TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 04-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #181
MontyTJ02
2008 JK Wrangler 

I just ordered a set of your speaker brackets. The local car audio place told me its impossible to get a 5.25" speaker into the front of my TJ. I cant wait to show them other wise. Ill post a few pics when I get them installed. Im dying to get the new speakers in so I dont have to listen to crappy audio out of blown speakers!

FireFighter's Jeep Club #84

I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Im getting tired of thinking...guess I'll do some wishful drinking.
MontyTJ02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #182
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyTJ02 View Post
I just ordered a set of your speaker brackets. The local car audio place told me its impossible to get a 5.25" speaker into the front of my TJ. I cant wait to show them other wise. Ill post a few pics when I get them installed. Im dying to get the new speakers in so I dont have to listen to crappy audio out of blown speakers!
They'll go out tomorrow. I also beg to differ

Andrew Nalin
NalinMFG.com
5.25" TJ Speaker Adapters
Facebook Like for a 10% Coupon Code
Connect with me on LinkedIn
NalinMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #183
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

USPS mailman just left with a ton of speaker adapters and tweeter mounts.

Andrew Nalin
NalinMFG.com
Unread 05-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #184
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

More cut, packaged, and ready to ship!

Andrew Nalin
NalinMFG.com
Unread 05-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #185
BigDogTJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

First, thank you for your service. Second, thanks for making a kick @ss product. I am fixing to order up a pair because I'd like to replace my dash speakers in a week or two when I pull my carpet to line my tub. I figure I might as well do this upgrade as well because I have an added on full cage to my stock, and I'm pulling it out to finally paint the thing and it's frame mounts prevent me from accessing the speaker cover screws. Hands down your product is the best on the market and that is what I want. What I'd also like from you is your opinion on what a good set of speakers to go in there are? I am not overly audio savy and am not sure what is a good speaker these days. I have an aftermarket Sony CD player that I installed myself (one of those plug and plays from Quadratec) but do not have an amp. I welcome any advice you have as far as speakers and the difficulty in installing them.
Unread 05-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #186
piglife68TJ99

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogTJ View Post
First, thank you for your service. Second, thanks for making a kick @ss product. I am fixing to order up a pair because I'd like to replace my dash speakers in a week or two when I pull my carpet to line my tub. I figure I might as well do this upgrade as well because I have an added on full cage to my stock, and I'm pulling it out to finally paint the thing and it's frame mounts prevent me from accessing the speaker cover screws. Hands down your product is the best on the market and that is what I want. What I'd also like from you is your opinion on what a good set of speakers to go in there are? I am not overly audio savy and am not sure what is a good speaker these days. I have an aftermarket Sony CD player that I installed myself (one of those plug and plays from Quadratec) but do not have an amp. I welcome any advice you have as far as speakers and the difficulty in installing them.
I bought the 5.25" adapters and the tweeter adapters about 3 weeks or so ago. I picked up some Polk Audio DB 5251's based off the recommendation of Andrew and he was spot on with that recommendation. I took the top and doors off and I can hear the radio very clear going 55-60 mph down the road. Amazon has a good deal for two 5.25"s speakers and tweeters which fit the tweeter adapters. I really am enjoying the Polk audio DB 5251's!!

Born in Detroit, Baptised on the beaches of Normandy.....Jeep!! Legends belong with legends.
piglife68TJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 08:02 AM   #187
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogTJ View Post
Thank you . I have no affiliation with any speaker brand or electronic website, but I have been turning people towards the DB521 for 5.25" speakers, and the DB5251 for components. It's hard to match Polk's quality at those prices...and they're marine rated. Amazon has had the best prices lately.
Installation is VERY simple since your TJ is an 05 (no cutting required for 03-06). Unbolt the factory speakers, bolt the new ones to the adapters, bolt adapter into jeep, hook up 2 wires(plug and play adapter for sale on amazon if you are not comfortable crimping/splicing), and turn the radio on. You can always call/text me and I'll walk you through anything you might need help with.

Andrew Nalin
NalinMFG.com
Unread 05-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #188
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

If you ordered this weekend, or this morning...the mailman already has them.

Andrew Nalin
NalinMFG.com
Unread 05-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #189
RX4ROCS
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quick, but possibly dumb question, but since I like to keep things as simple as possible and I'm no audiophile, what's the advantage of the DB5251 (component) vs. the DB521 (combination) speaker? And if it's a sound quality reason, is there that big of a difference in quality to warrant the additional wiring and crossover? Just asking so I know whether to order just the plate or the plates and tweeter mounts. Thanks!!
RX4ROCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #190
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just order some of these along with a whole audio system. Alpine CDE-121, Polk DB521, Polk DB651, and the Alpine PowerPack.
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #191
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Installed the Polks ($114 on amazon) like everyone suggest with the Nalin adapters and what a sweet setup. Thank You for this inexpensive yet very nice modification.

north50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #192
piglife68TJ99

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by north50 View Post
Installed the Polks ($114 on amazon) like everyone suggest with the Nalin adapters and what a sweet setup. Thank You for this inexpensive yet very nice modification.

I am loving the Polk audio DB 5251's!!!!! I have the top and doors off and when I jam out it is clear even going 55-60mph on the highway. Good choice you won't be disappointed.

Born in Detroit, Baptised on the beaches of Normandy.....Jeep!! Legends belong with legends.
piglife68TJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #193
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX4ROCS View Post
Quick, but possibly dumb question, but since I like to keep things as simple as possible and I'm no audiophile, what's the advantage of the DB5251 (component) vs. the DB521 (combination) speaker? And if it's a sound quality reason, is there that big of a difference in quality to warrant the additional wiring and crossover? Just asking so I know whether to order just the plate or the plates and tweeter mounts. Thanks!!
This is a very helpful video regarding that topic:

Andrew Nalin
NalinMFG.com
Unread 05-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #194
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

The biggest reason for components in the front is to get the tweeters out of the dash. The dash is muffling and the grills point sound downward.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #195
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Would you consider additional or custom sized tweeter mounts in the future? I ordered the closest thing I thought would work for my Cadence tweeters and they still didn't fit. I hillbilly rigged them with glue.

P.s. - I'm the guy who's post you put on facebook after you sent me speaker plates instead of the tweeter plates, and then sent me my tweeter plates and let me keep the speaker ones. Thanks again for that, loving both products.

Looking for: Fan shroud, interior 03-06 plastic windshield trim. PM me.
TroubleNEO is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.