Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #31
rnorma1
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I find myself looking at this bumper more and more!

I'm guessing the hitch mount is intended for accessories (racks, bike mounts etc) officially since there is no safety chain holes?

Are their any provisions for frame tie ins by any chance?

rnorma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2011, 08:14 AM   #32
04_Sahara_Man
2004 TJ Wrangler 

He as them on his site.
In Pennsylvania, fun is illegal
Xbox live GT - TheExecutive00
Tama, Paiste, DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth....yes I go boom boom!
04_Sahara_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 11:13 PM   #33
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the orders.

We have the big hit bumpers in stock ready to ship out.

Thanks Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Swagoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 02:32 AM   #34
smithy000

Nice very good. How much is it?
smithy000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 08:19 AM   #35
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy000 View Post
Nice very good. How much is it?
There are a few different options listed with this bumper.

Click on the link below for pricing.

http://www.swagoffroad.com/Big_Hit_T...ar_Bumper.html

Thanks Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 08-03-2011, 12:22 AM   #36
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks again for the orders guys, just a reminder you can purchase this bumper with out tube work or receiver hitch if your looking for a very simple rear bumper and or a starting platform to attach a swing down tire carrier.

We have the bumpers in stock ready to ship out.

Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 08-03-2011, 05:29 AM   #37
Erik T.
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Man I love your products, this is a must have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Hack work? :rofl: You just described half the modified jeeps on this board.
Erik T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 02:54 AM   #38
Neeglik
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I read on the tailgate thread that you were considering a tire carrier integration. Any updates on that?

BTW, I like the rear bumper a lot. It's on my list along with the tailgate conversion. Just waiting on money....
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2001-tj-first-timer-1259877/
Neeglik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2011, 11:54 AM   #39
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeglik View Post
I read on the tailgate thread that you were considering a tire carrier integration. Any updates on that?

BTW, I like the rear bumper a lot. It's on my list along with the tailgate conversion. Just waiting on money....
Let me know if you need any persuasion on the rear bumper and or tailgate conversion kit.

As for the TJ rear tire carrier it has been put on hold for a while as I am trying to stay focused on the core items currently listed on our website. It on my long list of things to do.

Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 09-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #40
76flh
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagoffroad View Post
Let me know if you need any persuasion on the rear bumper and or tailgate conversion kit.

As for the TJ rear tire carrier it has been put on hold for a while as I am trying to stay focused on the core items currently listed on our website. It on my long list of things to do.

Troy
i have been watching this thread about the bumper. it is very clean looking and would complement your drop down tailgate i am putting on my jeep now.i only need to find or make another tire carrier that would go with it. i don't want one that drops down because with the drop down tailgate it would be in the way. i am drawing one up that will mount were the stock tailgate mounted to the tub and will latch on the other side. maybe you could give me some persuasion to get the bumper with the hitch and safety chain hook up and frame tie ends , all welded.
76flh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #41
ColoradoCole
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Troy,

I have a few questions, would it be possible to have you put a larger tube on instead of the 1.50, i currently have 2.25 tube as my roof-rack and front bumper and would like to keep everything in unison, PM me what it would cost you to do this please. Also, would you be able to take a few pictures of the bumper with a hitch installed and with the pin in.

Thanks

Cole
ColoradoCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 09:36 AM   #42
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCole View Post
Troy,

I have a few questions, would it be possible to have you put a larger tube on instead of the 1.50, i currently have 2.25 tube as my roof-rack and front bumper and would like to keep everything in unison, PM me what it would cost you to do this please. Also, would you be able to take a few pictures of the bumper with a hitch installed and with the pin in.

Thanks

Cole
Cole.

I don't have any way to bend 2.25" tube and the cost of producing a one off bumper would be cost prohibitive, as that is a non standard piece of tubing for the aftermarket Jeep fabrication guys.

Troy

Visit us on Facebook
Unread 09-21-2011, 11:13 AM   #43
ColoradoCole
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry about that but that was a typo. 2.25 i dunno what i was thinking i just went back out and re measured the tube and its 1.50
Unread 09-21-2011, 11:15 AM   #44
ColoradoCole
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Im planning on getting the rear bumper and the body mounts, i was wondering did you weld the back side of the mount and on top of the frame?
Unread 09-21-2011, 03:23 PM   #45
Swagoffroad
Vendor
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoCole View Post
Im planning on getting the rear bumper and the body mounts, i was wondering did you weld the back side of the mount and on top of the frame?

You are only able to weld the 3 exposed sides of the body mount. Assuming you have a body lift installed the top plate is higher than the fame and with it being sealed you are not able to weld the inside of the body mount to the frame when installed.

Since the Swag body mounts are 3X as thick and have much more surface area that the factory mounts strength and or fear of the welds breaking off the frame will never be an issue.

Troy

Visit us on Facebook

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.