TOM WOODS DRIVE SHAFTS for your JK with Billet Steel Flanges! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > TOM WOODS DRIVE SHAFTS for your JK with Billet Steel Flanges!

Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 02-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #1
Rockridge4WD
Vendor

2010 JK Wrangler 

TOM WOODS DRIVE SHAFTS for your JK with Billet Steel Flanges!

There are many different ways to build a drive shaft for the new JK. One method uses an adapter flange which bolts directly to the original pinion flange. This is really not much more than a round flat plate with bolt holes drilled into it and a conventional drive shaft weld yoke welded into the center. This then bolts to the stock pinion flanges. We just don't think this is as “clean” of a modification as can be done. What if the weld yoke portion breaks? You could have a tough time finding a new one or repairing the old one. There is also a concern with maintaining the accuracy of the part after welding. In addition to this, the center of the universal joint gets pretty far away from the pinion bearing. Excessive overhung load is not a good thing.

***In picture below, this shows the stock flange and adapter that competitors use on the left. Tom's version is shown on the right.***

jkpiniontheirs_ours.jpg

With Tom's version, They've elected to make a replacement flange for the differential pinions. These flanges are machined from solid billet steel. Tom's does not believe this flange will ever break. Tom's designed this to accept standard "off the shelf" mating flanges. If these flanges ever break, you at least stand a chance of getting a replacement part from almost any drive line shop. This also nets a longer drive shaft with the center of the universal joint closer to the pinion bearing.

Tom's can build either drive shaft in 1310 or 1350 series. Unless you plan on beating the vehicle really hard, we believe the 1310 series front drive shaft would serve most people well. Likewise for the rear drive shaft.

These prices are for the complete package including required nuts, bolts, and flanges/yokes. We can supply a good fit by application information only but believe we can get the best fit if you will supply a simple length measurement.

Jeff@rockridge4wd.com
Call us! Toll Free: 888-411-8493
Rockridge4WD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 12:41 AM   #2
Rockridge4WD
Vendor

2010 JK Wrangler 

If you want the best then this is the drive shaft for you. I've got plenty of good responses from this thread and sold a few solid JK drive shafts. Just give me a call and let me explain your options and why Tom's shafts are probably the right choice. I will also help you to determine if you should roll with the 1310 joints or the 1350's. I make it easy guys...

Jeff
Sales@rockridge4wd.com

Jeff@rockridge4wd.com
Unread 03-04-2012, 12:43 AM   #3
Rockridge4WD
Vendor

2010 JK Wrangler 

You can get all the details and watch a SWEET installation video by CLICKING HERE!

Jeff@rockridge4wd.com
Unread 03-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

I just ordered front and rear Tom Woods drive shafts for my '07 JKUR. Jeff@Rockridge is awesome! Very knowledgable and passionate about all things Jeep. A+ for Rockridge 4WD! Thanks Jeff it was a pleasure speaking and dealing with you.

David M
David_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #5
Rockridge4WD
Vendor

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_M View Post
I just ordered front and rear Tom Woods drive shafts for my '07 JKUR. Jeff@Rockridge is awesome! Very knowledgable and passionate about all things Jeep. A+ for Rockridge 4WD! Thanks Jeff it was a pleasure speaking and dealing with you.

David M
David,

I'm glad you got yourself into a Jeep. You know, now that you have one you will never be "free" for the rest of your life haha! I appreciate your business and seriously...call me anytime brother. That's what i'm here for!

Jeff
Sales@rockridge4wd.com

Jeff@rockridge4wd.com
Unread 03-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
Rockridge4WD
Vendor

2010 JK Wrangler 

You cannot go wrong with a Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft!

The warranty, service, years of expertise and reputation all come into play with his shafts & yes, they do cost a few bucks more BUT....YOUR GETTING A TOM WOODS DRIVESHAFT!!

WITH FREE SUPER FAST SHIPPING & TOMS ULTRA AWESOME WARRANTY & WWW.ROCKRIDGE4WD.COM'S "EPIC" customer service followed by my quick replies you will ultimately end up with the best possible purchasing experience.

Simply look at the reviews for yourself.

Jeff
Sales@rockridge4wd.com

Jeff@rockridge4wd.com

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.