person in danger if it were to get caught in machinery.

Unread 08-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #7
draglineoffroad
Vendor

Don't Forget. 10% off for all Jeepforum members until September 15th! Code: sept10JEEPFORUM

Free shipping over $100 with code draglineshipping

Don't see something you're looking for? Need custom recovery gear? Don't hesitate to contact us at sales@draglineoffroad.com

Unread 10-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #8
draglineoffroad
Vendor

Product Spotlight: Dragline SynthShackle

The Dragline Offroad Recovery SynthShackle

Our SynthShackle is the perfect alternative to more traditional bow shackles and sling hooks. These offer substantial weight savings, less complicated operation, and a higher degree of safety.

Safer

When using our synthetic winch lines with these shackles the highest degree of recovery safety can be reached. The nylon fabric which we use for tree savers are susceptible to UV and abrasion damage. They can and do break. Synthetic line does not have the same violent whip back that steel does, but it can still throw a sling hook or shackle a few feet. The SynthShackle eliminates any chance of a heavy object striking a bystander.

In addition, our SynthShackles are extremely light weight. Made of the same high tech line as our winch lines, these weigh ounces, not pounds. When hauling gear during recovery, toss your gear in your pocket and use both hands to scale or hike tough terrain. Don’t be off balance. Don’t be weighed down. Don’t fall!

In this year’s King of the Hammers the Discount Tire; Dynatrac; Offroad Evolution JK was brought to a quick halt and safety compromised when the winch line which had been stowed wrapped around the driveshaft. The sling hook proceeded to rip through the tub taking out the fuel pump. Unlikely situation, but one which would have been a lot less dangerous without the sling hook.

Lighter Weight

We’ve already touched on how the light weight of our products creates safety, but most of you, like us, keep most of your recovery gear in a bag to keep it organized. Toss a few bow shackles, a traditional snatch block, your tree saver, and a recovery strap in there and its weighing in at quite a few pounds. Replace all that metal with our products and you’ll have quite a few less pounds for you and your rig to haul around.

Easier

Traditional bow shackles and sling hooks work when new, but mix moving parts with road grime and salt in addition to inconsistent use and when you need them most they’ll assuredly give you trouble. Our SynthBlocks don’t rust and they don’t seize. They’re very quick to get attached, detached, and pack back up so your recovery can go quickly and wheeling can commence.

Wheeling in the winter? Those fortunate...or unfortunate enough to know what wheeling in the cold is like, also know that metal will suck all of the heat out of your hands in a hurry, making recovery difficult and frustrating. The dyneema which our synthshackles and blocks are made of do not conduct heat well and therefore will not freeze your hands during recovery.

Price

Chinese manufactured sling hook: $65

American made SynthShackle: 36.99

We INCLUDE our Synthshackle with our winchlines!

And don’t forget about our JeepForum discount: jeepforum05

Unread 12-02-2013, 02:20 AM   #9
ancientspear
2013 JK Wrangler 

Dragline Offroad SynthShackle HD and XL

If you are in this thread, you've probably read about my inquiries about their products. Well we took the conversation into email and Private Messages and the end result was the creation of some heavier duty options by Dragline Offroad called SynthShackle HD and XL. The HD version if slightly longer than a regular SynthShackle, for those of us worried we cannot fit out tree straps, recovery straps, winch line extentions, bull bars, or whatever into a normal one while also increasing the minimum breaking strength to over 34,000 lbf. The XL version is even longer, and is rated at a minimum breaking strength of 24,000 lbf but it's "extra long" design allows you to easily double it over in a basket configuration for a non-metal shackle rated at 48,000 lbf.

Oh it gets better! I've had time to use them, on a rather frigid day I may add, and was delighted with my purchases. These things are a dream to use. So lightweight, easy to hook up increasing recovery options, never bind or freeze up on you requiring the use of tools, and best of all your hands will not freeze to them when they inevitably get wet! If not for the safety factor alone, if you are a northern climate wheeler it's well worth the price and even for you southerners the speed to deploy or take down is a real treat.

I highly recommend their SynthShackles. Once I replace my bumper and get a winch, I'll be buying their lines and blocks as well.

Dragline Offroad SynthShackle HD & XL comparison to 7/8" Bubba rope

Dragline Offroad SynthShackle HD in basket configuration equals > 68,000 lbf of strength!

Dragline Offroad SynthShackle HD conneting two 7/8" Bubba Rope eyes and a winch line hook.

Don't want to bend over to attach to clevis for a light pull? No problem, use the bull bar!
Unread 12-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #10
draglineoffroad
Vendor

Thank you for the excellent review! Look's like the SynthShackles are providing the benefits you were looking for and some you and even us hadn't thought of!

We appreciate any feedback our customers can provide. Glad you pointed out the cold weather benefits. We also discovered the lack of heat transfer last winter. Such a life saver in the cold winter months. Also glad you pointed out how fast you can deploy them. They set up quick and can be stored anywhere in a vehicle because they will never damage a painted surface.

Hope you and your wheeling buddies continue to use your SynthShackles to there potential and continue to enjoy their safety and versatility benefits.

Unread 01-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #11
ancientspear
2013 JK Wrangler 

To help my little lady get into the back of our Jeep, while she is carrying our son, I've come up with a new use for my two beefy SynthShackle HDs. Headrest grab handles! Way better to use than those OEM ones and easier to grip onto than cobra braided paracord.

Unread 01-04-2014, 09:08 AM   #12
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I'm intrigued...
Unread 01-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #13
draglineoffroad
Vendor

Yet another use we haven't thought of!

Unread 01-05-2014, 04:33 PM   #14
draglineoffroad
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I'm intrigued...
Any questions I can answer for you?

If the headrest grab handle is of interest, we could look into a less expensive line with the same construction that wouldn't be rated for recovery.

Unread 01-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #15
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by draglineoffroad View Post
Any questions I can answer for you?

If the headrest grab handle is of interest, we could look into a less expensive line with the same construction that wouldn't be rated for recovery.
I don't have any questions but this could be a viable alternative for clevis shackles especially for the D Rings I have welded to my rear bumper. Do you have larger and smaller versions available? Is there any abrasion with it hanging back there or just when back and forth with a snatch strap?

I suppose I did have questions.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.