Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #46
76flh
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76flh View Post
i have been watching this thread about the bumper. it is very clean looking and would complement your drop down tailgate i am putting on my jeep now.i only need to find or make another tire carrier that would go with it. i don't want one that drops down because with the drop down tailgate it would be in the way. i am drawing one up that will mount were the stock tailgate mounted to the tub and will latch on the other side. maybe you could give me some persuasion to get the bumper with the hitch and safety chain hook up and frame tie ends , all welded.
troy, i know the price is 349.95 welded. can you pm me with how much more for adding a place to hook the safety chain up. i would get it unwelded but you weld much better then me and for the extra amount it is worth it. do i need the frame tie ends with this bumper. thanks, tracy

76flh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 11:09 AM   #47
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76flh View Post
troy, i know the price is 349.95 welded. can you pm me with how much more for adding a place to hook the safety chain up. i would get it unwelded but you weld much better then me and for the extra amount it is worth it. do i need the frame tie ends with this bumper. thanks, tracy
The frame tie ins are not mandatory, however they really do provide additional support to the rear of your Jeep, right next to the tow points where you need it the most.

I have a few extra safety chain weldable tabs. Go ahead and order up the bumper off the website as normal and I will add the tabs free of charge.

Sound good?

Thanks for Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Swagoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #48
76flh
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagoffroad View Post
The frame tie ins are not mandatory, however they really do provide additional support to the rear of your Jeep, right next to the tow points where you need it the most.

I have a few extra safety chain weldable tabs. Go ahead and order up the bumper off the website as normal and I will add the tabs free of charge.

Sound good?

Thanks for Troy
Troy, i just placed a order for the bumper and frame tie ends. i left a short note about the safety chain tabs. thanks for adding them. i work at the university of tn.and there are alot of jeeps there that are going to see your drop down tailgate and rear bumper when i get it all put on.thanks for the great service. Tracy
76flh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2011, 03:53 AM   #49
Mekg
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have order the bumper this morning!

Last edited by Mekg; 10-21-2011 at 12:09 PM..
Mekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 11:46 AM   #50
SKINUM
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Nice bumper, is it best too have the frame tie ins welded or simply bolt them in place? Any sales on this bumper in the near future?
SKINUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #51
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINUM View Post
Nice bumper, is it best too have the frame tie ins welded or simply bolt them in place? Any sales on this bumper in the near future?
Personally I am a big fan of welding items on the Jeep that I never have intentions of taking off again, however in this case I would bolt them up as if it is a really hard location to access if you ever did need to remove them.

As for sales, Swag does not offer sales on the items we sell. We specialize in a great products at a fair price with excellent customer service. I'm not a big fan of marking thing 10% up just to mark them down with a forum discount 10%.

Thanks Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 11-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #52
SKINUM
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Personally I am a big fan of welding items on the Jeep that I never have intentions of taking off again, however in this case I would bolt them up as if it is a really hard location to access if you ever did need to remove them.

As for sales, Swag does not offer sales on the items we sell. We specialize in a great products at a fair price with excellent customer service. I'm not a big fan of marking thing 10% up just to mark them down with a forum discount 10%.

Thanks Troy
Are the frame tie ins included with a bumper purchase?
SKINUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2011, 02:36 PM   #53
dmchenry35

That sure is nice, Looks like I might have to start saving for it
Unread 11-16-2011, 03:53 PM   #54
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINUM View Post
Are the frame tie ins included with a bumper purchase?
The frame tie ins are not included with the purchase of the bumper, they are a separate item available on the website.

Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 12-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #55
Jtrux
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Just ordered mine, i'll post some pics when it's completed. I ordered the unwelded version.
Unread 01-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #56
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

We have the Bit hit TJ-YJ rear bumpers in stock.

Thanks for the orders.

Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 03-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #57
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Swag Off Road Giveaway,

Our friend Jody over at Welding Tips & Tricks recently devised a plan and provided a great demo video showing how to weld up our TJ-YJ Big Hit Rear Bumper using the new Hobart 210 MPV mig welder. This fully welded bumper will be given away at random through our Facebook page on March 9th @ 5:00 PM.

In order to be signed up for this giveaway you must like all three companies Facebook page and or a Swag product video or picture submission featuring Swag products in/on your shop or on your Jeep.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Swag-O...19385238080865

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hobart...78150788901139

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Weldin...29816140436904

1. "Share" This Post On Your Wall!
2. "Like" all three companies linked above, or post a picture/video of your SWAG product in action.
3."Comment" Under Here That You Did Everything!

Please check your own Facebook wall to make sure the share worked. We won't police all the entries but we'll check the winner just to make sure it was done. Good luck to every one!

Thanks Troy.

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 03-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #58
hvaceric
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Any pictures of the bumper with the safety chain tabs welded on?
hvaceric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #59
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvaceric View Post
Any pictures of the bumper with the safety chain tabs welded on?
I don't I have only done a couple as they are intalled on a case my case basis. Essentially there are two 1/4" tabs welded to the receiver and the side of the bumper. They are mounted high as to avoid trail damage or acting as an anhor.

Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 03-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #60
hvaceric
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I don't I have only done a couple as they are intalled on a case my case basis. Essentially there are two 1/4" tabs welded to the receiver and the side of the bumper. They are mounted high as to avoid trail damage or acting as an anhor.

Troy
Thanks. That was the info I was looking for. How much to weld the tabs on? And how far out does the receiver stick from the bumper surface?

Last edited by hvaceric; 03-04-2012 at 07:33 PM..
hvaceric is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.