TJ Dana 60 - BOLT IN REAR - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > TJ Dana 60 - BOLT IN REAR

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #16
RX4ROCS
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWKHausSupply View Post
A junkyard 60 costs $500 (yes, here on the west coast), You cant find these in so cali in "junk yards" so you pay 1100$ typically.

Shorten the housing and passenger side axle shaft for $200, For a true axle shop to cut off a C and short the tube is a lil over 200$. You still need some 35 spline inner shafts about -350$.

Add an ARB locker $750, Last I checked they were about 950-1200 plus tax and or shipping

set of gears $250, about right, plus a master kit at 150$

Throw some TJ brackets on it for $375, for Just the brackets maybe, but a closer true estimate is 600$ for currie to supply and weld on all the brackets needed.

Rebuild the kingpins $75, About right, maybe a bit more.

Warn premium hubs $200, A Waste, run slugs or Yukons new selectable hubs

rebuild and use the factory 3/4 ton brakes and calipers $150, yes

Throw the vendor a $500 bone for labor, You better add at lil to that.

and you have a frontend ready to bolt in for $3000. Not even close

You forgot..
Outer stubs - 200$
hub bearings - 75$
Ujoints - 150$

Its not as cheap as you would think, IF YOU DO IT RIGHT...

Yeah if you just want a 30 spline outer, stock 1040 inner axle frankenstien, that was in Perfect condition when you get it, you can get away for a more resonable price.
Not sure how you came up w/ your prices but I was providing ballpark prices, not picking and matching parts from a specific catalog...more of a generality +/- 10% Not to mention, that most vendors have promo's all the time for free shipping, discounted prices, etc...

Regarding the 'junkyard' housing; semantics of course, however you can find late-70's/80's frontend's all day long on craigslist for $300-$750.

Agreed on the 35 spline shafts - but if you're not pushing more than 300hp (4.0L 190hp) you can live w/o them. I ran narrowed 60's front and rear on my 400hp Bronco w/ 38's and stock shafts on the Hammers, Fordyce, Rubicon for over 12 years and never had a problem.

TJ heavy duty bracket kits can be had through Polyperformance, Quadratec, Blue Torch Fab are $300-$400, 8 hrs of welding and assembly @ $65-$75hr would be roughly $500, maybe a little more but not by much. If a shop wants to charge more than that, I'd be looking for a different shop.

Point is, that while depending on how you configure it, gear ratio, locker options, etc...you can still have a nice D60 frontend for $3000-$4000, what justifies the cost that some vendors charge for their D60's ($6500-$9000), not all of us need, or even want a chromo-shafted, CTM'd, Wilwood disc, 8-lug converted to 5-lug, SEMA showcased, overpriced, name embossed diff cover axle - keep it simple, keep it affordable and under the light weight of a Jeep w/ anemic hp and low gearing, it would last longer than the life of the Jeep.

RX4ROCS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2012, 10:19 AM   #17
ECGS
Vendor

We have the prototype TJ front D60 sitting on the rack just waiting for someone local to want one, or swap it into a shop vehicle. Once it is checked for clearance and we figure out the steering and any other hiccups we will offer it for sale. Someone wanting to order one would motivate us more to finish it. This is a really busy time of year to try to do development projects so it has gotten pushed off. We did finish and are selling the WJ front 60 the TJ is similar and we for see no issues.

As for a 3k dana 60 that bolts into a TJ that is a bit low but we specialize in trying to keep the cost of axles down and can keep it under 6 even with steering, brakes chormoly shafts and a ARB

Differential Sales & Service

Quality Gears, Lockers, Axle Shafts, and other drivetrain products at a fair Price
http://www.eastcoastgearsupply.com

919-672-2705
ECGS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #18
Davetha

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Any news on the front Dana 60s for the TJ?
Davetha is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #19
brokenujoint
1997 TJ Wrangler 

also interested now that it's getting close to my tax refund and profit share..... if you need me to drive my 97 TJ from San Diego to you and use my jeep for a template and a rather large deal then so be it! BTW I'm wanting coilovers and 3 link so no bother for the brackets. hi steer as well.
Unread 03-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #20
xtreampyro
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECGS View Post
We have the prototype TJ front D60 sitting on the rack just waiting for someone local to want one, or swap it into a shop vehicle. Once it is checked for clearance and we figure out the steering and any other hiccups we will offer it for sale. Someone wanting to order one would motivate us more to finish it. This is a really busy time of year to try to do development projects so it has gotten pushed off. We did finish and are selling the WJ front 60 the TJ is similar and we for see no issues.

As for a 3k dana 60 that bolts into a TJ that is a bit low but we specialize in trying to keep the cost of axles down and can keep it under 6 even with steering, brakes chormoly shafts and a ARB
How's the progress with the front??? Saw a picture on Facebook and it looked ready to go! I'm in wilmington NC and am interested in 60's front and rear
Unread 03-27-2013, 07:24 AM   #21
ECGS
Vendor

The TJ Front 60 is complete. We have now built 5 of them. Do to the shop being so busy we are not going to release the fronts for another month. I will try to get the build sheet complete online so that pricing can determined for anyone interested.

Quality Gears, Lockers, Axle Shafts, and other drivetrain products at a fair Price

919-672-2705
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #22
coyote595
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Chase, when do you expect to have the build/pricing sheet for the front 60 up on the website? I am strongly interested in these.
2001 TJ Sahara, White. Dana 44's, Eaton E-Lockers, 5.25" total lift, JKS Control arms and disconnects, Currie steering, M.O.R.E. Steering box brace, Woody CV shafts, Aluminum Fuel Tank Skid Plate, Undercover Fab Aluminum TC Skid Plate, Skid Row Engine Skid, Ultra Nomad Wheels, 35 inch Mickey Thompson MTZ's

2004 LJ - Just getting started...
coyote595 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #23
ECGS
Vendor

15 Days and the shop should be back to 1-2 week lead times. We will then release the front 60. We have also released the rear 60 using new Dana crate axle program so everything is new. Also we will be releasing our Dana USA made Dana 60 gear line in the coming weeks. Here is a pic of the new rear.
d60-tj-crate-size.jpg  

919-672-2705
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #24
coyote595
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Will your Dana Crate Axles be available with Set 20 bearings, or just Set 10? Will you still be offering assemblies made with reconditioned housings that have set 20 bearings, or is the crate axle program going to replace the currently offered rear 60 altogether?

Thanks!
2001 TJ Sahara, White. Dana 44's, Eaton E-Lockers, 5.25" total lift, JKS Control arms and disconnects, Currie steering, M.O.R.E. Steering box brace, Woody CV shafts, Aluminum Fuel Tank Skid Plate, Undercover Fab Aluminum TC Skid Plate, Skid Row Engine Skid, Ultra Nomad Wheels, 35 inch Mickey Thompson MTZ's

Unread 05-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #25
ECGS
Vendor

All rear 60's will now be new housing and tubes (same price). We will be offering the set 10 option soon you supply brakes (cheaper). Currently the set 20 option with ford disc brake kit is the only option.

Thanks, Chase

919-672-2705
Unread 05-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #26
coyote595
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry Chase,

I don't think I explained my question clear enough. I guess my question is, will there still be an option of set 20 bearings with brakes after your switch to the Dana Crate Housings?

I have been waiting to buy one of these and will be ready very soon. I hope I did not wait too long to get what I want.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

Unread 05-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #27
ECGS
Vendor

Yes we will always keep the set 20 as an option as it is the better stronger option.

919-672-2705
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #28
coyote595
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Great. exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Thank you

Unread 05-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #29
br0ken

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Looking at redoing a set of 60's. Do you offer a jeepforum discount?
br0ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #30
ECGS
Vendor

We discount parts to Jeep Forum members but we do not discount the axle assemblies. The axle assembly parts are already sold at discount in the assemblies. If you have a project you are working on and need a parts quote. Feel Free to email me chase@eastcoastgearsupply.com or call us 919-672-2705

919-672-2705

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.