Poison Spyder Rear Stinger/Tire Carrier - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder Rear Stinger/Tire Carrier

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy Aluminum Bumpers

Unread 02-25-2011, 09:32 AM   #136
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibblesupreme View Post
i'm holding out for the 1.25" model. a month? 6? a year? what are we lookin' at here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
I don't have an ETA for this yet but I'll post more when I know more.

DTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #137
BSaint
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Since you think i'll be okay to run a 42'' tire in the rear stinger carrier. can i get your best price on the following...

TJ/LJ BFH™ Front Bumper with Brawler Bar,powder coated black with shackle tabs

and

TJ/LJ Rear Stinger Tire Carrier WITH rear mounting plate. I have a body lift, so I need it unwelded at the top or however that works. thanks

~Brad

shipped to 02809. please quote for residential and business location. thanks!

ps. do you think your version designed for jeeps with body lifts will be designed in such a way to hide the body mounts in the rear and cover up the gap between the top of the bumper and the tub? let me know, thanks
BSaint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2011, 12:04 AM   #138
jeepin01tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

with a 1 inch bl on a tj the drivers side bracket hits the fuel pod if lowered hardly any .. so im going to have to look into cutting the fuel pod or something to get this thing to work with a bl...it looks awesome though!
jeepin01tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2011, 07:33 AM   #139
goody6691
2003 TJ Wrangler 

pics please
o3 tj, yellow, currie 4 in,savvy arms, 1in bl, mml, ramsey 9500, synth line, 8.8, 456's, arb's. 35x12.5x17 mtrk's, 17x8.5 raceline beadlocks, aem, banks exhaust, psc rear stinger, no limits front stinger, rockmen corners, a-z cage, piaa lights, rampage softtop, anti-rock, AA shifter, UCF aluminum skid.........98 audi a4, fully built, 350 whp awd, yellow
goody6691 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #140
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
with a 1 inch bl on a tj the drivers side bracket hits the fuel pod if lowered hardly any .. so im going to have to look into cutting the fuel pod or something to get this thing to work with a bl...it looks awesome though!
good luck!
I want to see pics when you finish, too.
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #141
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSaint View Post
Since you think i'll be okay to run a 42'' tire in the rear stinger carrier.
Before I get myself in trouble let me clarify. The largest tire WE have mounted up in it is a 40" Krawler. I see no reason why a 42" won't fit as there are no obstructions that would keep it from fitting and there is more than an inch clearance on the sides between the arms and the 40" tire. However, since we haven't actually mounted up a 42 ourselves we can't absolutely guarantee it. Here's a shot of it with the 40" tire (looks pretty funky on a Jeep that's rolling 32's ):

Quote:
can i get your best price on the following...
I'll PM you shipping quotes later today. We're training a new sales person so it may be a couple hours before I can get a UPS quote out of him

Quote:
ps. do you think your version designed for jeeps with body lifts will be designed in such a way to hide the body mounts in the rear and cover up the gap between the top of the bumper and the tub? let me know, thanks
As far as I know, the body lift version will only have taller tabs for the lower pivot points. Otherwise it will be identical. I don't think we're planning to re-design the entire lower plate for it.
Unread 02-28-2011, 10:14 AM   #142
BSaint
2005 TJ Wrangler 

it looks as if with a body lift the arms on the upper part of the carrier would have to be mounted slighter higher up on the stinger part, which looks like it would ultimately reduce the width of the gap between the arms because the stinger narrows as it goes up. Because of this and your no-guarantee that it will fit a 42...i'm skeptical about ordering a carrier for this application

you guys should get your carrier on a jeep with a body lift and then find a cheap craiglist 42 or 44 inch tire so you can officially declare a max tire size that this thing is capable of carrying. I look forward to more feedback. thanks

~Brad
BSaint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2011, 10:29 AM   #143
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
it looks as if with a body lift the arms on the upper part of the carrier would have to be mounted slighter higher up on the stinger part, which looks like it would ultimately reduce the width of the gap between the arms because the stinger narrows as it goes up. Because of this and your no-guarantee that it will fit a 42...i'm skeptical about ordering a carrier for this application

you guys should get your carrier on a jeep with a body lift and then find a cheap craiglist 42 or 44 inch tire so you can officially declare a max tire size that this thing is capable of carrying. I look forward to more feedback. thanks

~Brad
If we ever get around to doing that we'll post up about it here. Until then we can only decalre "officially" that it will fit a 40". Thanks for your consideration.
Unread 02-28-2011, 10:57 AM   #144
0blcktj6
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If we ever get around to doing that we'll post up about it here. Until then we can only decalre "officially" that it will fit a 40". Thanks for your consideration.
How dare you only test up to a 40" tire!

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/v...ck-now-908246/
0blcktj6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2011, 12:21 PM   #145
PoisonSpyder
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

~Brad
Brad,
The arms will stay in the same location. The tabs on the crossmember will be the only change to accomodate the body lifts. As Dusty said there is an inch of room on each side of the 40" tire so a 42" tire should fit without issue.
Thanks,

www.PoisonSpyder.com

Spyder Bytes Blog
Become a fan on Facebook
MySpace a Place for Friends
PoisonSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #146
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Can I get a few quick measurements of the universal kit? I might try to fab this up to fit my XJ. I'd need the side to side measurement of the upper mounts and also the distance between the upper and lower mount lines. Thanks!
Unread 02-28-2011, 04:10 PM   #147
PoisonSpyder
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcorn View Post
Can I get a few quick measurements of the universal kit? I might try to fab this up to fit my XJ. I'd need the side to side measurement of the upper mounts and also the distance between the upper and lower mount lines. Thanks!
Dusty's working on it for you.
Thanks,

www.PoisonSpyder.com

Spyder Bytes Blog
Become a fan on Facebook
MySpace a Place for Friends
PoisonSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #148
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Can I get a few quick measurements of the universal kit? I might try to fab this up to fit my XJ. I'd need the side to side measurement of the upper mounts
56-1/4" to the outside edges of the bushing tube.
Quote:
and also the distance between the upper and lower mount lines. Thanks!
It is approximately 19-1/2" in vertical separation. Another measurement you might want is that the lower mounts are 27-1/2" from outside edge to outside edge. Hope this helps.
Unread 02-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #149
nibblesupreme
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
As far as I know, the body lift version will only have taller tabs for the lower pivot points. Otherwise it will be identical. I don't think we're planning to re-design the entire lower plate for it.
First, this thing looks SICK. Checking out the picture you posted and what I can only assume are the lower pivot points, I don't understand the "taller" tabs aspect of your statement. Forgive me I'm an auditor not an engineer

Honestly this is all I care about though:
1) I can get the tire carrier with the base and it will accomidate my 1.25 BL
2) It will fit with the crusher corners that will absolutely purchase in conjunction with the tire carrier/bumper

Obviously this is after you release the new tire carrier . BTW, any idea on when that will be hehe? [I think I know the answer]

Also, since the tire carrier is sent on crate could a potential customer save money on shipping by ordering the crusher corners and rear tire carrier/bumper together?

[%$&# spell check, i'm el'Naturel]
nibblesupreme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2011, 06:47 AM   #150
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
56-1/4" to the outside edges of the bushing tube.

It is approximately 19-1/2" in vertical separation. Another measurement you might want is that the lower mounts are 27-1/2" from outside edge to outside edge. Hope this helps.
Awesome, thanks a lot guys. I figure now that I have some heavy gauge rear quarter panel guards, I might be able to mount up this type of carrier. My swingout is a bit overloaded with a 35" tire on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.