TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

KrawlOff-Road.com Jeep Beach SaleFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 04-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #166
piglife68TJ99

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Will do!!! On. My way home to get started.

Born in Detroit, Baptised on the beaches of Normandy.....Jeep!! Legends belong with legends.
piglife68TJ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #167
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglife68TJ99 View Post
Will do!!! On. My way home to get started.

Andrew Nalin
NalinMFG.com
5.25" TJ Speaker Adapters
Facebook Like for a 10% Coupon Code
Connect with me on LinkedIn
NalinMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #168
boots1
2006 TJ Wrangler 

hey Nalin, i saw on your FB page that you had a drawing of a tramp stamp. I currently have 1 installed with another company's name on it but would like to get 1 with rubicon cut into it. I would have to give you the bolt hole locations that i used as well. would you be interested in doing it and what would it run me? if i shouldnt be posting this here i apoligize. also thumbs up on the adapters, i have a set from a year or so ago.

thanks
boots
boots1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #169
piglife68TJ99

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Driver side pics of the Polk Audio DB 5251's. Decided to use the crossover that it came with. I attached the crossover to the metal piece that is under the plastic piece where your knees are as you sit in the jeep. Thanks to Andrew for the great tech support.

img_3739.jpg

img_3740.jpg

img_3748.jpg

Born in Detroit, Baptised on the beaches of Normandy.....Jeep!! Legends belong with legends.
Unread 04-20-2012, 09:51 PM   #170
piglife68TJ99

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Here is the passenger side speakers. Attached the crossover on the metal piece right above the glovebox. The sound is outstanding!!!! Can't wait to cruise it tomorrow and test it out with the doors off!!!!! Thanks again Andrew!!!

img_3751.jpg

img_3757.jpg

img_3750.jpg

Unread 04-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #171
piglife68TJ99

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Oh btw........who needs poly fill. I just used some old kids clothes that were gonna be rags anyway, momma didn't have an extra pillow for me to use the stuffing in it. Same concept right? LOL

Unread 04-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #172
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh btw........who needs poly fill. I just used some old kids clothes that were gonna be rags anyway, momma didn't have an extra pillow for me to you the stuffing in it. Same concept right? LOL
So you own a camera, eh?

I'm glad everything worked out for you, the old clothes idea is pretty slick

Andrew Nalin
NalinMFG.com
Unread 04-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #173
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots1 View Post
hey Nalin, i saw on your FB page that you had a drawing of a tramp stamp. I currently have 1 installed with another company's name on it but would like to get 1 with rubicon cut into it. I would have to give you the bolt hole locations that i used as well. would you be interested in doing it and what would it run me? if i shouldnt be posting this here i apoligize. also thumbs up on the adapters, i have a set from a year or so ago.

thanks
boots
PM on the way. Thanks for following NalinMFG on Facebook!

Andrew Nalin
NalinMFG.com
Unread 04-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #174
piglife68TJ99

1999 TJ Wrangler 

It is my old lady's camera. LOL

Unread 04-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #175
Kevlar49
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hey all,

I'm not usually someone who writes up a lot of reviews, but I absolutely had to post up some praise for Nalin, because when they say "Unmatched Customer Service" they really mean it!

I ordered the TJ speaker adapters and tweeter mounts a few weeks ago, and just recently got around to installing everything. (Sidenote: incredibly fast shipping and great service from Nalin - I placed the order around 3 PM, and it was shipped out the same day. I'm not very far from Evansville, so USPS had them in my mailbox the very next day. Awesome!). After swapping out my stock headunit for an Alpine CDA-9887 and replacing the roll-bar pod speakers in my 03 TJ with Polk MM651's (-huge- improvement over the 5.25" Alpine coaxials that came with the Jeep), I finally got around to installing the front components (Polk DB5251's). I put off the install for a while because my TJ has a Poison Spyder Trail Cage, and the A-pillar gusset panels cover the two screws that hold the speaker cover dash panel in place . That means I had to completely unbolt the entire roll cage and hoist it up about a foot in order to gain access to those screws. What a royal pain! Definitely a weekend project.

I shot the speaker adapters with a few coats of black paint to protect against rust and mounted the mids in the adapters using some polyfill-stuff boom mats. My only small hiccup was that, with the addition of the boom mat, the fasteners supplied with the speaker mounts weren't long enough, so I had to pick up some slightly longer bolts (suggestion: maybe longer bolts could be an option on checkout?). After finally gaining access to, and removing, the stock speakers (several hours later...), I found that I didn't have to trim any metal behind the dash for the new speakers to fit, which was nice (I think because my TJ came with the 'premium audio' 7-speaker system with the larger sealed speaker pods).

Next, I went to mount the tweeters using the Nalin mounts. Got the left side in without issue (super simple install), and then went to mount the right side. Uh-oh. Something was amiss. Somehow I had been sent two driver's side mounts . Called up Andrew and explained the issue. He apologized and said he would get the correct adapter in the mail ASAP. Cool. But, unfortunately, I had already paid to have the mounts powdercoated... I don't think they cost much to have coated (I had them done with a batch of about 14 parts, so I'm not sure the individual cost), but I didn't want to have to come out of pocket to have another mount coated. I asked if I could just have a refund issued for whatever the cost of coating the new mount was, and was told that wouldn't be a problem.

In the mean-time, I threw the 'wrong' adapter in a vice, grabbed a hammer, and reversed the bend so that I could at least finish mounting the tweeter. It ended up a little wonky, but the tweeter still fit, so overall a success. Shortly after I finished, I got a message from Andrew with a picture of two tweeter mounts. He told me he was sending two passenger-side mounts, so that I had one to use while the other was being coated, and that I was welcome to sell the 'extra' set afterwards. WOW! Totally beyond expectations, and an extremely thoughtful offer. I replied that there was no need for the second mount, as I had already 'ruined' the extra driver's side mount to use it in the mean-time, so I wouldn't be able to sell it anyway (but thanks for the offer!). Andrew also refunded the whole purchase price of the mounts, which was way beyond what I expected.

Two days later, a package showed up from USPS. Inside, I found a replacement passenger-side mount, as well as a second complete set of tweeter mounts!! At this point, I was almost dumbstruck by the level of customer service at Nalin. All shops make mistakes every once in a while, but it's what they do to resolve the problem that truly sets them apart. Not only does Nalin sell some awesome products at a very reasonable price, but their customer service should be a model for other shops to follow.

As for the actual product, the imaging from the tweeter locations is a huge improvement. The tweeters sit perfectly just behind the roll-cage, which helps protect them from errant feet, and hides them from the outside when the doors are off. Combined with the 6.5" rears, my Jeep has gone from, frankly, a terrible sound system, to 'acceptable' (I know it will never come close to my Subaru, but it's not meant to be an audiophile-grade setup. It's a Jeep.) Once I add an amp, I think the speakers will really come to life, and I'll be able to consider the system 'good.' Certainly good enough to blast with the top off at 60, and that's all I need!
Kevlar49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #176
piglife68TJ99

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar49 View Post
Hey all,

I'm not usually someone who writes up a lot of reviews, but I absolutely had to post up some praise for Nalin, because when they say "Unmatched Customer Service" they really mean it!

I ordered the TJ speaker adapters and tweeter mounts a few weeks ago, and just recently got around to installing everything. (Sidenote: incredibly fast shipping and great service from Nalin - I placed the order around 3 PM, and it was shipped out the same day. I'm not very far from Evansville, so USPS had them in my mailbox the very next day. Awesome!). After swapping out my stock headunit for an Alpine CDA-9887 and replacing the roll-bar pod speakers in my 03 TJ with Polk MM651's (-huge- improvement over the 5.25" Alpine coaxials that came with the Jeep), I finally got around to installing the front components (Polk DB5251's). I put off the install for a while because my TJ has a Poison Spyder Trail Cage, and the A-pillar gusset panels cover the two screws that hold the speaker cover dash panel in place . That means I had to completely unbolt the entire roll cage and hoist it up about a foot in order to gain access to those screws. What a royal pain! Definitely a weekend project.

I shot the speaker adapters with a few coats of black paint to protect against rust and mounted the mids in the adapters using some polyfill-stuff boom mats. My only small hiccup was that, with the addition of the boom mat, the fasteners supplied with the speaker mounts weren't long enough, so I had to pick up some slightly longer bolts (suggestion: maybe longer bolts could be an option on checkout?). After finally gaining access to, and removing, the stock speakers (several hours later...), I found that I didn't have to trim any metal behind the dash for the new speakers to fit, which was nice (I think because my TJ came with the 'premium audio' 7-speaker system with the larger sealed speaker pods).

Next, I went to mount the tweeters using the Nalin mounts. Got the left side in without issue (super simple install), and then went to mount the right side. Uh-oh. Something was amiss. Somehow I had been sent two driver's side mounts . Called up Andrew and explained the issue. He apologized and said he would get the correct adapter in the mail ASAP. Cool. But, unfortunately, I had already paid to have the mounts powdercoated... I don't think they cost much to have coated (I had them done with a batch of about 14 parts, so I'm not sure the individual cost), but I didn't want to have to come out of pocket to have another mount coated. I asked if I could just have a refund issued for whatever the cost of coating the new mount was, and was told that wouldn't be a problem.

In the mean-time, I threw the 'wrong' adapter in a vice, grabbed a hammer, and reversed the bend so that I could at least finish mounting the tweeter. It ended up a little wonky, but the tweeter still fit, so overall a success. Shortly after I finished, I got a message from Andrew with a picture of two tweeter mounts. He told me he was sending two passenger-side mounts, so that I had one to use while the other was being coated, and that I was welcome to sell the 'extra' set afterwards. WOW! Totally beyond expectations, and an extremely thoughtful offer. I replied that there was no need for the second mount, as I had already 'ruined' the extra driver's side mount to use it in the mean-time, so I wouldn't be able to sell it anyway (but thanks for the offer!). Andrew also refunded the whole purchase price of the mounts, which was way beyond what I expected.

Two days later, a package showed up from USPS. Inside, I found a replacement passenger-side mount, as well as a second complete set of tweeter mounts!! At this point, I was almost dumbstruck by the level of customer service at Nalin. All shops make mistakes every once in a while, but it's what they do to resolve the problem that truly sets them apart. Not only does Nalin sell some awesome products at a very reasonable price, but their customer service should be a model for other shops to follow.

As for the actual product, the imaging from the tweeter locations is a huge improvement. The tweeters sit perfectly just behind the roll-cage, which helps protect them from errant feet, and hides them from the outside when the doors are off. Combined with the 6.5" rears, my Jeep has gone from, frankly, a terrible sound system, to 'acceptable' (I know it will never come close to my Subaru, but it's not meant to be an audiophile-grade setup. It's a Jeep.) Once I add an amp, I think the speakers will really come to life, and I'll be able to consider the system 'good.' Certainly good enough to blast with the top off at 60, and that's all I need!
I totally agree with you!!!!! Had a brain fart and was trying to figure out how to connect the tweeters, so I text Andrew. Figuring I would get a text back.......he ended up calling me! He gave me a few ideas and was more than willing to be of assistance. I installed the DB5251's with the crossovers and it is a great improvement over what I had previously. (see pics that I posted last night) outstanding customer service. Others should strive to be this way. I will definitely get the word out to all the Jeepers here in eastern N.C. At the go topless day in May!!!

Unread 04-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #177
north50

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ordered the speaker and tweeter brackets for Polk 5251's I have coming. Will put up some pictures when installed. Thanks for the great products, can't wait to have some real speakers in the heep.
north50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #178
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I am humbled by your kind words...that's how it should always be.

north50, your stuff is waiting on the mailman.

Anyone have an oxidized or smashed license plate holder on their Jeep? I don't.

I will have these on the website this week. There will be no logo cut into them though...I just did this one for brand recognition in the picture...and who knows, maybe I'll do custom designs in the future

Andrew Nalin
NalinMFG.com
Unread 04-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #179
piglife68TJ99

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NalinMFG View Post
I am humbled by your kind words...that's how it should always be.

north50, your stuff is waiting on the mailman.

Anyone have an oxidized or smashed license plate holder on their Jeep? I don't.

I will have these on the website this week. There will be no logo cut into them though...I just did this one for brand recognition in the picture...and who knows, maybe I'll do custom designs in the future
Awesome idea!!!

Unread 04-22-2012, 07:52 PM   #180
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Awesome idea!!!
I really can't take full credit, the JK world has something similar for their vent covers.

Andrew Nalin
NalinMFG.com

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.