Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

39K views 276 replies 4 participants last post by  Dan Fredrickson 
#1 · (Edited)
First off I should explain my thoughts so this dosen't sound too strange to you guys.

A few years ago I started seeing brackets that completely disregarded all the rules about Link Suspensinons as we knew them to be. The changes that have come to be accepted as the way to do it no longer care about seperation, not vertical or linear. Did those rules change overnight? No, they didn't. What changed was a few companies saw a way to make things easier, for them and the many people that bought into the idea. Now every company making anything for link suspensions has these. Why don't we?

We do not make a combination upper/lower link bracket with 4" (or less) of vertical seperation and no inches of linear seperation. I simply do not agree with it. It certainly makes installations easier but it also limits you to only what you can do using that type of bracket.

Our Link Brackets are not holding you to any pre-determined limits. Our Link Brackets ALLOW you to make your rig work as well as you can design it. Not limiting you in any way.

I know I am going to get some flack for this but I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion and this is mine. Anyway here they are, our new 4 Link Kits!

For Framed Rigs

This is it, everything in one package for a great price, and not low end stuff just to be cheap either! The kit is wrapped around 8 of our 1.25" Heat & Cryo Treated 78,000lb+ RSL Chromoly Heims with Stainless High Misalignment, Zink Plated Jam nuts, and 1.5" Tube ID Weld Bungs. Not a cartridge type joint in sight.

The Upper Frame brackets are our 25 degree 5 way Adjustable link brackets. The Lower Frame brackets are our venerable Chassis Link brackets, time tested and proven for optimum performance.

For the axle end we have our Axle Mount Link brackets and our New Truss that we have refined for additional strength while shedding uneeded pounds. On the Truss we keep it simple with 4 of our 3/8" thick Flat Bottomed Link Tabs.

For Tube Chassis Rigs

Everything on the axle is the same as the other but the tube side is different.

The Upper Chassis brackets are our 10-35 Degree 5 Way Adjustable Tube Mount Link brackets. The Lower Chassis brackets are 10-35 Degree 3 way Adjustable Tube Mount Link brackets for optimum performance.

The only choice you need to make is if the Truss needs to span a Large third member (D60, D70, 14 Bolt, Sterling, Eaton, Dodge 9.75, etc...) or a Medium sized third member (Ford 8.8, D44, Ford 9", Toyota, etc...). If you want to make more changes give us a call and we can see what we can do!

These are on Special @ $722.50 for the framed and $663 for the tubed as you see them, about 15% less Than normal prices...

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/34LINK.html

See less See more
#13 ·
yep,

So what is the max vertical seperation you can get with this kit? Isnt it best to have as close to parallel uppers and lowers as possible?

What do find wrong with the cartridge joints? I like currie joints so far, they seem to stay tight for a long time.
The maximum is however much you want, however with a stock frame and not knowing tire sizes I really couldn't tell you but a horizontal upper has its benefits...

I actually like Curry joints, great on the street and long lasting but heims do provide 3 degrees more articulation and are stronger. My real intention is to guide people to a joint that uses a larger bolt to eliminate the weak points...

#15 ·
I had to read this a couple of times to understand where you were coming from...The bracket can be mounted at an angle upwards also making the limit ~8", enough for a 42" tire using basic calculations, if you are using a larger tire you would obviously be willing to make some modifications. However, that is why we are more than willing to modify the kit in any way...:)

#17 ·
Yesterday I told Garett & Brian to bring in the '89 we have sitting out on the side of the shop. It will be a few weeks before we clear the shop enough of other projects to get it inside but we plan some big things for it!

A coilover tower system that invades the "just behind the seat area" but reseals it up all in the same kit. It will also include a unibody reinforcement for the upper inside area of the unirails where the uppers would have to go.

A coil spring option is being talked about but thats easy compared to the coilover issue...

So to answer your question, Yes we have some plans for the XJ :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.