Poison Spyder RockBrawler Front Bumpers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder RockBrawler Front Bumpers

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 01-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #1
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Poison Spyder RockBrawler Front Bumpers

Poison Spyder RockBrawler™ front bumpers are now available for TJ and LJ.

The RockBrawler™ front bumper is a "mid-width", high clearance bumper designed to combine hard core off-road performance with full features. This bumper is fabricated from 3/16" plate steel, CNC laser-cut and precision brake-formed into a low profile, high clearance design. The ends of the bumper extend far enough to protect the lower corner of the grille, but not far enough to hinder tire clearance or tire access to vertical obstacles. The faceted design of the RockBrawler™ front bumper provides the best ground clearance and approach angle possible in a bumper that doesn't require frame modifications.

The available Brawler Bar is a low-profile stinger designed to provide protection to the winch, grille and radiator area. The Brawler Bar is made of CNC laser-notched, NC-bent 1¾" diameter .120" wall DOM tubing. The complex laser-cut notch allows the Brawler Bar to be welded to two different planes on the surface of the bumper, providing incredible strength. Further strengthening the Brawler Bar are a choice of two different gussets—CNC laser-cut brake-formed 3/16" plate steel gussets or laser-notched 1½" DOM tubular gussets (available soon). The bumper may also be ordered without gussets.

For convenience in mounting off-road auxiliary lights, two light tabs are included along the top of the Brawler Bar. These may be optionally deleted.

Any winch with a standard 10" X 4.5" mounting pattern will bolt right on to the RockBrawler front bumper. If mounting a winch, you'll need a Winch Fairlead Mount, sold separately.

Optional Recovery Shackle Tabs are modeled after the high clearance tabs designed for our hard core BFH series bumpers. These tabs are angle to provide maximum approach angle. They are CNC machined from 1" thick steel billet, specifically designed to accept our heavy duty 3/4" Recovery Shackles. Selecting this option will get you a pair of these tabs, expertly welded to the RockBrawler™ bumper.

Poison Spyder's TJ/LJ Steering Box Skid may be easily installed without drilling, as the necessary mounting holes are already present in the RockBrawler Front Bumper.

The RockBrawler™ Front Bumper is also available without the "Brawler Bar".

Please see our website for info, photos and pricing for the TJ/LJ RockBrawler Front Bumper!

CLICK HERE for the version with Brawler Bar
CLICK HERE for the version withOUT the Brawler Bar

DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Man that's a great looking design Dusty! If I didn't already have my Tuff Designs front bumper I would be all over this! Nice work PSC!
Unread 01-19-2011, 10:38 AM   #3
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just what I have been waiting for hooray. Whens the trail stinger gonna be available on these bumpers? Which gusset is stronger in your opinion. Whats the width measurement?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Just what I have been waiting for hooray. Whens the trail stinger gonna be available on these bumpers? Which gusset is stronger in your opinion. Whats the width measurement?
The bumper is 44" wide. The DOM tube gussets should be stronger but the version with the plate gussets is by no means weak. Those are similar to the plate gussets on our BFH bumpers, which have performed great in hard core use since their introduction last year. You can go to our site and check out our photos of the JK Brawler Lite front bumper to get an idea what the tube gussets will look like until I can get photos posted of this specific bumper with them. As far as I've heard there are no plans to offer a Trail or Comp Stinger on this bumper. Personally I think it would look kind of funky with a pointy stinger, but to each his own
Unread 01-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome ill wait to see what the DOM gussets look like. Kinda pricey though. I dont see where the light tabs are at in those pictures. I would like the lights to be on the sides of the bumper and not on top of the bar like u said.
Unread 01-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #6
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Awesome ill wait to see what the DOM gussets look like. Kinda pricey though. I dont see where the light tabs are at in those pictures. I would like the lights to be on the sides of the bumper and not on top of the bar like u said.
You can call the shop and ask Larry or Shad if we could put the light tabs in that position for you. 951-849-5911. Thanks!
Unread 01-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #7
BlindmeXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

No XJ version?
Unread 01-21-2011, 09:45 AM   #8
Biglar

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindmeXJ View Post
No XJ version?
We're looking into the XJ line.
Biglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #9
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

How come yall didnt incorporate a winch mount into the bumper like other companies have? When the shackle is installed in the tab does it contact the bumper, im assuming it does. Does it rattle and move much? I need pics of the DOM Tube gussets.
Unread 01-24-2011, 02:34 PM   #10
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
How come yall didnt incorporate a winch mount into the bumper like other companies have? When the shackle is installed in the tab does it contact the bumper, im assuming it does. Does it rattle and move much? I need pics of the DOM Tube gussets.
It does have a winch mount incorporated. That is, its ready for you to bolt your winch right to it. What you might be referring to is the fairlead mount, which we sell as a separate piece, not welded on. The reason for this is so those who are not running a winch can have a cleaner look. Its a simple thing to just add the fairlead mount when you bolt the winch on.

I'm not quite undersrtanding your question about the shackles. Of course the shackle can move around in the tab, its not a press-fit. Sure it will probably rattle on washboard roads if you drive around with it hanging on there. But the rattling issue is not an issue for those of us who leave the shackles in our recovery kits until we need to use them, or keep the tightened winchline hooked to the one we leave on the bumper.
Unread 01-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #11
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe promote a combo deal if bought together??
Unread 01-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #12
Neeco
It is what it isn't

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Rockbrawler, Shackles, and Richochet Rockers shipped 68504 for 05 TJ

"When you wake someone up with one hand on their throat and a blade in their mouth they become very compliant." ~ Cause

"You can't get us all"......."That's a fact, but you're first and he's second, do you care what happens after that?" Last stand at Saber River
Neeco is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #13
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Maybe promote a combo deal if bought together??
There's a current special running that gets you the shackle tabs upgrade for free. That's the same cost as the fairlead mount so you could look at it as getting the fairlead mount for free if you want

We may do a combo deal with the fairlead mount at some point.
Unread 01-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #14
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Oh ok that makes perfect since thanks. I guess it would make sense to leave the shackles in the recovery bag with my strap. I dont need a winch thats what buddies and recov straps are for. I dont rly go wheelin by myself where Ill get stuck enough to need one. Ive got the Rokmen steering skid will that bolt on too, or can you leave the hole undrilled in the bumper for different configurations?
Unread 02-07-2011, 09:36 AM   #15
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Bump for a great bumper. Ne new pics DTS? Painted by chance? DOM gusset updates?
Negative on all three questions, as of right this moment. We have one powder coated black, ready to install on Cortney's LJ, but the shop guys have been too busy getting our entry finished up for King of the Hammers. I hope they can take a few moments to bolt it on there today or tomorrow, at which time I'll snap some new photos and post them. The DOM gusset version is not quite ready for prime-time yet.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.