Poison Spyder Hood Louvers - Page 22 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder Hood Louvers

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-04-2012, 07:01 AM   #316
fromme
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Are the 03-06 TJ ones in stock? Because I've had one on order early last week through one of your vendors and the tracking number you guys provided shows it hasn't even been dropped off at UPS yet. Either you are out of them, or your shipping department is really slow.

Unread 06-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #317
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerjenbob View Post
You are still doing the YJ version correct?
Yes. We will be announcing it soon.
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #318
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromme View Post
Are the 03-06 TJ ones in stock? Because I've had one on order early last week through one of your vendors and the tracking number you guys provided shows it hasn't even been dropped off at UPS yet. Either you are out of them, or your shipping department is really slow.
fromme, please contact the dealer you purchased it from, they can get a status for you.
Unread 06-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #319
fromme
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I did. And he is a great dealer and always prompt. The problem is on your end. Ordered on tues, this tag generated two days later on may 31: 1Z40A1530345890710. Still shows no shipment received. I was just trying to get to the bottom of why it is so hard to put a label on a box and give it to the UPS guy. Unless your out of stock, then I get it. I just want to know what to expect. He said you must have been out of stock and sorry for the delay Id like to know who is not being accurate with me.
Unread 06-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #320
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

ok so i have a question, i have a 2002 TJ and i have been desperatly waiting for the release of the 97-02 and alas its here. However when looking at the difference in the hood washer nozzles i realized that my 02 TJ has a fully functional single washer in the middle. im not the original owner so idk what could have happened, maybe the PO needed to replace the hood and used a 03-06, idk. what should i do? anyone else have this wrong year hood problem?

Sincerely, Clueless in Afghanistan

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #321
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandKing View Post
ok so i have a question, i have a 2002 TJ and i have been desperatly waiting for the release of the 97-02 and alas its here. However when looking at the difference in the hood washer nozzles i realized that my 02 TJ has a fully functional single washer in the middle. im not the original owner so idk what could have happened, maybe the PO needed to replace the hood and used a 03-06, idk. what should i do? anyone else have this wrong year hood problem?

Sincerely, Clueless in Afghanistan
You don't have a "wrong" hood... it depends when your 2002 was built. If it was built in late 2001 then it would have had the old 2 nozzle design. If it was built early 2002 (around the same time of the early production for the 2003 models) then it's possible that your jeep had some of the new changes. This is typical for "transition" year models.

You will want to order the original (1 washer nozzle) louver.
Unread 06-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #322
DTS
Vendor

From some of the reports we've heard, the year model cutoff for the 2 to 1 squirter was very fuzzy, and in fact wasn't even a definite thing (it seems there were some still built with 2 squirters even after some were starting to be built with 1 squirter). Since it seems to cause confusion I'll probably change the designation on those two part descriptions to just Single Squirter and Two Squirter, or something like that, rather than denote a year model range.
Unread 06-06-2012, 03:28 PM   #323
DTS
Vendor

Just a little heads-up for YJ peeps. Your hood louvers are now in stock. We're working our way through a few different new product announcements right now so I probably won't get them up on the site and officially announced until tomorrow or Friday, but anyone who's jonesin' for one right now, you can call and order one (bare only, powder coated ones won't be ready for a week at least). Same price as TJ. Only caveat is we don't have a cut template done for it yet so if you're comfortable marking and cutting on your own, go for it!

An official announcement, product launch, full info, etc. is forthcoming. Just thought I'd give an early heads up to my JF friends since you guys have been so patient
Unread 06-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #324
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Dusty - Got any pics of the louvers on a YJ? I'm interested to see how it turned out.
Unread 06-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #325
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Dusty - Got any pics of the louvers on a YJ? I'm interested to see how it turned out.
LOL...I JUST got them. Sorry no pics yet. Same basic idea as the TJ and JK ones.
Unread 06-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #326
DTS
Vendor

YJ Hood Louvers are now available! Check out our YJ Hood Louver page for info and ordering, or contact any of our dealers to order. They are available NOW in bare aluminum, give us a week for powder coated. The only caveat is that we do not have the cut template finished for them yet, so if you're comfortable measuring and cutting on your own, order up! If you want to wait for the template (probably sometime next week), please either wait until then or make a note in the comments to hold your order until the template is ready. BTW, we'll get some installed photos posted sometime next week, so please be patient if you need to see installed photos before pulling the trigger. WOOHOO!! More YJ love from Poison Spyder!!

Unread 06-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #327
fromme
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I don't think I've ever been so anxious for a part to arrive before, this seemed to take forever but it was worth the wait. Very nice. I'm not a good photographer at all and the lighting was great this evening but here's a deep beryl green TJ with your louvers. I didn't even bother taking pics of the install because so many have already done that.

We talked a little about that template today Dusty and I don't know what to tell ya other than after laying it on the hood by matching up the hood bumper holes and by laying it on there so the whole template was centered on the raised portion, the cutout lines matched up if I matched up the holes and ignored the fact the template looked like it was pushed too far "forward". So after I got the two big pieces cut out, it was obvious the two smaller rear cutout lines would have me cutting in to the reinforcing strips on the bottom of the hood. I had to pretty much eyeball those and instead of drilling holes at each corner and cutting I used my 3" hole saw and cut two round holes which worked perfectly and was easier to do that anyway.
In other words the louver fit up perfectly, but the cutout doesn't match the louver well at all and I had to ignore the instructions on the template placement and cheat it so it looked correct. Which was no big deal and I'm still very pleased with the end outcome.
Unread 06-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #328
Burlbook48
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Dusty, nice looking product.

I have a question about the design. Why are the back 6 louvers facing forward, unlike the rest of the hood? Looks, or function? Just curious. Sorry if I missed the explanation somewhere in the 20+ pages of this thread.

Entered in your YJ giveaway. Here's hoping!
Unread 06-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #329
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

i would assume the rear facing vents are for hot air to escape and the forward vents are for cooler outside air to rush in
probaly wrong but my .02

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #330
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandKing View Post
i would assume the rear facing vents are for hot air to escape and the forward vents are for cooler outside air to rush in
probaly wrong but my .02
You are correct... It actually helps force out the hot air. When you are driving down the road, cool air enters through your grill / radiator into the engine compartment, as well as those rear forward facing louvers. Since you have cool air coming in through the front grill and rear louvers, it should assist with pushing the radiated engine heat up and out the rear facing louvers.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.