JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Vendor Display (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/)
-   -   The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/ruffstuff-not-universal-4-link-kit-1159622/)

Dan Fredrickson 01-27-2011 11:03 AM

The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

First off I should explain my thoughts so this dosen't sound too strange to you guys.

A few years ago I started seeing brackets that completely disregarded all the rules about Link Suspensinons as we knew them to be. The changes that have come to be accepted as the way to do it no longer care about seperation, not vertical or linear. Did those rules change overnight? No, they didn't. What changed was a few companies saw a way to make things easier, for them and the many people that bought into the idea. Now every company making anything for link suspensions has these. Why don't we?

We do not make a combination upper/lower link bracket with 4" (or less) of vertical seperation and no inches of linear seperation. I simply do not agree with it. It certainly makes installations easier but it also limits you to only what you can do using that type of bracket.

Our Link Brackets are not holding you to any pre-determined limits. Our Link Brackets ALLOW you to make your rig work as well as you can design it. Not limiting you in any way.

I know I am going to get some flack for this but I believe everyone is entitled to an opinion and this is mine. Anyway here they are, our new 4 Link Kits!

For Framed Rigs

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...20kit%20SS.jpg

This is it, everything in one package for a great price, and not low end stuff just to be cheap either! The kit is wrapped around 8 of our 1.25" Heat & Cryo Treated 78,000lb+ RSL Chromoly Heims with Stainless High Misalignment, Zink Plated Jam nuts, and 1.5" Tube ID Weld Bungs. Not a cartridge type joint in sight.

The Upper Frame brackets are our 25 degree 5 way Adjustable link brackets. The Lower Frame brackets are our venerable Chassis Link brackets, time tested and proven for optimum performance.

For the axle end we have our Axle Mount Link brackets and our New Truss that we have refined for additional strength while shedding uneeded pounds. On the Truss we keep it simple with 4 of our 3/8" thick Flat Bottomed Link Tabs.

For Tube Chassis Rigs

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...kit%20tube.jpg

Everything on the axle is the same as the other but the tube side is different.

The Upper Chassis brackets are our 10-35 Degree 5 Way Adjustable Tube Mount Link brackets. The Lower Chassis brackets are 10-35 Degree 3 way Adjustable Tube Mount Link brackets for optimum performance.

The only choice you need to make is if the Truss needs to span a Large third member (D60, D70, 14 Bolt, Sterling, Eaton, Dodge 9.75, etc...) or a Medium sized third member (Ford 8.8, D44, Ford 9", Toyota, etc...). If you want to make more changes give us a call and we can see what we can do!

These are on Special @ $722.50 for the framed and $663 for the tubed as you see them, about 15% less Than normal prices...

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/34LINK.html

Dan Fredrickson 01-30-2011 02:29 PM

The right way to go, with real Heim joints rather than a lesser substitute to keep the cost down! A four link just isn't that difficult, think for yourself and do it right!

Dan Fredrickson 02-02-2011 09:06 PM

And build season is underway, all of you locked down for this huge storm should spend the time in the garage! Everything has its benefits. ;)

Dan Fredrickson 03-05-2011 11:33 AM

Its time to get it in gear!

Dan Fredrickson 03-08-2011 11:36 PM

Where do the companies that advertise here get all the time to update posts'?

We are busy 7 days a week and I am lucky if I even get here 3 times a week :)

Dan Fredrickson 03-12-2011 06:17 PM

It that time of week again ;)

Dan Fredrickson 03-14-2011 09:29 AM

You can either be just like the crowd or you can think for yourself, you make the choice!

Dan Fredrickson 03-15-2011 07:44 PM

Its raining here so its time to get in the garage everywhere ;) Time to do it up for this season!

Dan Fredrickson 03-18-2011 11:40 AM

Spring is almost here and its now or what? Next year? Get it in gear and do it now ;)

lumpster 03-18-2011 08:57 PM

red writing is blinding me.

Dan Fredrickson 03-18-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumpster (Post 11189623)
red writing is blinding me.

Is it better now?

lumpster 03-19-2011 12:38 PM

yep,

So what is the max vertical seperation you can get with this kit? Isnt it best to have as close to parallel uppers and lowers as possible?

What do find wrong with the cartridge joints? I like currie joints so far, they seem to stay tight for a long time.

Dan Fredrickson 03-19-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumpster (Post 11193062)
yep,

So what is the max vertical seperation you can get with this kit? Isnt it best to have as close to parallel uppers and lowers as possible?

What do find wrong with the cartridge joints? I like currie joints so far, they seem to stay tight for a long time.

The maximum is however much you want, however with a stock frame and not knowing tire sizes I really couldn't tell you but a horizontal upper has its benefits...

I actually like Curry joints, great on the street and long lasting but heims do provide 3 degrees more articulation and are stronger. My real intention is to guide people to a joint that uses a larger bolt to eliminate the weak points...

lumpster 03-19-2011 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
unless you want to put a spacer in between the frame and the lower control arm mount it looks like there is a limit to vertical seperation due to the way the upper control arm mount goes on the frame.

Dan Fredrickson 03-22-2011 11:17 AM

I had to read this a couple of times to understand where you were coming from...The bracket can be mounted at an angle upwards also making the limit ~8", enough for a 42" tire using basic calculations, if you are using a larger tire you would obviously be willing to make some modifications. However, that is why we are more than willing to modify the kit in any way...:)

The time now is 01:25 AM.