Poison Spyder JK RockBrawler Rear Bumper - Second Generation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder JK RockBrawler Rear Bumper - Second Generation

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 06-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Poison Spyder JK RockBrawler Rear Bumper - Second Generation

Poison Spyder is proud to introduce the Second Generation of the wildly popular JK RockBrawler Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier. The initial release of this bumper enjoyed a huge response both in praise and in orders. But soon after its release we decided to begin working on a few revisions, which have all come together in the awesome new version of this bumper.

NEW MULTI-FACETED DESIGN
Perhaps the most noticable difference with the new bumper is its sleeker appearance. A high clearance, multi-faceted design provides even better departure angles and corner obstacle clearance. Not to mention the new bumper appears more streamlined, less boxy. Like the original, the new RockBrawler is constructed of CNC laser cut, brake-formed 3/16" plate steel. But the extra bends and facets actually lend even more strength to the bumper design.

INTEGRATED RECESSED REVERSE LIGHTS
One of the biggest feature requests since the initial release of the RockBrawler Rear Bumper has been to incorporate reverse lights. The new bumper does this, with signature Poison Spyder style and quality. The recessed light buckets accept a 2-1/2" clear LED backup lamp--the same backup lamps we've sold with our Crusher Corners. The recessed buckets protect them from the rocks and direct light rearward rather than into the bumper interior, the way some competitor's bracket-mounted lamps do. Customers may choose to wire them into the reverse light circuit, or wire them to a separate dash switch as a loading or utility light.

IMPROVED MOUNTING SYSTEM
The new RockBrawler Rear Bumper incorporates an extra set of mounting bolts, along the bottom of the bumper which fasten into the rear crossmember. Combined with the previously existing mounting flange bolts at either side, the bumper is now fastened by a total of 8 Grade 8 bolts, on three different planes to provide ultimate strength and rigidity to the mounted bumper.

In addition to these improvements, we've also streamlined the manufacturing process to ease product shortages. Our fixtures have been completely re-engineered to provide better alignment of components and more efficient manufacturing.

Pricing has been set at $100 higher than the old price, which comes to $1,197.00. Let's face it there's more work in this bumper than in the old one. That gets you the recessed light buckets, but the LED lamps themselves are sold separately. The photos above show a bumper without the recovery shackle tabs, but those are still available as a $49 option.

Base bumpers (without tire carriers) are available for ordering as of now, in stock and ready to ship. They can be ordered either directly from Poison Spyder or through any of our Authorized Poison Spyder Dealers. The version with Tire Carrier will be ready some time next week.

DTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2011, 10:55 PM   #2
Dsx
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
The photos above show a bumper without the recovery shackle tabs, but those are still available as a $49 option.
I was worried for a bit. But otherwise...

I have been holding out hoping to see more JK rear stinger prototype pics, but after seeing these, I might cave and jump on the pre-order list.
Dsx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
DTS
Vendor

Both versions of the JK RockBrawler Rear Bumper are now available for ordering, either directly from Poison Spyder or through any of our Authorized Poison Spyder Dealers.

JK RockBrawler Rear Bumper (without Tire Carrier):

JK RockBrawler Rear Bumper With Tire Carrier:

Unread 06-15-2011, 07:37 PM   #4
Bassman2
2009 JK Wrangler 

Mine just arrived today! Looks very well made!

Off to the powder coater tomorrow!!!!

One question - If I'm thinking about your rear corner armor - should I get it and install BEFORE I mount the bumper? Or will it install with the bumper installed - without difficulties??? (Pics make it look like maybethe tire carrier might interfere with one of the attaching bolts)
Bassman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2011, 10:21 AM   #5
Biglar

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman2 View Post
Mine just arrived today! Looks very well made!

Off to the powder coater tomorrow!!!!

One question - If I'm thinking about your rear corner armor - should I get it and install BEFORE I mount the bumper? Or will it install with the bumper installed - without difficulties??? (Pics make it look like maybethe tire carrier might interfere with one of the attaching bolts)
Bassman2,
Thanks for your purchase! It would be much easier to install the Crusher Corners before the bumper. The 2 lower bolt holes would be blocked by the carrier and nearly impossible to drill.
Thanks Again,
Biglar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #6
DTS
Vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.