Poison Spyder Rear Stinger/Tire Carrier - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder Rear Stinger/Tire Carrier

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 10-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #106
the303hooligan
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepig View Post
ok... I am about to give up on it. I am tired of waiting.
A quote that will spread like wild fire ...im ready to order mine, but this makes it hard to pull the trigger for the said amount on these things. Im sure thir crazy busy with building them...(hope thats the case)...maybe a kick down or 2 would be in order for ya ...

1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport 4.0 I6, D30 and D44,4.56 G2 Gears,belly,gas & steering skids, 35x12.5 Wrangler MTR Kevlars,4" ProComp Coils,1.25" JKS BL,1"Currie MML,Bilstein 5100's, Chromoly LCA's front and rear, JKS Disco's,K&N intake,PSC BFH front stinger bumper w/winch & d-rings,PSC Rear stinger/carrier w/d-ring,PSC Rocker Knockers,Dynomax Ultraflo welded ss, APN header,PIAA 520 ATP, Bestop top,alpine CDA-105 deck,Tuffy underseat Security box, JL Audio speakers in sound bar and dash, Corbeau front seats, matching Neoprene cover on bench,trimmed flares...and PLENTY more to come..
**Oil Field Trash Makin' Oil Field Ca$h**
the303hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #107
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Evidently they have been really busy. I think the wait is almost over. I will be patient.
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 10:39 PM   #108
95wrangler4life
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by the303hooligan View Post
A quote that will spread like wild fire
that quote is what has spread like wildfire from Poison Spyders previous issues, they get in over their heads with the orders, customers get upset, and no compensation (atleast not in the past).

Which is why I am going to fab one up, because now the orders are so far behind, and we all know how much MAJOR difference it is between a YJ/TJ rear bumper so it will prolly be to the end of the year till they ready for YJ!

Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...-dirty-894483/
95wrangler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #109
the303hooligan
1998 TJ Wrangler 

which sux...cause their stuff is complete...Gen-Right has same rear stinger carrier...but no d-rings...but same structure...i have the $$ to drop on front and rear and want to...but waiting to see the sea calm a bit...scared to order BFH w/stinger and not get it til NOV. .. it awesome they are doing insane good for biz, but not good for backorderd custys...guess give a little to get a little
1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport 4.0 I6, D30 and D44,4.56 G2 Gears,belly,gas & steering skids, 35x12.5 Wrangler MTR Kevlars,4" ProComp Coils,1.25" JKS BL,1"Currie MML,Bilstein 5100's, Chromoly LCA's front and rear, JKS Disco's,K&N intake,PSC BFH front stinger bumper w/winch & d-rings,PSC Rear stinger/carrier w/d-ring,PSC Rocker Knockers,Dynomax Ultraflo welded ss, APN header,PIAA 520 ATP, Bestop top,alpine CDA-105 deck,Tuffy underseat Security box, JL Audio speakers in sound bar and dash, Corbeau front seats, matching Neoprene cover on bench,trimmed flares...and PLENTY more to come..
Unread 10-18-2010, 11:39 AM   #110
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Purplepig's rear stinger shipped out last week. She had to wait longer for it than we originally thought it would take and for that we apologize. We will admit that on this particular product we have had some challenges in working it smoothly into our workflow. We manufacture hundreds of different products, and most of them ship within 1-2 days. The Rear Stingers will eventually get to that point too, but as of now they are down to about a 7 business days lead time.
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #111
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 05:56 PM   #112
the303hooligan
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Purplepig's rear stinger shipped out last week. She had to wait longer for it than we originally thought it would take and for that we apologize. We will admit that on this particular product we have had some challenges in working it smoothly into our workflow. We manufacture hundreds of different products, and most of them ship within 1-2 days. The Rear Stingers will eventually get to that point too, but as of now they are down to about a 7 business days lead time.
Big round of applause for Poison Spyder for the non BS update on their work load and why things have take n a little longer!... ...That beats a bucket BS of excuses and any day.
Unread 10-19-2010, 09:42 AM   #113
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by the303hooligan View Post
Big round of applause for Poison Spyder for the non BS update on their work load and why things have take n a little longer!... ...That beats a bucket BS of excuses and any day.
Thanks for the feedback. For anyone else waiting on theirs, we should be worked the rest of the way through our backlog on these over the course of this week. For an update on your specific one, shoot a PM to Brent, our Sales Manager, at SpyderCJ here on JF. Thanks for your patience, to those who have had to wait longer than we initially estimated it would be.
Unread 10-21-2010, 03:04 PM   #114
DTS
Vendor

Looks like these are flowing pretty good now. In fact there are still a couple of unsold ones in this current batch, if anybody wants to get in with no waiting.
101021-5176.jpg  
Unread 10-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #115
Erik T.
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome!

How difficult would it be to mount this to an existing bumper and still line up correctly on the top of the tub? I really need a hitch on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Hack work? :rofl: You just described half the modified jeeps on this board.
Erik T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2010, 03:38 PM   #116
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik T. View Post
Awesome!

How difficult would it be to mount this to an existing bumper and still line up correctly on the top of the tub? I really need a hitch on mine.
It shouldn't be too difficult, and we offer it without the lower mount plate for that very purpose. Basically what you would do is install the upper brackets first and hang the stinger from them, then you'd have to fabricate the lower tabs to attach the lower bushings to your bumper.
Unread 10-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #117
Erik T.
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Excellent. I just worry it might change the angle of the stinger to much and look a little retarded.

Will the bumper plates be sold seperatly at some point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Hack work? :rofl: You just described half the modified jeeps on this board.
Erik T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #118
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Excellent. I just worry it might change the angle of the stinger to much and look a little retarded.
Well it would depend on how far backward the edge of your bumper is situated. If sticks out a foot, yeah it might look a little retarded. But with most bumpers you should be OK. Just about any bumper will make it tilt slightly upward more than just using the mount plate. But there's already a pretty good rake to the stinger so any normal bumper should still come out looking fairly OK. If you're REALLY concerned about it you might call and talk to our production manager and see if he will send it to you without the arms welded on, that way you could adjust it a little if you needed to, or even bend a couple of new arm tubes yourself to get it just right.

Quote:
Will the bumper plates be sold seperatly at some point?
We don't list it as a separate piece but I'm sure we could sell it by itself if you wanted it alone.
Unread 12-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #119
apfroggy0408
1982 CJ7 

I'm not sure if this has been asked.

But how easy would it be to adapt this to a cj7? I would kill to have this on my jeep.
apfroggy0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 06:09 PM   #120
PoisonSpyder
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apfroggy0408 View Post
I'm not sure if this has been asked.

But how easy would it be to adapt this to a cj7? I would kill to have this on my jeep.
If you have our Crusher Corners the upper brackets will bolt right in. The only difference is the lower attachment. Our universal kit http://shop.poisonspyder.com/Jeep-Re.../14-13-010.htm is designed for the guy or gal with a welder and some fab skills to adapt to your specific vehicle or bumper.
Thanks,

www.PoisonSpyder.com

Spyder Bytes Blog
Become a fan on Facebook
MySpace a Place for Friends
PoisonSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.