Poison Spyder Rear Stinger/Tire Carrier - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder Rear Stinger/Tire Carrier

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 03-01-2011, 09:12 AM   #151
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibblesupreme View Post
First, this thing looks SICK. Checking out the picture you posted and what I can only assume are the lower pivot points, I don't understand the "taller" tabs aspect of your statement. Forgive me I'm an auditor not an engineer
On the lower mount plate there are two pairs of tabs that the urethane bushing pivots mount into. On body-lift versions, these tabs will be a little taller, placing the bolt holes for the pivot bolts higher in relation to the mount plate. That will provide the extra height needed for the body lift without fixturing up a whole new tire carrier. From the initial input it sounds like we'll probably offer these in heights of Stock, 1", 1.25" and 2". They will come already welded up so that if you have a body lift of one of those heights, the install procedure will be the same as for a stock body height, without any extra welding or drilling.

Quote:
Honestly this is all I care about though:
1) I can get the tire carrier with the base and it will accomidate my 1.25 BL
2) It will fit with the crusher corners that will absolutely purchase in conjunction with the tire carrier/bumper
Once the body lift versions of the lower plate are available, the answers to both questions above will be yes.

Quote:
Obviously this is after you release the new tire carrier . BTW, any idea on when that will be hehe? [I think I know the answer]
Now its my turn to ...just kidding. Honestly I don't have an answer that I am comfortable stating. Its a VERY simple modification to the parts we already have, however our R&D backlog is pretty heavy right now. I will try to find out how quickly this might be done and let you guys know.

Quote:
Also, since the tire carrier is sent on crate could a potential customer save money on shipping by ordering the crusher corners and rear tire carrier/bumper together?
Of course, there will be some savings on shipping by buying both at once. The Tire Carrier mandates a pallet and truck freight, but since we're already doing that we can add quite a few more parts to the pallet for minimal additional freight cost.

DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #152
jeepin01tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=DTS;11070748]On the lower mount plate there are two pairs of tabs that the urethane bushing pivots mount into. On body-lift versions, these tabs will be a little taller, placing the bolt holes for the pivot bolts higher in relation to the mount plate. That will provide the extra height needed for the body lift without fixturing up a whole new tire carrier. From the initial input it sounds like we'll probably offer these in heights of Stock, 1", 1.25" and 2". They will come already welded up so that if you have a body lift of one of those heights, the install procedure will be the same as for a stock body height, without any extra welding or drilling.

Any idea on when these new base plates will be ready?? im tired of staring at the carrier in my living room..im tempted to strap my flat screen to it
jeepin01tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #153
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Down with the tire carrier and R&D more on the DOM Gussets for your rockbrawler front bumper with the bar.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #154
DTS
Vendor

[quote=jeepin01tj;11085763]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
On the lower mount plate there are two pairs of tabs that the urethane bushing pivots mount into. On body-lift versions, these tabs will be a little taller, placing the bolt holes for the pivot bolts higher in relation to the mount plate. That will provide the extra height needed for the body lift without fixturing up a whole new tire carrier. From the initial input it sounds like we'll probably offer these in heights of Stock, 1", 1.25" and 2". They will come already welded up so that if you have a body lift of one of those heights, the install procedure will be the same as for a stock body height, without any extra welding or drilling.

Any idea on when these new base plates will be ready?? im tired of staring at the carrier in my living room..im tempted to strap my flat screen to it
Re-check my post from above
Unread 03-18-2011, 04:06 AM   #155
nibblesupreme
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Any updates?
nibblesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #156
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Any updates?
Yes, we should be adding these options to the website soon. We've approved the first articles from laser cutting and should have production quantities soon, then we'll be able to start welding up selling the Lower Mount Plates with the different BL heights. What size BL are you working with? We may be able to send you a proto set.
Unread 03-18-2011, 12:21 PM   #157
goody6691
2003 TJ Wrangler 

im running a 1 in bl, feel free to send me a prototype to test for you. been waiting on this for a long time
o3 tj, yellow, currie 4 in,savvy arms, 1in bl, mml, ramsey 9500, synth line, 8.8, 456's, arb's. 35x12.5x17 mtrk's, 17x8.5 raceline beadlocks, aem, banks exhaust, psc rear stinger, no limits front stinger, rockmen corners, a-z cage, piaa lights, rampage softtop, anti-rock, AA shifter, UCF aluminum skid.........98 audi a4, fully built, 350 whp awd, yellow
goody6691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #158
jeepin01tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have the stinger carrier.. so a proto type plate would be awesome for a 1inch bl..
jeepin01tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #159
nibblesupreme
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Yes, we should be adding these options to the website soon. We've approved the first articles from laser cutting and should have production quantities soon, then we'll be able to start welding up selling the Lower Mount Plates with the different BL heights. What size BL are you working with? We may be able to send you a proto set.
I have a JKS 1.25" BL! I'll PM you.
nibblesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #160
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

When can we expect the JK version?
aztec_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #161
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztec_doc View Post
When can we expect the JK version?
We've built a couple of JK prototypes but we're not sure we will even put it into production yet.
Unread 04-20-2011, 02:14 PM   #162
aztec_doc
2013 JK Wrangler 

Any pictures? Very interested, oh yeah if you need a test dummy My 08 JK is here.
aztec_doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #163
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztec_doc View Post
Any pictures? Very interested, oh yeah if you need a test dummy My 08 JK is here.
Here's a shot of the one we built for the Spyder JK.

Sorry we've got plenty of test mules already
Unread 04-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #164
04_Sahara_Man
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wow that those support tubes are long. I don't know how I feel about the carrier on a jk....guess I'd have to see more pics....but looks bad arse.
In Pennsylvania, fun is illegal
Xbox live GT - TheExecutive00
Tama, Paiste, DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth....yes I go boom boom!
04_Sahara_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 05:41 PM   #165
goody6691
2003 TJ Wrangler 

my tj stinger should be shipping soon, i ordered it last week. cant wait
o3 tj, yellow, currie 4 in,savvy arms, 1in bl, mml, ramsey 9500, synth line, 8.8, 456's, arb's. 35x12.5x17 mtrk's, 17x8.5 raceline beadlocks, aem, banks exhaust, psc rear stinger, no limits front stinger, rockmen corners, a-z cage, piaa lights, rampage softtop, anti-rock, AA shifter, UCF aluminum skid.........98 audi a4, fully built, 350 whp awd, yellow
goody6691 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.