Poison Spyder Rear Stinger/Tire Carrier - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder Rear Stinger/Tire Carrier

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 04-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #166
Jeeper69
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
It's Back! Well, almost These photos are from a pre-production unit. They should be in full production within a couple of weeks!

Poison Spyder was the inventor of the Rear Stinger, a design that has since been imitated by many of our competitors. We now bring back the ORIGINAL Rear Stinger, but with a few improvements

The biggest product improvement over the old Rear Stinger is that it will now come fully welded, all you have to do is bolt it on (the old one had to be welded together by the installer).

The tire is held into the stinger with a custom 3-way ratchet strap. We're still perfecting the strap and how it attaches, so note that it will be different from what you see in the photos. But the strap has several benefits, first it always mounts the tire as low in the carrier as possible regardless of tire size. It is lighter, simpler and more cost effective than an adjustable spindle mount. And it is another example of how Poison Spyder is incorporating some of the ideas from desert racing into our line of rockcrawling products. For those who may be skeptical of the strap, keep in mind that desert racers use straps to hold their spare tires in place going 100mph through the whoops.

Other improvements include better looking skid, license plate mount, and tubework. The kit will come with easily removable pins rather than nuts and bolts, to make lowering the tire swing quicker and easier.

For those not familiar with the Rear Stinger concept, admittedly its not for everyone. But for hardcore trail abuse its ideal. It is extremely high clearance and makes it easier to mount and dismount very heavy spare tires. The tire in the photos is only a 34", but we've built it around a 40" Krawler, and it should also fit up to about a 42".

As you can see, the first model will be for the TJ/LJ. Models for YJ and CJ will follow. For the JK, it will be available as an option on our BFH Rear Bumper.

This is one of our most requested items--we get more emails, Facebook posts, PM's and phone calls from people wanting to know when these will be back in production, than any other product. So we're happy to report that the day is near! We have just a few more tweaks to make to it then it will be ready for prime time. We don't have pricing yet but we'll post up as soon as that is finalized, and we'll let you know when production begins and they're ready to order.
I can't see the pictures, they have blue question marks

Jeeper69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #167
nibblesupreme
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ok, are the bumpers for Body Lifts out yet!?!?!?
nibblesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2011, 06:04 AM   #168
goody6691
2003 TJ Wrangler 

yes i ordered one for a 1 in bl
o3 tj, yellow, currie 4 in,savvy arms, 1in bl, mml, ramsey 9500, synth line, 8.8, 456's, arb's. 35x12.5x17 mtrk's, 17x8.5 raceline beadlocks, aem, banks exhaust, psc rear stinger, no limits front stinger, rockmen corners, a-z cage, piaa lights, rampage softtop, anti-rock, AA shifter, UCF aluminum skid.........98 audi a4, fully built, 350 whp awd, yellow
goody6691 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2011, 09:26 AM   #169
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper69 View Post
I can't see the pictures, they have blue question marks
We had to switch hosts recently and I haven't had a chance to re-link those images yet. You can see all of our images on the Rear Stinger Product Page on our website (scroll down to the photo gallery slideshow) or go directly to our Image Gallery for the Rear Stinger.
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #170
Dsx
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Here's a shot of the one we built for the Spyder JK.
It looks a little awkward with the longer upper tubes, more pictures is the only way to be certain.
Dsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2011, 08:56 PM   #171
goolsbayjeep
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Are you guys going to be releasing one for a YJ. My stock tire carrier is to small for my 35. so I am in need of a new tire carrier. I can always be a test dummy.

Last edited by goolsbayjeep; 04-24-2011 at 09:10 PM..
goolsbayjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2011, 02:12 PM   #172
DTS
Vendor

We don't currently have plans to adapt it to the YJ. However we do have a BFH style rear bumper in development for YJ, which might be a good candidate for using with a Stinger style tire carrier, so who knows what the future holds. But as for right now, a YJ rear stinger is not in the plans.

I should add that YJ owners are always welcome to get the version without the lower plate and adapt it to their own bumper or fab their own lower mount.
Unread 05-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #173
mikes_muse

DTS, I sent you a PM about an option to buy part of the rear stinger set up you guys sell. I really look forward to hearing back and hopefully I can buy the part I need. It is exactly what i have been looking for. Thanks.
mikes_muse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #174
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikes_muse View Post
DTS, I sent you a PM about an option to buy part of the rear stinger set up you guys sell. I really look forward to hearing back and hopefully I can buy the part I need. It is exactly what i have been looking for. Thanks.
PM sent. Thanks for your inquiry.
Unread 05-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #175
mikes_muse

Quote:
PM sent. Thanks for your inquiry.
Thanks for the quick reply and great info! I sent you another PM too
mikes_muse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 03:53 PM   #176
goody6691
2003 TJ Wrangler 

just got the call mine is ready to be built , i should have it soon. cant wait
o3 tj, yellow, currie 4 in,savvy arms, 1in bl, mml, ramsey 9500, synth line, 8.8, 456's, arb's. 35x12.5x17 mtrk's, 17x8.5 raceline beadlocks, aem, banks exhaust, psc rear stinger, no limits front stinger, rockmen corners, a-z cage, piaa lights, rampage softtop, anti-rock, AA shifter, UCF aluminum skid.........98 audi a4, fully built, 350 whp awd, yellow
goody6691 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2011, 03:24 PM   #177
DTS
Vendor

Here's what the Lower Mount Plate looks like for the Body Lift versions. The offset in the tabs for the lower pivot bushing of the stinger is where the body lift dimension is built in. The offset is different for the 0" (stock), 1", 1.25" and 2" versions. These are now available for online ordering by the way. On the Rear Stinger Tire Carrier page you can choose your body lift height in the options:

One disclaimer about that photo is that it doesn't show the Recovery Shackle Tabs, which do come standard on the complete Rear Stinger Tire Carrier kit.
Unread 05-25-2011, 07:26 PM   #178
nibblesupreme
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Can you still mount a 0 BL version on your Jeep even if you have a BL? Or will that interfeir with the gas input and the tail lights?
Unread 05-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #179
Biglar

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibblesupreme View Post
Can you still mount a 0 BL version on your Jeep even if you have a BL? Or will that interfeir with the gas input and the tail lights?
It would most likely interfere with your gas filler. I see in your sig you have a BL. Why wouldn’t you just order the BL version?
Biglar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2011, 08:06 PM   #180
nibblesupreme
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I know I'll take the BL off one day. But I talked to DW and he told me to just remount the base, which makes sense. So yea now I'm ordering the BL version.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.