TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 02-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #16
Red_Rubicon
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Use away. Thanks again!

Red_Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #17
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the orders! All are packaged and waiting for the postman to come by tomorrow.

5.25" TJ Speaker Adapters

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Email: NalinMFG@gmail.com
Facebook: NalinMFG
NalinMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #18
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Orders from this morning are already shipped

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 02-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #19
97Heep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Mine is said to be delivered today... Can't wait to install these tomorrow when I get my new speakers!!!
Unread 02-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #20
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Heep View Post
Mine is said to be delivered today... Can't wait to install these tomorrow when I get my new speakers!!!
Make sure to let us know how it goes!

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 02-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #21
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

2 more sets just shipped. One to Alabama, and the other to all the way to the Netherlands!

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 02-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #22
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I was just on your website and saw you also have some tweeter brackets coming that are not yet available. Will these be for the TJ/LJ?

I think your 5 1/4 brackets along with some baffles like this would really improve the sound up front in the TJ.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=260-786

Check out CDT audio for some very nice drivers. I have a friend that used to be a dealer for them and I believe they were pretty good to work with. Very nice equipment.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #23
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo View Post
I was just on your website and saw you also have some tweeter brackets coming that are not yet available. Will these be for the TJ/LJ?

I think your 5 1/4 brackets along with some baffles like this would really improve the sound up front in the TJ.
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=260-786

Check out CDT audio for some very nice drivers. I have a friend that used to be a dealer for them and I believe they were pretty good to work with. Very nice equipment.
Yes, I should have a few sizes available pretty soon. They should actually fit in TJ/LJ/YJ/CJ's per user submitted dimensions online(I only have a TJ to measure stuff from). I am going to test them on a few local Jeeps to ensure this before they go live on the site.

Baffles and polyfil do make noticeable gains in sound quaility, however I don't have the means to make baffles...especially for that cheap! It wouldn't be fair for me to buy them from a distributor like that and charge a markup to cover the shipping I paid when the customer can get them from a reputable manufacture at already reasonable prices. Most guys use polyfil...which is just $3 pillow stuffing that can be bought locally at any craft store/walmart.

I will look into CDT, but a concern I have is paying a buy in for a non-mainstream name brand. In my experience most customers go with Polk, Kicker, or Infinity. It is not good business on my end to stand behind something that I do not personally run(I have Kicker/Polk in my Jeep and Pioneer/Infinity in my truck). I will look them up though, thanks for the info!

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 02-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #24
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

For those looking for more information on CDT per Fargo's post I am attaching a link to there website.
http://cdtstore.com/coaxials/cl5ex.htm

It does look to be very high quality audio equipment. The link is for their lower end coaxial speaker(price range for most people upgrading speakers), however you might want to take a look at their higher end component speakers if you are serious about you sound system

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 02-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #25
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NalinMFG View Post
Yes, I should have a few sizes available pretty soon. They should actually fit in TJ/LJ/YJ/CJ's per user submitted dimensions online(I only have a TJ to measure stuff from). I am going to test them on a few local Jeeps to ensure this before they go live on the site.

Baffles and polyfil do make noticeable gains in sound quaility, however I don't have the means to make baffles...especially for that cheap! It wouldn't be fair for me to buy them from a distributor like that and charge a markup to cover the shipping I paid when the customer can get them from a reputable manufacture at already reasonable prices. Most guys use polyfil...which is just $3 pillow stuffing that can be bought locally at any craft store/walmart.

I will look into CDT, but a concern I have is paying a buy in for a non-mainstream name brand. In my experience most customers go with Polk, Kicker, or Infinity. It is not good business on my end to stand behind something that I do not personally run(I have Kicker/Polk in my Jeep and Pioneer/Infinity in my truck). I will look them up though, thanks for the info!

I look forward to seeing your tweeter mounts hit the market. Will you make hole dimensions available so people can figure out if other brands of tweeters will work?

I completely understand not wanting to carry an unknown speaker company. Most people would likely assume they are some cheap garbage. But I wanted to throw it out there for you. Sometimes those smaller companies will give you better dealer pricing because they are trying to gain market share.

EDIT: I am in no way affiliated with CDT. I've just used them in the past and liked them.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 02-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #26
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I look forward to seeing your tweeter mounts hit the market. Will you make hole dimensions available so people can figure out if other brands of tweeters will work?
Yes, I will actually try to list popular compatible tweeters along with the hole sizes. Most product manuals are available in .pdf form online and they provide the necessary cutout size(It's not a secret...just takes time to find). I have 4 sizes cut as of now...I will see about more/less based on demand.

I have a printable template idea to help customers figure out what size they will need if they do not have calipers or their box does not share the dimensions.

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 02-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #27
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sound great Nalin. Please post on here when the tweeter plates hit the market. I may be interested in a combo deal.
6spd manual

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 02-10-2012, 03:19 PM   #28
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sound great Nalin. Please post on here when the tweeter plates hit the market. I may be interested in a combo deal.
Will do. There will be a combo price offered once they launch.

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 02-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #29
97Heep
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Alright.... So I got my speakers today and the brackets yesterday. I will say I have 2 disappointments but I am very happy and pleased with these brackets and NALIN. The shipping took like no time at all and installation (altho I had no instructions) was pretty straight forward.

1. I was surprised when the brackets arrived unpainted as all the install pictures showed them painted. This is more my problem than NALIN and I in no way think negative about the company just myself.
2. I had to cut off some metal for the speakers to fit. This again is not a fault of NALIN but should be noted you will have to do some cutting on both sides to get the speakers to fit.

Getting ready to paint

Painted with speakers installed

Installed

apologies for the crummy pictures I am to tired to edit them haha. I will say these speakers sound great and these brackets are awesome!! worth the 20 bucks (shipped)
Unread 02-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #30
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Heep View Post
Alright.... So I got my speakers today and the brackets yesterday. I will say I have 2 disappointments but I am very happy and pleased with these brackets and NALIN. The shipping took like no time at all and installation (altho I had no instructions) was pretty straight forward.

1. I was surprised when the brackets arrived unpainted as all the install pictures showed them painted. This is more my problem than NALIN and I in no way think negative about the company just myself.
2. I had to cut off some metal for the speakers to fit. This again is not a fault of NALIN but should be noted you will have to do some cutting on both sides to get the speakers to fit.

Getting ready to paint

Painted with speakers installed

Installed

apologies for the crummy pictures I am to tired to edit them haha. I will say these speakers sound great and these brackets are awesome!! worth the 20 bucks (shipped)
Thanks for the great pictures 97Heep, the blue turned out awesome!
I see where you are coming from with the install instructions, I wish you'd have given me a call if you were needing a little help with it. Until now I have relied on the links on the description page to various customer install threads(because you are correct, it is pretty straight forward!). Every once in a blue moon I will get a call, but I will see what I can do about including a slip of paper with them. I appreciate the input!

I will also enlarge/bold the bare steel and requires cutting part on the page. Those a important enough details that they should stand out from the rest.
I only use customer submitted photo's on the site/ads so you guys know what you are getting (not some picture touched up in photoshop). Red Rubicon(posted above) sent the ones painted red; I will make sure to get some more bare steel pictures up.

I'm glad they turned out they way you wanted, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help you out.

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.