Poison Spyder JK Body Mounted Tire Carrier - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder JK Body Mounted Tire Carrier

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinNEW KOR LED Lights from KrawlOff-Road.comWIN a Mammoth Lift Kit for your Wrangler at ExtremeTerrain

Unread 12-16-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Poison Spyder JK Body Mounted Tire Carrier

Poison Spyder's JK Body Mounted Tire Carrier works with the stock rear bumper or just about any aftermarket rear bumper, and can accomodate up to a 40" spare tire and accessories. The main tire carrier assembly is made of 1-1/2" DOM tubing for strength and great looks. All of the plate steel components are CNC laser cut and brake-formed from 1/8" or 3/16" steel plate. The hinge and latch assemblies are designed to address common issues inherent in similar tire carriers from other manufacturers. The tire carrier comes with mounting points to add several Roto-Pax™ fluid packs as well as a Hi-Lift™ jack.

Here's a video showing features and benefits of the tire carrier:

Here's a video of the installation process:

Or you can Download the Installation Instructions (link to PDF file)

With a 40" tire:

Threaded mount, alignment cone and wing nut tire mount:

Detail of the internal bracing that helps strengthen the tire carrier mounting, rather than just bolting it to the exterior sheet metal:

Close-up of the adjustment cam on the hinge side:

See our website (link) for all of the info about the Poison Spyder JK Body Mounted Tire Carrier, or inquire through any of our Authorized Poison Spyder Dealers!

DTS is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2014, 12:46 PM   #2
EugeneTheTJ
Tar Heel

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Slick. Anything similar in the works for a TJ? I'd be happy to test one for yall
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2014, 04:01 PM   #3
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneTheTJ View Post
Slick. Anything similar in the works for a TJ? I'd be happy to test one for yall
No plans for a TJ variant yet. Thanks,
Unread 01-15-2015, 12:04 PM   #4
DTS
Vendor

Here's a video of the installation process:

Or you can Download the Installation Instructions (link to PDF file)
Unread 01-19-2015, 06:33 PM   #5
DTS
Vendor

We're starting to see some customer-installed photos of these JK Body Mounted Tire Carriers now...

This one's from Jeff Yurk.

And a couple more from Jeff Yurk.

Here's a shot courtesy of Allan Tilley.

Here are a couple shots of Frank Castle's Jeep, shot and sent in by Vic Perz:

Vic gives us our first shot of this tire carrier installed with Poison Spyder Crusher Corners. Here's the tuning he had to do around the hinge cutouts on the passenger side corner to get it to fit. I know a couple folks have asked to see this and I said I'd post a pic as soon as we got one. Thanks again Vic.

Ryan Coleman installed his with what appear to be AEV corners, which are similar to our Crusher Corners in the hinge area so they required the same trimming:
Unread 01-25-2015, 09:13 AM   #6
Jeepforthewin
2010 JK Wrangler 

I found this on the PS website today, any pictures of the carrier with a 35" tire? Seems it might look pretty small in that carrier.
Unread 01-26-2015, 09:58 AM   #7
DTS
Vendor

Jeepforthewin, I've posted all the photos I have so far. I don't know what size tires those are on Ryan Coleman's (last photo above) but it looks like they might be 35's. I'll continue to post more photos as I receive them, and note the tire size if I can. Thanks,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.