Poison Spyder Hood Louvers - Page 24 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder Hood Louvers

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 07-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #346
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJeep97 View Post
Just the 97-02's as far as I know. I don't know why people are *****in' about the full logo. . . . I got mine with the full cut and it looks SICK!

You won't be disappointed with the full cutout.
I have the one with the small logo, i really like it. I was just curious.

I agree with being able to pick if you want it or not though, if you advertise their product you should get a discount compared to the normal "no logo" designs. I think sniper fab does this

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #347
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I also just have the small logo... and I don't mind it one bit. It's a balance between customer satisfaction and product promotion. When we buy a product from a company, we usually do it bc we like the design and quality of the said product. The company's logo is one way to identify where this product came from, but in all honesty most people who find out about good products are through word of mouth and convos.

On my last wheeling trip, I was following my group through the creek at the badlands offroad park and another group was passing by going the other direction. As they were passing by, one guy who was passing me stopped and said "dude is that the poison spyder louver?? Nice man looks good"

IndyORV
B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #348
76flh
1998 TJ Wrangler 

after watching for some time i just now ordered one for my tj.
76flh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2012, 06:13 AM   #349
76flh
1998 TJ Wrangler 

mine came in yesterday. fast shipping and looks good. can't wait to get in on. i will post a photo when done.
Unread 07-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #350
76flh
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76flh View Post
mine came in yesterday. fast shipping and looks good. can't wait to get in on. i will post a photo when done.
ok, i am going to install it bare with no powder coating or paint. has any one done it like this and if you did how did you get rid of the scratchs from it being stamped.
Unread 07-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #351
dirtycruiser

2005 LJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=DTS;11324071]Here's one a customer had powder coated in silver vein, turned out nice:

Here's a few more shots of that nice hood louver.

dirtycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2012, 10:09 AM   #352
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76flh View Post
ok, i am going to install it bare with no powder coating or paint. has any one done it like this and if you did how did you get rid of the scratchs from it being stamped.
It's aluminum so you can use aluminum polish to clean up any scratches or scuffs. I would shoot a few layers of clear coat to keep the aluminum from oxidizing and dulling. Use high gloss clear if you want a bright aluminum look with high reflection, or go with a flat clear for a basic aluminum look.

This is how my louver turned out with the PSC powder coating and 5 layers of high gloss clear coat, sorry for the poor quality phone pics...
psc-louver-11.jpg   psc-louver-21.jpg   psc-louver-22.jpg   psc-louver-12.jpg  

IndyORV
Unread 07-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #353
76flh
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i cleaned up a lot of scratchs, then i put mag wheel cleaner for cast wheels that took all the shine off. i wanted this look so it will match the aluminum rear corners and tailgate. i may change my mind later and have it powder coated as well as the other aluminum i have to go with the black color of the jeep. it turned out good and i have tryed to insert a photo but they must have change some thing on this site. i was able to do it easy but can't now.
Unread 07-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #354
76flh
1998 TJ Wrangler 

ok,hope this works. it is still off and i am going out after race and put it on.

Last edited by 76flh; 07-30-2012 at 06:25 AM.. Reason: picture link
Unread 07-29-2012, 07:48 PM   #355
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I would love to see you guys make something for the XJs! You would certainly have buyers.
YoureverydayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #356
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Somebody called to ask if we had Hood Louvers in stock

Click for: JK - Late TJ - Early TJ - YJ

DTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2012, 04:02 PM   #357
DTS
Vendor

Poison Spyder Hood Louvers available for: '07-'12 JK - Late TJ - Early TJ - YJ

Unread 10-22-2012, 04:22 PM   #358
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't want to be in range of that guy's LEDs! From what I can see there's the hood bar, two windshield hinge pods, and a double row light bar running along the top of the windshield frame (can see it in the hood reflection)... that's some SERIOUS light output!

IndyORV
Unread 10-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #359
DTS
Vendor

Yes that Jeep belongs to Rigid Industries, so its got a lot of their lights on it. Surely more than anyone would practically need, but its their rolling billboard.
Unread 10-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #360
DTS
Vendor

Here's a detailed video on the Hood Louver installation process. This vid is specific to the TJ version, but the procedures and concepts are just about the same for other models. Make sure to follow the template and instructions that came with your specific model.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.