Are you in the market for a LED Light Bar? Are you overwhelmed with choices? Overwhelmed with everyone on the internet giving their 2 cents, on what is "Best" or what is the "Cheapest" that is on the market. Let ROCKRIDGE 4WD help shed some light!
Not all LED Light Bars are created equal.
You need to ask your self some questions before scouring the internet for hours, days or even MONTHS before deciding on the PERFECT light bar for you. These questions will narrow your search down considerably and hope to get you on your way to enjoying your life!
- This will tell you what you can afford period. If you find something that is a little more then your budget, then by all means WAIT! This will save you time and money in the long run and you will overall be HAPPY about your purchase.
- Decide where you want your bar (ie, Windshield, bumper, rack, bull bar etc). Once you figured out your location then that will determine your SIZE of bar (length and/or thickness). No need to look at something that isn't going to fit.
- What are you wanting your bar to do? Yes it does do more then just be hella bright! There are multiple bars for a reason. Are you wanting un-matched distance or do you want Flood? Or do you want both? This will knock out a number of bars as well. Why sit and compare bars if it's not even what you want it to do?
These 3 questions should save you one heck of a headache when you decide you are ready for a bar.
So now you have answered the questions. Below I have all the series that VISION X
offers. They also broke it down for the buyer. They give you the effective output and durability ratings as well as what makes that bar UNIQUE. That way you can search in the Series for your bar. You will only end up with your PERFECT
bar, as it will suite your needs to a T
. Lets begin!
Xmitter Low Profile Xtreme Light Bar
- The Low Profile Prime XP is compact with a height of only 2.06" for a universal fit with double the light output of the 3 watt Low Profile Bar. The Low Profile Prime XP Series also makes use of Prime Drive Technology which manages heat levels to prolong the life of the LEDs.
This bar is super small and sleek. Don't let size fool you as this light packs a punch with it's 5 watt LEDs. Beam pattern is either a 10 degree SPOT or a 40 degree wide. Do you have a tight space? Perhaps a bumper or inside a grille? This light is what you are looking for. Change the mount to an END CAP MOUNT
and put this light anywhere you see fit.
Evo Prime Light Bar
- The Evo Prime Bar, using 10 Watt LEDs, produces the most lumen output per square inch of lightbar. The Evo also makes use of Prime Drive Technology which manages heat levels to prolong the life of the LEDs
Evo Prime is going to get you there. This light is 10 Watts!! This light is available in a 20 Degree narrow beam (which is still not 100% spot there is some diffusion) or a 40 Degree Wide Beam. Desire a little more on the side of you? This is your light! END CAP MOUNTS
are available for the Evo.
Xmitter Prime Xtreme Light Bar
- The Xmitter Prime XP Bar achieves the farthest lighting distance and brightest output in the Vision X Light Bar lineup. This is due to the 5-watt LEDs that are placed much closer together on the circuit board than 10-watt LEDs allowing for greater optical control and therefore greatest distance. The Xmitter Prime also makes use of Prime Drive Technology which manages heat levels to prolong the life of the LEDs.
This bar isn't for your tight space. However it will work virtually anywhere else. Windshield, rack or bumper. END CAP MOUNT
Commercial Truck Lighting Horizon Series
- The Horizon LED Light Bar utilizes a 60 point 360° locking trunnion flat mounting system for precision adjustment. Using 5 watt LEDs for the best optic control for furthest distance and most power. The Horizon was designed for trucking and industrial usage.
I know this isn't a commercial truck forum, but this is showing the Adjustability of the bar due to the mounting bracket. Beam patterns are 10 Degree Spot or a 40 Degree Wide. This bar has their highest durability rating, making it worthy of commercial use.
Xmitter Single Light Bar
- The Xmitter LED Light Bar was the original Vision X LED Bar. The Xmitter has been tested and proven by the best, including the US Border Patrol and NASA. The Xmitter is the best LED bar for applications where the most light is needed without all the frills, such as off-roading, commercial, and recreational use.
original! This is what put them on the map! This bar comes in either a Euro Beam (driving pattern) or Flood. END CAP MOUNT
Xmitter Low Profile Prime Light Bar
- The Low Profile Prime is compact with a height of only 2.08" for a universal fit. The Low Profile Prime XP Series also makes use of Prime Drive Technology which manages heat levels to prolong the life of the LEDs.
This is again your sleekest bar, that will fit in a tight space. However it's 3 Watt LEDs (low pro xtreme is 5 watt). Available in 10 Degree or 40 Degree. They also have a 12" Amber lens bar in this style! END CAP MOUNT
capable. Please have patience with us. This series is not yet on our site, but is coming soon.
Xmitter Prime Single Stack Light Bar
- The Xmitter Prime Bar achieves the farthest lighting distance in the Vision X lineup. This is due to the 3-watt LEDs that are placed much closer together on the circuit board than 10-watt LEDs allowing for greater optical control and therefore greatest distance. The Xmitter Prime also makes use of Prime Drive Technology which manages heat levels to prolong the life of the LEDs.
This bar is second to their original. This prime bar utilizes their prime technology which prolongs the life of the bar. Available in 10 degree or 40 degree. END CAP MOUNT
Capable. This series not yet on our site, but coming soon.
- The XPI Series Light Bar utilizes proprietary IRIS reflector technology to achieve unprecedented distance. Dual mounting options come standard: patented mounting feet and end mounting brackets increase versatility. Be ready to turn the night into day with the XPI Series.
This is the bar that is going to blow up (in my eyes). This bar is their FURTHEST projecting bar. Using their latest technology IRIS REFLECTORS focusing the light output the furthest. The LEDs sit further back in the bar giving you the furthest light out put. This bar is also reasonable. You can also use the END CAP MOUNT
bolts for multiple mounting options.
So now answer those 3 questions. Write your answers down. Based on your answers select the best fit for you!
Click on your series and view the lengths, beam patterns and overall size on out site.
As always if you have questions please don't hesitate to contact me directly at Erin@Rockridge4wd.com
Please remember we ship WORLDWIDE as well. I will be glad to give anyone a shipping quote.
Have a great night!