JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Vendor Display (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/)
-   -   Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/ruffstuff-axle-simple-swap-kit-1159629/)

Dan Fredrickson 01-27-2011 11:17 AM

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

UPDATE 1/12/14: Due to the demand for this kit we have recently purchased a Ubolt Bender and we no longer have to buy expensive finished Ubolts, we buy the Blanks and bend them ourselves! So, we have been able to lower the cost of this kit by $10 and the cost of individual Ubolts also :D

This is the basic kit essential for an Axle swap, more items could be added but this is the bare minimum, You will receive 1 pair of our 3/8" thick A50 Steel U-Bolt plates with 3 pin mounting options, a pair of our Spring Perches with the same pin option to match, 4 - 10" x 5/8" Fine thread Grade 8 U-Bolts with true Hardened washers and real Ubolt Hardened Tallnuts, and a pair of Shock Brackets. This will get your Axle under the rig. BTW, this is NOT a Chinese made product that just can't hang with the big kids, this IS the Big Kid.

http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/...20Category.jpg

These go for $127.50 a kit before the Discount!

BTW, our Ubolts are the correct size for your Axle, not 1 size fits all.......these are offered with 8 Axle diameters and 5 Leaf Spring perch widths.........UPDATE.........Now also available in 4" D70HD/D80 diameters. And I almost forgot, fullsize 3" Leaf Spring widths also......

Dan Fredrickson 02-02-2011 09:08 PM

We have these available for just about any combination of spring or axle!

motoman225 02-02-2011 09:12 PM

What kind of discount is given?

RobertJ 02-02-2011 10:49 PM

Hey Dan! Robert here from JeepCamping. Thought I'd drop by and say hey! I'll see ya soon.

Dan Fredrickson 02-03-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motoman225 (Post 10906824)
What kind of discount is given?

We have always given members 10% off the top, just plug in JPFORM in the discount code box...

Dan Fredrickson 02-15-2011 11:53 AM

Another day! It seems that business as usual has become busy as it can get!

Dan Fredrickson 02-21-2011 03:40 PM

When you want the best go to the originators, not the copy artists'... When I look at a website I look for originality, not "I can make that cheaper because I didn't have to spend any money on the design and testing", we are the originators not the imitators...

Dan Fredrickson 02-23-2011 11:49 AM

I like to think that we have the imagination to think for myself!

XJcruiser 02-23-2011 01:33 PM

I am waiting for the big brown truck to bring this. This kit looks to be the best quality of any I looked at, and the price is better than most too. Shipping was $11. Not bad at all!

I do have a question though. Will I need shorted shocks? My current axle (D35) has the shock mount WAY below the axle. This kit seems to move it to a more sensible spot, but can I use the same shock?

And because everyone who has ever built a Jeep cant help but think they are engineers, I do have a suggestion as to how you can improve this product. If you made your spring plates wide enough to act as a bump stop contact, your kit would definitely stand out from the other companies (not that it doesn't already). I plan on welding some plate to mine, but it would be so clean if they were just made that way. Others do make them, just not in their kits.

Dan Fredrickson 02-26-2011 03:26 PM

I believe I spoke to you but we can swap the sidemount shock brackets at any time!

XJcruiser 02-28-2011 11:54 AM

I already have my order and I got what I wanted. I have other shocks that will work. I was just curious if they were needed.

Pictures of this kit didnt do it justice. It is so beefy I actually laughed when I opened it. The u-bolts and top plates are insane!

Dan Fredrickson 02-28-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJcruiser (Post 11064393)
I already have my order and I got what I wanted. I have other shocks that will work. I was just curious if they were needed.

Pictures of this kit didnt do it justice. It is so beefy I actually laughed when I opened it. The u-bolts and top plates are insane!

They are supposed to be!

Dan Fredrickson 03-02-2011 12:12 PM

Only the finest!

Dan Fredrickson 03-08-2011 11:39 PM

The 8.8 is the number 1 choice among Jeep owners, time to get yours coming your way!

Dan Fredrickson 03-12-2011 08:56 AM

We have been making these for 5 years now and pretty much make one for every rig and axle combination made!

The time now is 12:19 PM.