TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 03-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #61
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Now all drop down tailgate kits are able to support over 400 lbs.

Thanks again,
Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Swagoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 10:31 AM   #62
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Take a look at the new Youtube video of the aluminum "Flat Back" kit.

YouTube - Jeep Wrangler Aluminum Fold Down Tailgate Conversion KIt "FLAT BACK" @ Swag Off Road.com

Thanks Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 03-22-2010, 07:09 PM   #63
undercoverfab
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
2007 JK Wrangler 

Ordered mine today. Looking forward to the install.
(334) 873-4000

Jeep Forum 10% Off Discount Code: jeepforum.com

Check us out on Facebook

undercoverfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 11:45 AM   #64
JCWJEEP
2010 JK Wrangler 

Do you have more pictures of the CJ tailgate kit? Hoping for install pics. Does your kit include any sort of latching mechanism?
Unread 03-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #65
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWJEEP View Post
Do you have more pictures of the CJ tailgate kit? Hoping for install pics. Does your kit include any sort of latching mechanism?
I don't have any pictures, I have sold a couple dozen of these kit and no one has sent me any pictures of the kit installed on their Jeep. If something changes I will post up.

As far as a latching mechanism that is not provided in this kit, you will have to fabricate a latch to suit your particular application.

Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 03-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #66
BigDogTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagoffroad View Post
Now all drop down tailgate kits are able to support over 400 lbs.

Thanks again,
Troy
Hey Troy,

I finally will be able to order this next paycheck, and was just wondering, as I was planning on getting it anyway, what changed to up the lbs rating. I'm a real big guy, and was planning on only using it as a workbench area type thing. Just curious if it is the regular TJ kit or just the flat back. Thanks,

Tiny
BigDogTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #67
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogTJ View Post
Hey Troy,

I finally will be able to order this next paycheck, and was just wondering, as I was planning on getting it anyway, what changed to up the lbs rating. I'm a real big guy, and was planning on only using it as a workbench area type thing. Just curious if it is the regular TJ kit or just the flat back. Thanks,

Tiny
Tiny,

I have sourced a different hinge, either kit I sell for the TJ-YJ drop down tailgate conversion kits will support 400 lbs.

Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 03-29-2010, 10:07 PM   #68
undercoverfab
Vendor
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Tiny,

I have sourced a different hinge, either kit I sell for the TJ-YJ drop down tailgate conversion kits will support 400 lbs.

Troy
Are the new hinges closer in strength to the factory CJ hinges? I was eyeballing some factory hinges recently that looked much more robust than many of the aftermarket hinges I have seen.
(334) 873-4000

Check us out on Facebook

Unread 03-31-2010, 06:28 AM   #69
undercoverfab
Vendor
2007 JK Wrangler 

I got my flat-back kit installed yesterday. The fit is very nice. I primed the inside surface of the aluminum and installed it without painting the visible side. I will try it like that for a little while, but I think it will end up getting painted to match the Jeep.
(334) 873-4000

Check us out on Facebook

Unread 03-31-2010, 11:34 AM   #70
BigDogTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Tiny,

Troy
SWEET!! Its important for me to know as...I weigh 305lbs. I was just planning on using it as a workbench area...but now I can sit on it too!!! Holy Heart Failure Batman!
BigDogTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #71
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverfab View Post
Are the new hinges closer in strength to the factory CJ hinges? I was eyeballing some factory hinges recently that looked much more robust than many of the aftermarket hinges I have seen.
Sorry for the delayed response. I just got back home from EJS.

Their is not substitution to the factory old school hinges on the Original Jeep CJ tailgate. The hinges I use in the Kit are Kentrol brand hinges. These are the best aftermarket replacement hinge in production.

Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 04-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #72
undercoverfab
Vendor
2007 JK Wrangler 

I've been enjoying the flat back kit. The fold down tailgate is great. A couple of my friends would like me to get flat-back kits ordered up for their TJs. I will call you next week Troy...
(334) 873-4000

Check us out on Facebook

Unread 04-21-2010, 11:58 PM   #73
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Here are a couple customer pictures. He purchased the Swagoffroad.com, CJ Tailgate Conversion Kit for your TJ or YJ as well as additional brackets that were used for the TJ drop down tailgate kit and cut them down to fit his application.

I appreciate your business.

Thanks Troy
img_1989-1.jpg   img_1998-1.jpg  

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 04-22-2010, 12:32 AM   #74
georgia4x4in
1996 XJ Cherokee 

looks like a great product. hopefully getting a new job soon that will alot funds to purchase. one question though, can you give me a more definite weight limit? i only weight about 150 but when i'm hanging out with friends my jeep turns into a park bench and EEEEVERYONE sits on it. and as soon as they figure out it swings down, i'll have ten people trying to sit on it at once. just need to know when i need to start yelling to get their fat asses off haha. i swear sometimes it looks like one of those vans packed out with mexican day laborers.

also, i saw the comment LuckRider made a few pages back about making the trick tailgate that folds down and out; i was actually thinking about that before i read the comment. have you had anyone do that yet? i'd definitely wanna attempt that myself and was wondering if anyone had successfully made it happen and how they did it.
georgia4x4in is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2010, 01:17 AM   #75
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

With the upgraded hinges in all the drop down tailgate kits for your TJ or YJ, the tailgate will now support 400lbs safely.

As to the 2nd part of your question I have yet to see a swing out/fold down tailgate design.

Keep in mind that the tailgate is only ~24" wide so unless your buddies are sitting on each others laps the 400 lb weight limit should not be too much of an issue.

Troy

Visit us on Facebook

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.