TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #76
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ws666 View Post
Well, I'd like the best without going too good. For example I don't wanna spend 100$ on front speakers if they won't even operate at their rating. I guess my real question is how many watt speakers will be best for stock HU without wasting money on wattage that won't be seen. Is the stock HU 10wat rms per speaker?
Found a good thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/t...d-unit-550969/

You'll come to find in that thread too that it depends on budget. You can't go wrong with a Kicker/Pioneer/Alpine/Infinity/Polk/Kenwood. I bet you can find a screaming deal at http://www.sonicelectronix.com/viewc...der=best_rated on whatever you're looking for.

In my experience, the most popular speaker I have seen go into the dash is Polk's DB5121. However, most guys are running aftermarket headunits, so that may not apply to your situation.

5.25" TJ Speaker Adapters

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Email: NalinMFG@gmail.com
Facebook: NalinMFG
NalinMFG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #77
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

For the stock head unit you want to be looking at the speakers efficiency rating not the wattage rating. The watts is how much power the speaker can handle, not how much it puts out. You want to look at the efficiency rating. The efficiency is how sensitive the speaker is. It is usually rated at db at 1watt @ 1meter Here is a quick link to an article I quickly found. I didn't read the whole thing but I know the paragraph I pasted below is accurate.
http://stereos.about.com/od/stereosc...a/amppower.htm

Quote:
Speaker Efficiency
Speaker efficiency, also known as speaker sensitivity, is a measure of the speaker's output, measured in decibels, with a specified amount of amplifier power. For example, speaker efficiency is often measured with a microphone (connected to a sound level meter) placed one meter from the speaker . One watt of power is delivered to the speaker and the level meter measures the volume in decibels. The output level results in a measure of efficiency. Speakers range in efficiency or sensitivity from about 85dB (very inefficient) up to 105dB (very efficient). As a comparison, a speaker with 85 dB efficiency rating will take twice the amplifier power to reach to same volume as a speaker with 88 dB efficiency. Similarly, a speaker with a 88 dB efficiency rating will require ten times more power than a speaker with a 98 dB efficiency rating to play at the same level. If you're starting with a 100 watt/channel receiver, you would need 1000 watts (!) of power output to double the perceived volume level.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #78
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nalin - The tweeter brackets look nice but I was a little dissappointed. I thought they were going to be a bracket for on top of the dash like the current JK 'Tombstone" tweeters. I think Kicker also makes some dash 'tombstone' style speakers for the TJ. I don't know if its a consideration for you at all, but you might want to look into seeing if their is a way you could build a mount for an upright dash tweeter.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 02-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #79
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
Nalin - The tweeter brackets look nice but I was a little dissappointed. I thought they were going to be a bracket for on top of the dash like the current JK 'Tombstone" tweeters. I think Kicker also makes some dash 'tombstone' style speakers for the TJ. I don't know if its a consideration for you at all, but you might want to look into seeing if their is a way you could build a mount for an upright dash tweeter.
I am sorry to learn of your disappointed. Quadratec has some dash level mounts if you are interested: http://www.quadratec.com/products/14133_100.htm

I chose to make the mounts at the door pin because that is the most acoustically correct place to put a tweeter. I can also offer them at a much lower price, and allow the customer to choose whatever brand of tweeter they like. There is some good information in this thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/t...ackets-464968/

"Dash mounted tweeters are one of the worst spots in a TJ. I still don't understand why it's so popular and even more, why the new wranglers do it... Anyhow, tweeters are far too directional and too sensitive to phase variation to be that close to the listener. You want them mounted as far away from your head, and as on-axis as you can get. Unfortunately in a TJ this doesn't work so well and you honestly get better sound from a good set of speakers in the dash or kick panel. The few times I have done component style tweeters, the most successful places I've found are just under the dash or in the kick panel." - SirGCal

"The technical what & why has to do with the axis (where it is pointed) with distance differences between listening positions and each speaker. High frequencies are very susceptible to both effects where lower frequencies are a little more forgiving. But to keep it simple, that's why this position (referring to NalinMFG) is a good choice." - SirGCal

Here is a thread where a forum member actually used JK tombstone mounts in his TJ:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/5...05-tj-1200525/

If you really wanted to, I guess you could use some self tapping screws and shoot mine into the dash
I really do appreciate customer criticism though! Stuff will never get better if everyone is willing to just accept things for what they are.

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 02-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #80
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the links. I will read them. The comments you posted are accurate though and I am aware of the effects they are talking about. I guess I like the dash in large part because they get the tweeters our of your way more. But also because it lifts the sound stage up higher. But SirGCal is correct that their are better locations than the dash for various reasons. One of which is that left and right tweeters should be an equal distance from each ear for best sound. I will look at your tweeter brackets again and read the links you have posted. Indeed for sound quality there are reasons for having the tweets closer to the driver. For personal prefererce reasons I like a higher sound stage.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 02-24-2012, 04:20 PM   #81
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

In stock and ready to ship.

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 02-25-2012, 09:41 PM   #82
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 02-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #83
austinshepard
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Just ordered a pair! Excited to get them, will post pics when installed
Sienna Jeep owners club #55
austinshepard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #84
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinshepard View Post
Just ordered a pair! Excited to get them, will post pics when installed
Just finished packaging your set, thanks!

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 02-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #85
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

13 more sets in the mail, thanks JeepForum members!

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 02-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #86
TJROMPER
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Bought a pair of these off of ebay a few months back, did not know about this post in the vendor section. Anyway they are awesome and well worth it! I can actually listen to music in my jeep at a decent volume haha. Thanks!
TJROMPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #87
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJROMPER View Post
Bought a pair of these off of ebay a few months back, did not know about this post in the vendor section. Anyway they are awesome and well worth it! I can actually listen to music in my jeep at a decent volume haha. Thanks!
Thanks TJROMPER, Since you mentioned Ebay I thought I'd share a bit of news I received yesterday... the user Autoware302 that was selling copies of mine finally had his listing taken down for copyright and trade dress infringements. The Ebay VeRO (Verified Rights Owner) program finally took action after 10 months of calls, emails, and faxes...but only after 300 lost sales. Turns out that all of his business information is registered in Hong Kong, China...which actually makes a lot of sense now, because he was selling them for LESS than I could make a set for myself for! Which you can look at as a good deal for customers, but in the end you are getting a lower quality product, and sending money to Chinese steel/hardware suppliers instead of American.

(His listing pic^ )

(China vs USA)

(Thickness- both advertised as 14ga)

(Autoware302 underneath NalinMFG)

***I apologize if you are a Chinese Jeeper reading this, but I keep my money in the USA.

Long story short- he is gone, and ebay has been given an arsenal of product copyright, trademark, and trade dress information. Before this they really only covered digital infringements, or required a registered patent number. The representative I spoke with said that they have never had a trade dress infringement in his experience.

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 02-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #88
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

All orders placed this morning are in the back of a USPS truck.

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 02-29-2012, 07:51 AM   #89
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

NalinMFG Speaker Adapters are always in stock and ready to ship!

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:00 PM   #90
NalinMFG
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for today's orders, they're on the way.

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin

Tags
5.25" speaker adapter , audio , dash , radio , speakers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.