The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 01-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #1
Dan Fredrickson
Vendor

The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

First off I should explain my thoughts so this dosen't sound too strange to you guys.

A few years ago I started seeing brackets that completely disregarded all the rules about Link Suspensinons as we knew them to be. The changes that have come to be accepted as the way to do it no longer care about seperation, not vertical or linear. Did those rules change overnight? No, they didn't. What changed was a few companies saw a way to make things easier, for them and the many people that bought into the idea. Now every company making anything for link suspensions has these. Why don't we?

We do not make a combination upper/lower link bracket with 4" (or less) of vertical seperation and no inches of linear seperation. I simply do not agree with it. It certainly makes installations easier but it also limits you to only what you can do using that type of bracket.

Our Link Brackets are not holding you to any pre-determined limits. Our Link Brackets ALLOW you to make your rig work as well as you can design it. Not limiting you in any way.

I know I am going to get some flack for this but I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion and this is mine. Anyway here they are, our new 4 Link Kits!

For Framed Rigs

This is it, everything in one package for a great price, and not low end stuff just to be cheap either! The kit is wrapped around 8 of our 1.25" Heat & Cryo Treated 78,000lb+ RSL Chromoly Heims with Stainless High Misalignment, Zink Plated Jam nuts, and 1.5" Tube ID Weld Bungs. Not a cartridge type joint in sight.

The Upper Frame brackets are our 25 degree 5 way Adjustable link brackets. The Lower Frame brackets are our venerable Chassis Link brackets, time tested and proven for optimum performance.

For the axle end we have our Axle Mount Link brackets and our New Truss that we have refined for additional strength while shedding uneeded pounds. On the Truss we keep it simple with 4 of our 3/8" thick Flat Bottomed Link Tabs.

For Tube Chassis Rigs

Everything on the axle is the same as the other but the tube side is different.

The Upper Chassis brackets are our 10-35 Degree 5 Way Adjustable Tube Mount Link brackets. The Lower Chassis brackets are 10-35 Degree 3 way Adjustable Tube Mount Link brackets for optimum performance.

The only choice you need to make is if the Truss needs to span a Large third member (D60, D70, 14 Bolt, Sterling, Eaton, Dodge 9.75, etc...) or a Medium sized third member (Ford 8.8, D44, Ford 9", Toyota, etc...). If you want to make more changes give us a call and we can see what we can do!

These are on Special @ $722.50 for the framed and $663 for the tubed as you see them, about 15% less Than normal prices...

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/34LINK.html

Sales & Tech 916.600.1945

Last edited by Dan Fredrickson; 07-11-2011 at 08:57 PM..
Dan Fredrickson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
Dan Fredrickson
Vendor

The right way to go, with real Heim joints rather than a lesser substitute to keep the cost down! A four link just isn't that difficult, think for yourself and do it right!
Unread 02-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
Dan Fredrickson
Vendor

And build season is underway, all of you locked down for this huge storm should spend the time in the garage! Everything has its benefits.
Unread 03-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
Dan Fredrickson
Vendor

Its time to get it in gear!
Unread 03-09-2011, 12:36 AM   #5
Dan Fredrickson
Vendor

Where do the companies that advertise here get all the time to update posts'?

We are busy 7 days a week and I am lucky if I even get here 3 times a week
Unread 03-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #6
Dan Fredrickson
Vendor

It that time of week again
Unread 03-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #7
Dan Fredrickson
Vendor

You can either be just like the crowd or you can think for yourself, you make the choice!
Unread 03-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #8
Dan Fredrickson
Vendor

Its raining here so its time to get in the garage everywhere Time to do it up for this season!
Unread 03-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
Dan Fredrickson
Vendor

Spring is almost here and its now or what? Next year? Get it in gear and do it now
Unread 03-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #10
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

red writing is blinding me.

Want to STOP?

Edited
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #11
Dan Fredrickson
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
red writing is blinding me.
Is it better now?
Unread 03-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #12
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

yep,

So what is the max vertical seperation you can get with this kit? Isnt it best to have as close to parallel uppers and lowers as possible?

What do find wrong with the cartridge joints? I like currie joints so far, they seem to stay tight for a long time.

Want to STOP?

Edited
Unread 03-19-2011, 07:57 PM   #13
Dan Fredrickson
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
yep,

So what is the max vertical seperation you can get with this kit? Isnt it best to have as close to parallel uppers and lowers as possible?

What do find wrong with the cartridge joints? I like currie joints so far, they seem to stay tight for a long time.
The maximum is however much you want, however with a stock frame and not knowing tire sizes I really couldn't tell you but a horizontal upper has its benefits...

I actually like Curry joints, great on the street and long lasting but heims do provide 3 degrees more articulation and are stronger. My real intention is to guide people to a joint that uses a larger bolt to eliminate the weak points...
Unread 03-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #14
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

unless you want to put a spacer in between the frame and the lower control arm mount it looks like there is a limit to vertical seperation due to the way the upper control arm mount goes on the frame.
normal_adjustable-20upper-202.jpg  

Want to STOP?

Edited
Unread 03-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #15
Dan Fredrickson
Vendor

I had to read this a couple of times to understand where you were coming from...The bracket can be mounted at an angle upwards also making the limit ~8", enough for a 42" tire using basic calculations, if you are using a larger tire you would obviously be willing to make some modifications. However, that is why we are more than willing to modify the kit in any way...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.