Poison Spyder Rear Stinger/Tire Carrier - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder Rear Stinger/Tire Carrier

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-23-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Poison Spyder Rear Stinger/Tire Carrier

It's Back! Well, almost These photos are from a pre-production unit. They should be in full production within a couple of weeks!

Poison Spyder was the inventor of the Rear Stinger, a design that has since been imitated by many of our competitors. We now bring back the ORIGINAL Rear Stinger, but with a few improvements

The biggest product improvement over the old Rear Stinger is that it will now come fully welded, all you have to do is bolt it on (the old one had to be welded together by the installer).

The tire is held into the stinger with a custom 3-way ratchet strap. We're still perfecting the strap and how it attaches, so note that it will be different from what you see in the photos. But the strap has several benefits, first it always mounts the tire as low in the carrier as possible regardless of tire size. It is lighter, simpler and more cost effective than an adjustable spindle mount. And it is another example of how Poison Spyder is incorporating some of the ideas from desert racing into our line of rockcrawling products. For those who may be skeptical of the strap, keep in mind that desert racers use straps to hold their spare tires in place going 100mph through the whoops.

Other improvements include better looking skid, license plate mount, and tubework. The kit will come with easily removable pins rather than nuts and bolts, to make lowering the tire swing quicker and easier.

For those not familiar with the Rear Stinger concept, admittedly its not for everyone. But for hardcore trail abuse its ideal. It is extremely high clearance and makes it easier to mount and dismount very heavy spare tires. The tire in the photos is only a 34", but we've built it around a 40" Krawler, and it should also fit up to about a 42".

As you can see, the first model will be for the TJ/LJ. Models for YJ and CJ will follow. For the JK, it will be available as an option on our BFH Rear Bumper.

This is one of our most requested items--we get more emails, Facebook posts, PM's and phone calls from people wanting to know when these will be back in production, than any other product. So we're happy to report that the day is near! We have just a few more tweaks to make to it then it will be ready for prime time. We don't have pricing yet but we'll post up as soon as that is finalized, and we'll let you know when production begins and they're ready to order.

DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
mountaineerjp
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Will you be able to purchase just the strap separately?
1997 Sahara - 2.5"OME HD Springs and 2" BB - Bilstein 5100s - 35" BFG KM2s - Doug Thorley Header - Warn M8000 - Nates 4x4 Front & Rear Bumpers - JeepMedic Engine Skid - Shrockwork Rockers - OR-Fab Sport Cage - Ford 8.8 - 4.10s - TNT Customs 4.5" Tube Fenders in Front and Rear - Viking Soft Top - many other mods
WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H. L. Mencken
mountaineerjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I want it!!!!!
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #4
purplepig
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

How much does it weigh?
purplepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 09:11 AM   #5
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineerjp View Post
Will you be able to purchase just the strap separately?
We hadn't planned on selling the strap separately but if you want one I'm sure we'll be able to do that. We do plan on offering regular ratchet straps, in black with our embroidered logo.
Unread 07-26-2010, 09:11 AM   #6
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepig View Post
How much does it weigh?
I'll get a weight for it soon.
Unread 07-27-2010, 03:23 PM   #7
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

ballpark on cost?
2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 03:54 PM   #8
HaViiK
2001 WJ 

Make one for a WJ.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/haviiks-01-wj-slow-build-1067820/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Black HaViiK:[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR="DarkRed"]2001 WJ, 4.0, 42re (rebuilt at 100k), 30/35, Rough Country X-Series, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Yakima Megawarrior & Big Powderhound, Grille Guard, KC Daylighter 130w, Custom Sub Box & 2 Kicker 12" CVR
[/COLOR]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/zj-wj-faqs-read-first-contact-mod-changes-additions-591821/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]WJ/ZJ FAQ[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.facebook.com/steven.T.wright"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Facebook. Wheeling stuff in there.[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Thunderheadrcx?feature=mhee"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Youtube Channel. GoPro/Wheeling stuff[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=rulppa(chat);10944366]whats with people (steve) with those monster sigs. reply is usually like ':E' then 2 pages of signature lol[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11226293]THE WINNER IS REDHOTCHILIDOG!!!!111!!1!!!!(OBNXIOUS HUGE BEEFSTEW STYLE FONT) I will PM winner for details[/QUOTE]
HaViiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 04:38 PM   #9
SaxManClay
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Do want! =D
SaxManClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #10
kuruma
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Really want something similiar but with Jerry can attachments for it. Need to get the crap stocker off the back hatch. Great peice of work! I'll be taking a real close look when these are available. BTW you guys need to quit making parts so I can stop adding to my cart
kuruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #11
SpyderCJ
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepig View Post
How much does it weigh?
With all options it should fall right around 75lbs.
An exact weight will be known soon but I'm darn close at the 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBlu974X4 View Post
ballpark on cost?
$595 and $695 depending on the options that you choose.
SpyderCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:40 AM   #12
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I would really like to see a change in design with how the tire mounts to the carrier. I would be skeptical if the ratchet straps unleashes itself or sumthing. Why not go with a screw on holder like the other companies or are yall trying to set urself apart>
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #13
SpyderCJ
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
I would really like to see a change in design with how the tire mounts to the carrier. I would be skeptical if the ratchet straps unleashes itself or sumthing. Why not go with a screw on holder like the other companies or are yall trying to set urself apart>
If a trophy truck can go through the whoops at 100mph with multiple spare tires held on with ratcheting straps I think our setup will be just fine.
And no it's not a bad thing to be different than all the others that copied our original. not to mention our ratcheting strap won't scratch up the face of your nice wheels.
SpyderCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #14
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Can we get it without your logo on it? You don't sponsor me. I'm not advertising anyone elses product, I'm not going to start now. Also is there any way to pull it closer to the tub to get a better departure when not running a 40" tire? Perhaps threaded attachment points up top? It only makes sense to me.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #15
SaxManClay
2000 TJ Wrangler 

How much longer do I have to wait for this? Me want NOW!
SaxManClay is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.