TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 09-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #91
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
This is exactly what I need. A drop-down type tailgate would allow me more room because at 6'2, lets be honest its not comfortable to sleep in by yourself let alone 2 people. I would love to have my legs stick out to have more room when sleeping. I just dont know if its $200-$285 sleep worthy though.
Take a look at the attached link below.

Swagoffroad.com YJ, TJ & JK Fold Down Tailgate Conversion Kits

This drop down tailgate kit including shipping is $170 delivered to your door.

I have a few different add on options like aluminum tailgate covers and upgraded hinges depending upon what look and weight rating you are after.

Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Swagoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 12:20 PM   #92
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea I looked at that but I might as well get upraded hinges because that allows more weight right?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #93
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Yea I looked at that but I might as well get upraded hinges because that allows more weight right?
Correct.

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 09-24-2010, 07:33 PM   #94
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Don't be standing around at your next tailgating party looking for a place to take a seat.

Thanks again, Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 09-30-2010, 09:47 PM   #95
ZachAttack923
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagoffroad View Post
Here are a couple customer pictures. He purchased the Swagoffroad.com, CJ Tailgate Conversion Kit for your TJ or YJ as well as additional brackets that were used for the TJ drop down tailgate kit and cut them down to fit his application.

I appreciate your business.

Thanks Troy
i wish to to some thing very similar to my tail gate and i was wondering what the latches that you use are called?

what im looking to do is form a piece of 3/16th aluminum like you flat back kit but with no cut outs for the handle or key hole as i will not be using the stock tail gate.

it will be a custom tail gate that will drop down use two of those red latches to eliminate rattle and to lock it i will use the stock latch mechanism but with an electric actuator, that i will be able to unlock with my other power locks than unlatch it and drop it down.

i personally dont like key holes and such i like nice flat expanses of metal
2.5L Low Output #923
White Jeep Club #923
1997 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L AX-5 D30/35 4.10 gears
31in Wildcat A/T's
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_niko View Post
I would be as nervous as a virgin on prom night if I had to drive that
ZachAttack923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 10:08 PM   #96
ChrisNukemYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Cost for a 91 YJ sent to 85710?
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
ChrisNukemYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 10:35 PM   #97
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachAttack923 View Post
i wish to to some thing very similar to my tail gate and i was wondering what the latches that you use are called?

what im looking to do is form a piece of 3/16th aluminum like you flat back kit but with no cut outs for the handle or key hole as i will not be using the stock tail gate.

it will be a custom tail gate that will drop down use two of those red latches to eliminate rattle and to lock it i will use the stock latch mechanism but with an electric actuator, that i will be able to unlock with my other power locks than unlatch it and drop it down.

i personally dont like key holes and such i like nice flat expanses of metal

They are made my Destaco Toggle Clamp. There have dozens of models to choose from.

Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 10-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #98
leolufse
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just placed my order, flat back with premium hinges and solid alum panel.
How soon can you ship it to GA

leolufse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #99
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by leolufse View Post
Just placed my order, flat back with premium hinges and solid alum panel.
How soon can you ship it to GA

I boxed the kit up last night and it is sitting on the shelf for UPS to pick up first thing Monday morning. As for how fast it will arrive to your door step I would give it 5-6 business days. It is a long ways form Oregon to the Peach state.

Thanks again for the order.

Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 10-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #100
leolufse
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagoffroad View Post
I boxed the kit up last night and it is sitting on the shelf for UPS to pick up first thing Monday morning. As for how fast it will arrive to your door step I would give it 5-6 business days. It is a long ways form Oregon to the Peach state.

Thanks again for the order.

Troy
Troy, you are the man. Can't wait.
Unread 10-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #101
leolufse
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well I finally got this finished. I'd be lying if I said it was one of the easier projects I've done. Fishing the bolt plates into the tub was the hardest part, but the wire welded to them made it possible. Well done.

I decided to paint the lower aluminum piece with textured rustoleum to match my bumper, grille, an sliders. I love the raw look of the aluminum on the tailgate itself. I hit it with a little mothers polish (by hand) and then some stainless steel cleaner I use on my fridge.

Here are some pics:

Unread 10-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #102
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Nice job on the install . I always like to hear feed back on how the installation went.

Let me know if you have any questions along the way.

Thanks again Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 10-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #103
gne100
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I finally did it and ordered my kit!
I just had a guy compliment me on my Jeep while I was in the drive-thu, he thanked me for being an American and told me we need to "take" America back.... I guess I will get used to that if it happens again...
gne100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #104
gne100
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got to install the kit and love it already! Troy was very helpful and responded very quickly to all of my questions... no matter how dumb they were. Great job!
dropdown-tailgate-1.jpg   dropdown-tailgate-2.jpg   dropdown-tailgate-3.jpg  
I just had a guy compliment me on my Jeep while I was in the drive-thu, he thanked me for being an American and told me we need to "take" America back.... I guess I will get used to that if it happens again...
gne100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 01:45 PM   #105
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good does the bottom right piece do anything or what? If I was you Id have spent the money to get rid of that awful body lift. What about if you have corner armor on? Does that affect the install? You cant go dropdown tailgate with tub-mounted tire carrier.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.