Poison Spyder Hood Louvers - Page 26 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder Hood Louvers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 02-21-2013, 03:47 AM   #376
JeepAddOnsChris
Vendor
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
I plan on putting a 20" in the exact same place on my hood... Can I see where you drilled the holes to mount?
Right beside the hood tie downs. They're around 1/2" beside them on each side.

Visit our site
http://jeepaddons.com
Like us on Facebook
http://facebook.com/jeepaddons
JeepAddOnsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:21 AM   #377
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome! That looks like it works perfectly. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #378
RobSheaTJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm finally pulling the trigger on this. Could you PM me a JF price for the 03-06 TJ model in bare? Thank you.

"Wha's a Jeep?" Popeye asks Professor Brainstine.

[COLOR="Blue"]_/l ,[___],
l--L --OlllllO-[/COLOR]
[B]()_)()_)-o-)_)[/B]

[URL="http://northshorejeeps.forumotion.com/"]North Shore Jeeps[/URL]

[B]WTB:[/B] Poison Spyder Hood Louver, AEM Brute Force CAI, High flow Exhaust, Rokmen High Clearance Belly Pan, Engo 9-10K winch, Air Lockers
RobSheaTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #379
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSheaTJ View Post
I'm finally pulling the trigger on this. Could you PM me a JF price for the 03-06 TJ model in bare? Thank you.
$129 for bare Hood Louvers. (JF price is the same as our Spyder Direct price )
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #380
DTS
Vendor

Unread 04-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #381
TheOtherMe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Placed my order today. I'm going to try and cut my hood like B2CARPEN did on page 18 and not cut into the support beams. It seems to me there is plenty of room on the hood for louvers without cutting into the support beams so I'm not sure why the design doesn't avoid them. But what do I know, I'm just some guy who's about to cut up my perfectly good hood.
TheOtherMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #382
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherMe View Post
Placed my order today. I'm going to try and cut my hood like B2CARPEN did on page 18 and not cut into the support beams. It seems to me there is plenty of room on the hood for louvers without cutting into the support beams so I'm not sure why the design doesn't avoid them. But what do I know, I'm just some guy who's about to cut up my perfectly good hood.
Check out the link in my signature. It should help with the install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #383
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
If you're referring to the TJ Hood Louver, the cut lines on the template we provide are designed to miss the underhood braces. I don't know if you read through the entire thread but this was a change we made early on due to customer requests.
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #384
TheOtherMe
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
If you're referring to the TJ Hood Louver, the cut lines on the template we provide are designed to miss the underhood braces. I don't know if you read through the entire thread but this was a change we made early on due to customer requests.
Yes, I am referring to the TJ louvers. I read through this thread and noticed that the template changed for the larger cutouts, but I didn't notice if it was altered for the smaller cutouts for the forward facing louvers. One of the louver installs linked on this thread has the following picture which shows him using the template, but you can see part of the center bracing has been cut through. That is the bracing cut I was referring to. Has this been changed as well?

TheOtherMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 08:22 AM   #385
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Yes, I am referring to the TJ louvers. I read through this thread and noticed that the template changed for the larger cutouts, but I didn't notice if it was altered for the smaller cutouts for the forward facing louvers. One of the louver installs linked on this thread has the following picture which shows him using the template, but you can see part of the center bracing has been cut through. That is the bracing cut I was referring to. Has this been changed as well?

It looks like he used the current template. It looks like he got into the brace just slightly. If that bothers you, you can just take some careful measurements to make sure it doesn't happen when you install yours.
Unread 04-26-2013, 05:17 PM   #386
DTS
Vendor

Poison Spyder Hood Louvers are now available for the 2013+ JK with dual windshield squirters! Click Here.

Unread 04-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #387
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

whats with the tj's and jk's changing their squirter numbers lol. you think jeep could just stick with one design

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #388
SKINUM
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Do these help with heat soak issues? I would think yes but curious to hear what others think.
SKINUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #389
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

whats heat soak and i'll let you know lol

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #390
SKINUM
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Simple terms - a hunk of metal (or other thing) starts out at ambient temperature. It's exposed to other another temperature that warms (or cools) the surface. As time goes on, the head (or cold) evens out throughout the metal and the thing is "heat soaked". If you take away the source of the heat (or cold), the part will remain hot (or cold) for quite some time as it gives off the heat (or cold) that has "soaked" in the metal.

Sitting idle (with no air passing over the cooler) can also raise the "heat soak" causing loss of performance (or detonation), but it will reduce the "heat soak" as the car is moving with fresh (relatively) cool air passing over the system again.

The same thing happens with cooling systems. The combustion chamber temperatures can get quite high, and the coolant passing through the cylinder head carries away the heat. But when you turn off the engine, there is still a high amount of residual heat in the chamber material that has not been removed. That heat "soaks" the head (and the coolant) and makes localized hot spots - the normal coolant temperature may be 195 degrees, but that local hot spot can easily get to be 20 - 50 degrees hotter. That's why many cars have a fan that will kick on after the car is parked if it detects that the engine is too hot.

*****Took the above info from another site. The information explains heat soak in greater detail than I would*****
SKINUM is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.