Something for Fun, Mostly ;) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Something for Fun, Mostly ;)

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 09-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
Dan Fredrickson
Vendor

Something for Fun, Mostly ;)

I know this isn't original but I can claim I was there the first time it was used!

I was working as a river guide in the Grand Canyon and we put in at Lees Ferry below Glen Canyon Dam and Lake Powell. Well, at Lees Ferry there was a huge water tower and it was just ugly. In the midst of the spectacular Vermillion Cliffs there was an incredibly ugly water tower.

My "friend", whose name shall remain a secret in case he is still doing a trip now and then , well he just didn't like that tower and one night before we put on the water he climbed the tower and painted this smily face with sunglasses on the tower. It really looked good, he was well prepared with a stencil and everything. The park service didn't like the face and repainted it 3 times and he kept repainting the face over a few years until they put a fence tall enough around the tower that he no longer could... So anyone else using this smily face is copying a friend of mine and at least I have some kind of connection!

Anyway, we are making these in a couple of variations and with or without a backing plate. You can leave room for the vent opening or close it up and they run from $27.50 on up. They are unpainted so you can match it up to your rig but I prefer painting it yellow on black, call me traditional

We can also sell the backing plate alone if you only want a cover with holes for the license plate...

And here are a couple of other variations...

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/R1721.html

Sales & Tech 916.600.1945
Dan Fredrickson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #2
Dan Fredrickson
Vendor

Worth a bump!
Sales & Tech 916.600.1945
Dan Fredrickson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2014, 08:10 PM   #3
Timeless
1987 MJ Comanche 

Make a "flipoff2" and I will buy it.
Timeless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
ac vent , tail gate , tailgate , vent

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.