Poison Spyder Rear Stinger/Tire Carrier - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder Rear Stinger/Tire Carrier

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-11-2010, 08:15 PM   #31
04_Sahara_Man
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Some things are unavoidable. The side with the large branding points inside on my Jeep. As for logos. I don't like them. It's just a preference. It's another needless way for vendors to increase price. If it's quality it will show. I don't need a sticker or tag to prove that I built my rig with good parts. I built it with the parts I wanted.

/derail
i see your point, each to their own

In Pennsylvania, fun is illegal
Xbox live GT - TheExecutive00
Tama, Paiste, DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth....yes I go boom boom!
04_Sahara_Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #32
BruiserCJ

Quote:
Some things are unavoidable. The side with the large branding points inside on my Jeep. As for logos. I don't like them. It's just a preference. It's another needless way for vendors to increase price. If it's quality it will show. I don't need a sticker or tag to prove that I built my rig with good parts. I built it with the parts I wanted.

/derail
It's not about "proving" you built your rig with good parts. It is just like you said, all about building your rig with parts that you want. But it's no reason to try and put a vendor down because their parts have their logo in or on it. It's about branding their workmanship, it's pride in quality.

Last edited by BruiserCJ; 08-12-2010 at 10:54 AM..
BruiserCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2010, 08:57 AM   #33
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruiserCJ View Post
It's not about "proving" you built your rig with good parts. It is just like you said, all about building your rig with parts that you want. But it's no reason to try and put a vendor down because their parts have their logo in or on it. It's about branding their workmanship, it's pride in quality.
I didn't put anyone down. I said I didn't like it, and wished there was an option to remove it. All it does is raise the price of a product.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #34
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I didn't put anyone down. I said I didn't like it, and wished there was an option to remove it. All it does is raise the price of a product.
Bennett is right, take the bumper and how much it costs...then add in the cost to laser cut the logo. It's an added cost.

No one is putting anyone down, he is simply saying he would rather not do free advertising for a company. Which is completely understandable, people get paid big bucks from sponsors, and some people would rather not do it for free.

I think Poison Spyder makes great, quality products, but the laser cut logo is also a reason I don't buy from them.

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2010, 09:51 AM   #35
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
There's about $1.50 in extra laser time to cut the logo. Its not really a factor in the price of the product--we don't put it there just so we can charge more. In fact, if we were to make you a custom one without the logo it would actually cost more, since now its a custom pattern that is different from the larger quantity batches we run.

No need to labor the point any further. You and perhaps a couple of others prefer not to have the logo, and that's cool. Its just another feature of the product to consider when you make a decision of what to buy among a large market of offerings. If our logo is a deal killer for you, we wish you the best of luck with whatever product you choose.

No hard feelings, we're all in it to wheel and have fun. We wheel with folks every weekend who run competitors' parts for any number of reasons but we're all friends when we hit the trail.
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #36
26679cj5
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I personally love the spider logo, and I'm glad these are back in production. I thought I was
going to haveto settle for another company's rip off, but now I can look forward to the real thing.

Thumbs up on shipping them fully welded now too
26679cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #37
KillerSloth
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Any idea on a release date? I am probably going to be going to a 35" tire soon but don't want to have to buy another tire carrier to hold me over until this comes out (currently have a 32" on the tailgate).

Thanks!
KillerSloth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2010, 11:45 AM   #38
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerSloth View Post
Any idea on a release date? I am probably going to be going to a 35" tire soon but don't want to have to buy another tire carrier to hold me over until this comes out (currently have a 32" on the tailgate).

Thanks!
Killer, we are taking pre-orders now, as the first run is now in production. They will probably ship next week. I don't actually put them on the website until we have stock units on the shelf. But if you want to get in on the pre-ordering you can give us a call. I should have new photos up by Monday that show the completed product with the straps in the correct spot, and the recovery shackle tabs, neither of which are shown in the photos above.

Switching tire sizes is one of the nice things about this setup. It doesn't care what size spare you have, it is always mounted as low as possible, and you don't have to make any adjustments other than adjusting the straps.
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #39
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Now if they just have one with a jerry can holder included I'd be on it like spam on a fat man.
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #40
PoisonSpyder
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuruma View Post
Now if they just have one with a jerry can holder included I'd be on it like spam on a fat man.
I bet you could make one of these work...

RotopaX Gas Packs- 1,2,3 and 4 Gallon Gasoline

www.PoisonSpyder.com

Spyder Bytes Blog
Become a fan on Facebook
MySpace a Place for Friends
PoisonSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2010, 07:23 PM   #41
SaxManClay
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
There's about $1.50 in extra laser time to cut the logo. Its not really a factor in the price of the product--we don't put it there just so we can charge more. In fact, if we were to make you a custom one without the logo it would actually cost more, since now its a custom pattern that is different from the larger quantity batches we run.

No need to labor the point any further. You and perhaps a couple of others prefer not to have the logo, and that's cool. Its just another feature of the product to consider when you make a decision of what to buy among a large market of offerings. If our logo is a deal killer for you, we wish you the best of luck with whatever product you choose.

No hard feelings, we're all in it to wheel and have fun. We wheel with folks every weekend who run competitors' parts for any number of reasons but we're all friends when we hit the trail.
Now that everything is settled, I want the Autobot symbol on the back instead of the Poison Spyder one.
SaxManClay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2010, 11:00 PM   #42
04_Sahara_Man
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxManClay View Post
Now that everything is settled, I want the Autobot symbol on the back instead of the Poison Spyder one.
x2
In Pennsylvania, fun is illegal
Xbox live GT - TheExecutive00
Tama, Paiste, DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth....yes I go boom boom!
04_Sahara_Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #43
KillerSloth
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Killer, we are taking pre-orders now, as the first run is now in production. They will probably ship next week. I don't actually put them on the website until we have stock units on the shelf. But if you want to get in on the pre-ordering you can give us a call. I should have new photos up by Monday that show the completed product with the straps in the correct spot, and the recovery shackle tabs, neither of which are shown in the photos above.

Switching tire sizes is one of the nice things about this setup. It doesn't care what size spare you have, it is always mounted as low as possible, and you don't have to make any adjustments other than adjusting the straps.
Just wondering if you have those photos of the production one yet? I looks like I won't be able afford to get one for a little bit (other crap keeps popping up) but it is definitely high on my list!

Thanks
KillerSloth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2010, 01:54 PM   #44
emahan01
1999 TJ Wrangler 

ever get those pictures? when are they going to be available?
Unread 08-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #45
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I would like to see it, too, before I order.
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.